Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should they just wrap up the CMC story arch?

DoubleRainbow_Dash

Ever since Show Stoppers we all have known what the CMC's talents are. From that point on all episodes centered around them getting their cutie marks seem pointless since we already know what their talents are. So I ask all of you, what do you think they should do? In my opinion they should shop the whole 'lets get our cutie marks' thing, maybe if you kept the CMC together but went in a different, more original direction with it, it wouldn't seem like they are beating a dead horse. 

Well eventually they'll have to stop. I was thinking they should give them a spin off, but I don't know if that's possible. Well I think the new cmc episodes are entertaining, they will have to stop eventually. They will probably stop whenever the show ends.

• Brohoof 2

I don't think the point of the CMC episodes were to have us guessing what the CMC's talents were.  Further, many of the latter-day CMC episodes have gone past the "cutie mark hunt" story, even "Twilight Time" didn't mention cutie marks as a goal at all as far as I recall.

• Brohoof 1

It will end at some point, I know a lot of people want their arc to end I'm not one of those people. Besides the six keys and the Equestria Games arc this season, it wouldn't hurt to still have a third arc along with it. Sure it's been dragging on for a while since Season 1, but they are still growing as characters.

For now, end it when they are ready.

• Brohoof 1

Ya, I will agree that the CMC have grown as characters, but it still bothers me that they don't just get their cutie marks. That doesn't mean they should take the CMC out of the show. They really should just get rid of the elephant in the room, that's all 

Well at the end of the day it's a kid's cartoon. Like the cartoons we watched as children, they could stretch plot points out forever and the intended audience wouldn't question it. Status quo is very easy to keep in a slice of life show like this one. That said, I think the CMC wouldn't lose anything if their cutie marks were found. More plots could be created with them trying to find a foothold in their new-found talents, for example. I just don't think it's happening anytime soon.

• Brohoof 1

Ya, I will agree that the CMC have grown as characters, but it still bothers me that they don't just get their cutie marks. That doesn't mean they should take the CMC out of the show. They really should just get rid of the elephant in the room, that's all 

Personally I think there's something to the CMC not having their cutie marks-- it conveys more innocence and all.  Don't really think it's much of a problem-- as I've said, even now they've kind of let the cutie mark hunt fall into the background.

If they do get their cutie marks, though, we're probably going to riot one way or another.

Yes, I think they should end the arc.

It is getting annoying at this point to keep waiting for their marks.

Every time I hear that a new CMC episode is coming out, I go into them hoping it'll be a cutie mark episode.

I just think they've pushed this on way too long and it's getting boring.