Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Official Sonic the Hedgehog Thread

Adorkable

All generations of Sonic are equal here so whichever. :lol:

I've always liked Tails' love of mechanical things. He's a little genius and I love how they're bringing that back in more recent games. There were a few games where he was just another jumping character like Sonic.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this topic died for awhile. ONWARD TO ACTIVITY.

I dunno if I've said it here but Sonic and the Black Knight is one of my top five Sonic games. The soundtrack is a lot of it but I just liked everything about it (aside from the control scheme). I hoped they'd make at least one more storybook game. The improvements from Secret Rings to Black Knight were phenomenal so I wonder how another one would turn out if they kept the trend up.

Also, I'm considering getting a subscription to the Archie comic soon. I won't know what's even going on but I also wanna get the archive books and hope they catch up with the latest comics at some point.

Does anyone know where I could get collections of the side series like Knuckles and Tails' side comics if I can't find them on the Archie website? Don't really know where to go to look for comics online. I know a comic shop up in Seattle but I think they only carry more recent issues.

The 3DS demo was good, I liked it

I'm... extremely mixed.

I actually don't know what the hell to think.

Bad music, decent graphics, rival races worse than that of Sonic Rivals, fun to explore action levels, I honestly have no solid opinion.
It's not good, but it's not bad. It's just... weird. 

The comics are still running? Holy geez...

I don't plan on playing the Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal demo. As I might have said before, the Rush-style games just can't hit it off for me. I'll definitely be getting the Wii U version, though.

Edited by Mars Caramel

The comics are still running? Holy geez...

I don't plan on playing the Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal demo. As I might have said before, the Rush-style games just can't hit it off for me. I'll definitely be getting the Wii U version, though.

Not just the comics but many side comics as well and Sonic Boom itself is getting it's own comic on top of the cartoon.

And if you don't play the 3DS game you'll be missing out on some story. I don't know how much, obviously, but it's not just another version. It's a prequel to the Wii-U game which is a prequel to the show. I don't know where the comic fits in.

Also, I don't know if it'll be anything like Rush. Sonic Colors DS was the last one to play anything like the Rush games as far as I know. I won't be playing the 3DS demo either though. I don't like to play demos that often. I like to just play the game.

Yesterday, I was taking my lunch break when I looked at the TV and saw a commercial for Sonic Boom.

What got me, was a little girl about 5 years old or so sitting with her mom and dad behind me and saying "Sonic! I love Sonic!" When the commercial aired.

1. My favorite Sonic game so far has to be either Sonic 3 & Knuckles, or Sonic Heroes...

2. My top 5 are: the games above, Sonic Generations, Sonic Colors, Sonic Heroes, and Sonic Advance 3.

3. Silver the Hedgehog is my favorite. His cool design, his psychokinesis, his okay theme song, I just love the guy (no homo).

4. Top 5 characters: Silver, Metal Sonic, Sonic, Knuckles, and Shadow.

5. Favorite songs are His World (both versions), I Am....All of Me, Reach for the Stars, All Hail Shadow, Live and Learn, Knight of the Wind, and Dreams of an Absolution.

6. No opinion on the cartoons yet.

7. Haven't played the games, the cartoon's okay...

8. Jason Griffith and Roger-Craig Smith are my favorites.

9. I dunno, I liked them both for Silver...

10. Cream, Rouge, Babylon Rouges, and Charmy Bee...

11. Whoever does Cream...

12. When I played Sonic 2 at the age of 4 or 5.

14. Sonic 2006 (many reasons), Sonic Advance 2, and Sonic Labyrinth.

13. Sonic the Hedgehog 2. In fact, that was my first video game at all!

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone hear the Legend of Zelda rendition from Sonic Lost World? It's totally awesome!

yay loved the legend of zelda dlc but I think I like the nights dlc better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YIKF6hRfsE

I love the sonic universe been a sonic fan since I was 4

my favorite charather is sonic cause I just love his personally (kind if like mine) and love his super speed and..........

other favorite (in this particular order) shadow, silver, knux. blaze, ezio..i mean espio, the rest of choatix.

favorite sonic games:uhuhhhhh sonic adventure 2

• Brohoof 1

I really enjoyed playing Sonic Heroes... it's really fun to play: the team work, the mechanics, the story, the gameplay are really good. The Sonic Adventures series is also awesome. The best sonic games up to date (for me that is).

