Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you scared of needles?

Legacy Dash

129 users have voted

1. 1. Needles?

• Scared of them.
    • Ok with 'em.
    • Love 'em <3

Only when I'm getting a shot. Then I get terrified just from the sight of it. Although, if I see a needle that's used for different purposes(other than shots), then I'm pretty calm around them.

What about the needle that's used for Lobotmizing someone? I would be hella scared of that thing...

What about the needle that's used for Lobotmizing someone? I would be hella scared of that thing...

Oh boy, I forgot about that...  :o 

You know what, now I think it's best to stay away from all needles that are used in the hospital.  :okiedokielokie: 

Want to know whats fun to do with someone that's scared of needles? Slowly stick the needle in and out of something, such as a pillow or something soft. WAIT. DON'T READ THAT. I DIDN'T TYPE THAT. STOP IT MIND!

Edited by ~DJ Alicorn~ Bruh...

I remember way back in, I think, the 7th or 8th grade, I was standing in line for a vaccine, and I was very shaken, standing at the back of the line.

After getting the shot, I felt really stupid for feeling scared.

Oh yes, I am very afraid of needles.

- Whenever I go to the doctor and I need to get blood drawn, I cry and then I faint. Every time. Never fails.

- I get really nervous and may even cry when I get vaccines. I always bring super sour candy with me in these situations because the sourness of the candy distracts me from the pain.

- I was once in a car accident and the truck I was in flipped 3 times and landed upside down. I was going into shock and the paramedic wanted to give me an IV. I told him flat out "NO". I had to sign a document saying that I refused an IV.

- I hate needles but I am addicted to getting tattoos.

- By the way, I'm 19; I am pathetic ^_^

post-14906-0-89458900-1395937034_thumb.jpg

Edited by Samurott77

Yes, I'm afraid of them, but less so than when I was young.  It just feels very intrusive, and for some reason, I always fear that the procedure will be botched up.

And I'm also afraid of sewing needles, cactus needles, any kind of needles.  Doesn't just go for shots.   :derp:

Not at all. Every now and then, I have to get my blood checked in order to make sure I'm healthy and whatnot. So they look at stuff like my cholesterol and such. Every time I go, I just watch them stick the needle into my arm and draw out the blood. It's not like there's anything anything else to look at. I was even excited to get a vaccine once. Oh God, what the hell is wrong with me.

As a child though, I guess I was pretty terrified of them. My mom told me that I was so scared once, I tried to get away and a few people had to hold me down. I tried so hard to break free, I ended up spitting in my doctor's face lol.

Ugh, I hattttte needles. Shots freak me out, the last one I had was like 4 years ago, right before high school. Like 7 weeks ago I had my blood drawn for the first time cause I needed jaw surgery. Jesus Christ. I was shaking in the chair. My arm kept twitching and I ended up bruised from it. Right before my surgery I was laying in the gurney bed thing with my mom next to me and as soon as I saw the nurse coming with the iv I was flippin out. Not fun, I had to get two numbing shots before the iv cause I was so scared. :/

I wouldn't say that I love needles, but I love that when there's a needle in me, it usually means I'm donating plasma and am getting paid $35 for sitting around browsing the Internet or playing games for an hour or two.

I don't have a problem with needles, anyway.

I am not scared of needles (there is no comma on my keyboard so imagine one here) but I do not like getting them. I believe no one does. Also (just imagine another comma) is this discussion DBZ reference?

Not at all

in fact, I rather enjoy needles ;//;

Every time I have to get blood drawn, I sit there and watch the whole procedure

I'm sure the phlebotomist thinks I'm insane haha

I'll give you a hint, when I was a kid they took me in for vaccinations, I bit the doctor and ran out of the room screaming. I hid Under a table and they had to drag me and the table back into the examination room.

Yes, I am. Every time that I had to go to the doctor, they had to use needles to extract blood from my arms. I always hated needles, plus I always cried on my way to the doctor.

When I was 4 or 5 I had pneumonia, had to go to the hospital and they tried over and over and over to draw blood and ever since then I am TERRIFIED of needles (for medical purposes).

However... I have tattoos and although there was slight pain involved, I did not find tattoo needles as terrifying as blood draw needles.

I would rather spend 8 hours being tattooed than 8 seconds having someone try to draw blood or give me any type of injection.

• 4 months later...

No you are not the only one! I hate needles as well. I try not to look at the needle when I get a shot and that usually helps.

That makes me feel a lil, worse  :unsure:

but it's good that helps others 

thing is with me it's the thought more than the feel along with the shock...

I hate them too. It doesn't matter how many shots I've gotten I can never get over my fear. The last time I had to get a shot I was pretty much crying and shaking by the time it was done. You have no idea how hard it was to just sit still and let them do it.

It makes me feel like a real wimp sometimes, but I just can't get over it. I'm terrified of needles and it takes all my willpower to not just get out of the chair and run when I need to get a shot.

• Brohoof 1

That makes me feel a lil, worse  :unsure:

but it's good that helps others 

thing is with me it's the thought more than the feel along with the shock...

Try not to think about it then. Think about ponies when you're getting a shot.   :P