Are you scared of needles?

Legacy Dash

129 users have voted

1. 1. Needles?

• Scared of them.
    • Ok with 'em.
    • Love 'em <3

Uh-huh.

Ever since I was a child I've been afraid of medical related stuff in general. The last time I got a needle (in school), I ended up fainting shortly afterwards. The needle itself wasn't too bad to be honest, not too painful or anything, but I'm still scared of the damn things. :lol:

I'm totally ok with needles,but the only needles I get are from flu shots and nothing else.They hurt a little but that doesnt bother me. plus I play paintball so i'm used to that kind of pain

I'm okay with like doctors taking blood er shots and all that, but I don't LOVE it. But when I've got the needle or a friend is gonna pierce something on me.... mmmm I luvs it so much. I use needles all the time, whether piercing (not anything lately but few years ago) or just sticking em under my skin, its fun!

not that iv had one done but beats the hell of a bone marel transplant thay drill through youre bone(s) and suck youre bone marel out and replace it

Yes, I have a fairly strong fear of them. I've developed a method to handle that fear though. If I have to get a needle for some reason, I don't look at the needle itself. Not seeing it at all prevents my fear from kicking in. (Well, maybe not 100% of it, but around 80%)

I feel like that is true for me too. Really looking at needles usually makes me get this, weird feeling, and cause me to get fear of them.

Really the same is true with most any sharp object, needles especially though.

I hate getting shots, needles scare me quite a bit, and make me feel uncomfortable. Usually the shots don't turn out to be that bad when i get them, but it doesn't mean I am not quite uncomfortable with it. 

Atleast I don't have fear of needles to the level to pass out over them like I've know some who do. But I am still very much so scared of them. 

Yes, yes I am. I'd jump out (fabulously) the clinic's window just to get away if my mom wasn't holding my in place.

I remember when I was younger and I'd go to get shots, one time we went to some school to get like Flu shots or something, and I was like freaking out, I wouldn't sit still and I kept crying, eventually my mom just had to hold me down. 

My brother on the other hand seemed perfectly fine with it, and so did another younger kid then me at the time who was totally ok with it.

So yeah, i don't like needles ;p. Atleast I don't run away from them now, but I certainly don't like them, I just try to get them over with as quick as possible.

• Brohoof 1

The moment right before injection seems to be more alarming to me, than the actual injection itself which is surprising. I guess the dramas that go on with vaccination, especially in school make the tension increase dramatically.

Other than that. I have no fear of needles whatsoever.

I've never understood the fear of needles. It hurts for a little bit then it's over..big whoop. Of all the things you could be scared of 'needles' seems like it would be far, far down on the list.

God yes, I am so very afraid of needles. I don't really know why, but it's always bothered me. It's not the pain, because pain doesn't cause fear in me, but it's something else about them..

Edited by ARagY

The only needles I fear are vaccines because of all the toxic heavy metals and other crap they put in them. The last "shot" I got was not a vaccine but was actually a cortisone shot for one of my knee injuries. The pain was horrible, I felt extremely light headed and lethargic afterwards (normal side effects) and I went through all kinds of hell for the next couple of days or so but it did do its job by bringing down swelling, inflammation and helping me recover faster. It is something I hope I never have to do ever again, I know I will never take a vaccine again but with my history of knee injuries there may be another cortisone shot in my future but I will do as best as I can to not get myself in a situation where I will need that.