Edited by Snivinerior
  • Brohoof 1

This thread was made for me! As a huge Tails fan, I definitely have to step in and pay my respect to SEGA for introducing Sonic the Hedgehog to the gaming community. I never owned a SEGA system growing up, but my friend owned one. That was the first time I got to play as Tails (He always played Sonic) and I immediately fell in love. I do like the direction they're taking Tails in Sonic Boom. He's much more grown up and more diverse.

It's too bad Sonic Boom tanked so hard, though. I would have liked to have a proper game that let's you play as Tails.

• Brohoof 2

Which is your favorite Sonic game? Tie between Adventure 2, Heroes, Rush, and Rush Adventure. I like the games with multiple characters the most. Boom would be included in this, but I still need to finish the one on Wii U.

What are your top 5 favorite Sonic games? Adventure, Adventure 2, Heroes, Rush, Rush Adventure.

Who's your favorite Sonic character? Tie between Blaze and Rouge

Who's your top 5 favorite Sonic characters? Rouge, Blaze, Amy, Tails, Shadow (No particular order)

What's your favorite Sonic song? The Sonic X opening. Does that count?

Which was your favorite Sonic cartoon? Sonic X since I don't have access to Boom on CN. The original Sonic the Hedgehog was good too, with Scratch and Grounder.

Thoughts on Sonic Boom? Really enjoying it and it's my favorite game(s) since Heroes. Really like being able to play other characters besides Sonic.

Who's your favorite Voice Actor for Sonic? I don't follow the VAs, sorry.

Who's your favorite Voice Actor for your favorite character? See above.

Who is your least favorite Sonic Character? I'm not sure I have one. Maybe Buttnick, but is that too obvious?

Who is your least favorite Sonic Voice Actor? Again, I don't follow the VAs.

When did you become a Sonic fan? Pretty much when I found my Genesis. Yea, you heard that right. I found a perfectly good, working, Genesis version 1 (White reset button!) and still have it. The Sonic games were the first and only games I ever bought for it.

What is your least favorite Sonic game? Not sure I have one. Unlike the rest of the fandom, I prefer having a game rather than not. If i had to choose, it would be 06. First of all I hate games which write themselves out of existence. So glad I researched that. Second of all because Blaze died. Sooooo glad I never bought this game.

and last...

What was your first Sonic game? Sonic&Knuckles, without the save feature. I desperately wanted to be able to save my progress, so I bought Sonic 3 to lock on with it. I have played Sonic 1 but never to completion. I always died on the underwater level. I played very little of Sonic 2. Yea, I'm old.

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 2

I really enjoyed playing Sonic Heroes... it's really fun to play: the team work, the mechanics, the story, the gameplay are really good. The Sonic Adventures series is also awesome. The best sonic game up to date (for me that is).

I have Sonic Heroes for PC, PS2, and GC. I agree, that game is fun and I love it to death. <3

• Brohoof 3

I miss Eggman running faster than Sonic...

Honeslty, that part was hilarious.

I agree with this 100%. It was always funny as well as a WTF moment.

Sonic Boom next month, yeeeeayah

img-3145781-1-tumblr_inline_n7n5lp0Yes1r

I've been interested in looking into it. Though I've been hearing more bad things than good with the new stuff coming out. Meh...

This is probably my favorite version of Eggman but I prefer the comics version overall, though I like the comics in general more than most of the other entertainment mediums in the franchise. Jim Cummings was the perfect voice to use for him. I don't much care for Mike Pollock. His voice is too goofy for Eggman. Granted the Eggman we know now is more comedy than anything anyway so I guess it also fits but I like my Eggman to sound like an actual threat like with Jim Cummings.

