Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are Rarity and Applejack still the 2 least popular ponies of the Mane 6?

ghostfacekiller39

Are Rarity and Applejack still the least popular members of the mane 6?  

64 users have voted

1. 1. Is Rarity still one of the least popular of the mane 6?

• No
    • Yes
  2. 2. Is Applejack still one of the least popular of the mane 6?

• No
    • Yes

A large portion of these forums don't limit themselves exclusively to these forums though, dude :D Like, I'm an active member of 3 different forums and I look at EQD pretty regularly :D I know that's the case for other members of these forums, as well :D

Not necessarily speaking about anyone here, but like people who are not really involved on the internet, just there own opinion.

Not necessarily speaking about anyone here, but like people who are not really involved on the internet, just there own opinion.

Sir, until you can provide decisive evidence that proves that the people who aren't involved in the online portion of the community still don't like AJ and Rares, I must bid you good day and go with what appears to be the general consensus :D

and this is in terms of popularity amongst the whole fandom, not just how many people like or dislike them; how many fans they have, per se :D

They have seen an upsurge in popularity this season with Applejack's starting in season 3 but they still have quite a lot of catching up to do before they are as popular as the others. Applejack fans have always been outspoken, I should know I am pretty much one of them and it seems like Rarity fans are starting to take a page from the Applejack fans playbook more and more. 

• Brohoof 3

I would say, No.

Too add to that simple statement I will explain.

This season (4) has seen ALOT of shifting of "power" in the mane6. Rarity, oh my sweet, perfect, Queen. Has had a catchup style treatment placed upoun her, due to her lax of development and face time in Season 3 (some of her fans even argue 2 and 1, where as my only complaint is she wasnt present at all for Nightmare Night...really, a event BASED on costumes and Rarity is "working" buck that!). Her sheer amount of facetime, songs, and AMAZING voice acting by Mrs. Germaine this season have rocked her up from being the most "disliked" of the mane6...imo.

AJ on the other hand, while moving a bit from her lower ranks, and no longer being called a..sigh..best Background Pony. Has stumbled a bit this season, some fans are adverse to her deeper voice tone, I prefer it to the more bubbled fashion from season 1, seems more rustic and..murr, allureing? But in facetime she has had a bit more then past seasons just, not alot of development. With entire episodes BASED around the APPLE FAMILY, AJ is there, doing her do, but it isnt about HER, its about THEM. Frankly her character needs away time with another Pony (oh please say Rarity, PLEASE!), on an adventure away from ponyville to just give her more purpose (like in previous seasons) she can use the other pony as a foil to really dig into AJs fears and concerns, which with so many of her friends/family around we have never really seen her let down the pride-wall.

Now to place some Irony in your question, the RELATIONSHIP of Lady Rarity and Applejack, has sky rocketed from its place in past seasons. The shippers are squeeing all over this season between the two (raises hoof) but also we are really starting to see a whole level of depth between them. A kind of friendship that can swing like a Babe Ruth at the plate Bat, at any moment. I think of all the "relationships" between the assorted girls, this one was always the most interesting, but now, is suddenly the strongest and most eagerly requested.

Finally, I wanted to add, I really think the Yellow one has dropped down the poles this season. Fluttershy is just...kinda boring right now? (:hides from the thrown rocks:) She just hasnt...done..much, compared to past seasons. And the on going joke of her Flutter-form, and her many differnt beast modes is kinda getting played out. A shame really, this character has the best ying-yang relationship with herself and a good writter could do SO MUCH WITH THAT!

• Brohoof 1

Sir, until you can provide decisive evidence that proves that the people who aren't involved in the online portion of the community still don't like AJ and Rares, I must bid you good day and go with what appears to be the general consensus :D

Since we are both respectable Rarity fans, I call of a peaceful ending of this conflict, I offer my hand to end the war.

It's true that Rarity was one of the least popular in the beginning of the series, but I think her popularity has shot up significantly. As for Applejack, love her heart, I still think she's on the bottom of overall popularity. I actually really enjoy meeting Applejack fans just because of how there aren't many of them. I still love AJ though. ^^ <3

• Brohoof 1

It's hard for me to say since mentally I'm in kind of a Rarity "bubble" with my own fandom andI actively go out looking for Rarity based material, but I sadly don't think there's been much of a long term change so far.  While people's opinions of her have improved this season, I don't know if I see a huge jump in Rarity fandom outside of this forum.  Same goes for AJ. 

Bottom line is, as much as I disagree with this whole idea, people tend to gravitate towards ponies whose personalities/interests are most like their own.  I think a lot of bronies can better relate to a an outspoken tomboy like Rainbow Dash or an introvert like Fluttershy.  And in the case of Fluttershy, she brings out that whole "protective" side in guys.  Unfortunately, Rarity and AJ have neither of these qualities.

(edited)

Well, to shoot this topic down right at the start.

http://www.herdcensus.com/2014%20STATE%20OF%20THE%20HERD%20REPORT.pdf

Page 80.

And i don't like it, seeing that Rarity is my favorite and Apples my second favorite. But i accepted a long time ago that this will NEVER change.

NO no no, you're doing it wrong! This is how you shoot down a topic:

tumblr_m30ir5glwT1qmo3obo1_500.gif

Edited by CharmingStallion

Well, if the poll currently going on the forum is any indication. Applejack is no longer the orange background pone. Atleast according to this forum. And the popularity of both ponies has increased significantly, while the fans for rainbowdesh have seen a steady decline. Perhaps it is just inner fandom hipsterism, liking that which is least liked, or maybe due to the increase in quality in episodes pertaining to those characters, people are beginning to like them more. But sadly, I am always alone in my princess cadence fan club. 