Eggman/Robotnik was the best In Satam. I wouldn't have his voice any other way. I agree with the praise for Jim Cummings doing Robotnik. It's always been the best even with as aged as it is now. It's a novelty Robotnik for sure.

Can you feel the sunshine?

I think Shadowking summoned Tails Doll with that song.

Like I've mentioned earlier in this thread, the Tails Doll curse is way too over hyped. Not to say the creepypasta isn't good. It's a great story for Sonic Fans, especially those familiar with Sonic R.

Which is your favorite Sonic game? Tie between Adventure 2, Heroes, Rush, and Rush Adventure. I like the games with multiple characters the most. Boom would be included in this, but I still need to finish the one on Wii U.

What are your top 5 favorite Sonic games? Adventure, Adventure 2, Heroes, Rush, Rush Adventure.

Who's your favorite Sonic character? Tie between Blaze and Rouge

Who's your top 5 favorite Sonic characters? Rouge, Blaze, Amy, Tails, Shadow (No particular order)

What's your favorite Sonic song? The Sonic X opening. Does that count?

Which was your favorite Sonic cartoon? Sonic X since I don't have access to Boom on CN. The original Sonic the Hedgehog was good too, with Scratch and Grounder.

Thoughts on Sonic Boom? Really enjoying it and it's my favorite game(s) since Heroes. Really like being able to play other characters besides Sonic.

Who's your favorite Voice Actor for Sonic? I don't follow the VAs, sorry.

Who's your favorite Voice Actor for your favorite character? See above.

Who is your least favorite Sonic Character? I'm not sure I have one. Maybe Buttnick, but is that too obvious?

Who is your least favorite Sonic Voice Actor? Again, I don't follow the VAs.

When did you become a Sonic fan? Pretty much when I found my Genesis. Yea, you heard that right. I found a perfectly good, working, Genesis version 1 (White reset button!) and still have it. The Sonic games were the first and only games I ever bought for it.

What is your least favorite Sonic game? Not sure I have one. Unlike the rest of the fandom, I prefer having a game rather than not. If i had to choose, it would be 06. First of all I hate games which write themselves out of existence. So glad I researched that. Second of all because Blaze died. Sooooo glad I never bought this game.

and last...

What was your first Sonic game? Sonic&Knuckles, without the save feature. I desperately wanted to be able to save my progress, so I bought Sonic 3 to lock on with it. I have played Sonic 1 but never to completion. I always died on the underwater level. I played very little of Sonic 2. Yea, I'm old.

Yay! Another sonic fan with similar interests... well in areas. As far as cartoons go, Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog was a decent cartoon for being a nostalgic classic though I like it's older cartoon series brother Satam. As for games, I'm glad to meet someone who has at least played the original genesis games. I whole heartedly agree with you on Sonic 3, I even had it's explanation Sonic and Knuckles as a kid. Allot of people say it was a meh game but I loved it allot. So many levels to explore, so many secrets to find. It was a game that was rather big in both the game sense as well as the feeling of playing it. It felt like a epic adventure through the world of Mobius, or Earth. (Depending on how you see it)

I've completed Sonic 1 and 2 a number of occasions though completing Sonic 2 was always a bit of challenge for me no matter how much I played it. The main reason is that the second to last level of Sonic 2 'Winged Fortress' has always been the bane of my existence. The game is relatively easy otherwise.

Sonic the Hedgehog (The Original) was far more difficult in comparison. The bane for most who play Sonic 1 would be the Labyrinth Zone.

• Brohoof 1

I've always preferred Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog to Satam. I love it's cartoony nature and Sonic is written way better. He fits the world far more than Satam's Sonic.

But maybe I'm biased because Satam is just a poor man's Archie comics. <.< >.>

• Brohoof 2