• Brohoof 2

Well, if the poll currently going on the forum is any indication. Applejack is no longer the orange background pone. Atleast according to this forum. And the popularity of both ponies has increased significantly, while the fans for rainbowdesh have seen a steady decline. Perhaps it is just inner fandom hipsterism, liking that which is least liked, or maybe due to the increase in quality in episodes pertaining to those characters, people are beginning to like them more. But sadly, I am always alone in my princess cadence fan club.

Princess Cadence is fuggin' hot, though.  She totally needs more fans based on plot value alone :D
  • Brohoof 1

Princess Cadence is fuggin' hot, though. She totally needs more fans based on plot value alone

Quoting for the point, that I completely agree. That being said she needs more fans in general, the hot thing should help though.

• Brohoof 1

I don't make topics very often, but when I do, Rarity is usually involved somehow :D

As is the case here.

img-2452312-1-tumblr_mxzwafbm7w1s88ss5o1Now, in the past, the general consensus amongst the fandom was that, out of the mane 6, that Rarity and AJ had the two smallest fanbases of the mane 6; however, more recently, I've seen a surge of popularity for these two wonderful, yet, underrated ponies :D

I don't know how you feel on the subject (probably why I'm making this topic :derp: ) but I honestly don't think these two ponies have the smallest fanbases anymore, and they're getting the attention they deserve :D

So, yeahh, blah blah blah, what do you think? :D

Do AJ and Rarity have the smallest fanbases of the mane 6 still? I think I've made my opinions pretty clear here :D

Don't worry, your waifu has gained an immense fanbase.  AJ is still the least popular of the mane six, though.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, they have gotten more popular. BUT I think AJ is still the least popular. And why are so many people hating on Dashie? I personally love rainbow falls, in fact, it's my favorite episode so far this season. *braces for RF hate*

Princess Cadence is fuggin' hot, though.  She totally needs more fans based on plot value alone :D

Yes, but Luna and Celestia give her quite a bit of competition in that department of course that dosen't change the fact that my nickname for Shining Armor is lucky bastard. If I am going to be completely honest that is probably the main reason why I like her, of course that is just one in a very long list of reasons why I like Applejack and the other reasons have added to my attraction to her big time.

Ponies aren't for special hugging guys ..

I throw my lot in with everyone else who's said Rarity's gotten better, AJ's stayed the same. The trouble with AJ is any time they want to give her an episode they have to do it by adding flaws to her character that have never been seen before and it keeps coming off as ridiculous. If she didn't have a monopoly on all lessons family-related, she wouldn't have anything at all ..

• Brohoof 1

I definitely think Rarity has gained in popularity over the years, she has a great fanbase. :D

Applejack though... she has gained more fans here and there, but not as many as Rarity I feel. :huh:

Then again, I do pay more attention to one than the other so... yeah. :P

• Brohoof 1

I think the issue with Applejack is that, there's so many people nowadays that get butthurt over the truth, that it makes you wonder if being honest is ok. She's almost a mixed message. People need to understand, the truth is not always going to be favorable, and get over it.

On the other hand, she has no really super special skills, other then being tough and good with a rope, which seems they have a hard time trying to make fit in. Like I said before, making her seem like a background pony, probably boosted her popularity, because people felt sorry for her, and opened up to see what she's really like.

I think Rarity´s fans have increased over the time! Shes my 2nd fave pony (Obviously Pinkie is my favorite) Applejack fan base have increased as well, but I think Rarity has more fans that her! Well see if that changes anytime soon.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen alot of Applejack and Rarity fans recently on this forum and on deviantART so for the both of them yes. I'm so glad that they're finally getting alot of love. :)

• 2 months later...

As a longtime Applejack fan I have noticed that alot of people haven't given AJ that much credit as a character in the past and I used to do the same with Rarity along with many others. Of course since season 3 thanks to Applejack's amazing character development a lot of fans have given Applejack a second look and while Rarity was ignored that season they have for the most part made up for it in season 4 while still keeping Applejack's momentum going. Because of this and other factors including the Rarity fans being more outspoken than ever before it seems like while Applejack and Rarity are still lower on the popularity scale than the other mane 6 are being taken more seriously as characters.

In the March Madness tournament on here both Applejack and Rarity made the final 4 of course there was a rather messy situation which had them and the other 2 all declared the "winners" due to the behavior of some fans getting a tad out of hand but in the "unofficial" version which was created in the aftermath and later blessed by the creator of the "official" version Applejack won. Now in the World Cup tournament while Applejack has just been elimited made it very far and Rarity is now in a semi finals match against Fluttershy.

There are still plenty of people that think Applejack is the "boring one" and still some hard core Rarity haters but both have gone down quite a bit in a relatively short amount of time which made me come to the conclusion that if they are in fact still underrated that they are not as much as they used to be.

• Brohoof 1

On this forum, certainly not. In Rarity's case especially, both of those ponies have pretty large fanbases. I might even consider Rarity among the most popular. I don't think that's representative of the entire fandom, though. I think that, in both cases, the fan clubs here have fostered a community for those ponies even more popular than they would be otherwise. I know that for me personally, fans of Rarity made me see her in a different light (although I liked her in the first place) I'm not sure the same thing happens off this site. I'm inclined to believe that things would be worse for them elsewhere.

I haven't gone to any conventions, though, so I don't exactly have good information.

• Brohoof 1