Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Official Sonic the Hedgehog Thread

Adorkable

Lol Discordian, don't even get me started on Dashie's speed against Sonic's. I'm still trying to fight off the Flash people. :D

• Brohoof 1

Which is your favorite Sonic game?

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

What are your top 5 favorite Sonic games?

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic Unleashed

Some other sonic game

Who's your favorite Sonic character?

Tails

Who's your top 5 favorite Sonic characters?

Tails

Tails

Tails

Tails

Sonic

What's your favorite Sonic song?

Which was your favorite Sonic cartoon?

meh

Thoughts on Sonic Boom?

Haha guys you know that streak we're on actually making decent sonic games? Let's fuck that up and shove dumbass stereotypes on all the characters.

Who's your favorite Voice Actor for Sonic?

meh

Who's your favorite Voice Actor for your favorite character?

meh

Who is your least favorite Sonic Character?

Shadow the Edgehog

Who is your least favorite Sonic Voice Actor?

meh

When did you become a Sonic fan?

Some time around 2007

What is your least favorite Sonic game?

Sonic and the Black Knight

What was your first Sonic game?

Sonic the Hedgehog 3

I was in that stupid fandom without even knowing it and I even shipped sonic and tails without even knowing that was a thing and I was like 11 ._.

• Brohoof 1

Sonic and Rainbow Dash's speed are hard to compare. Depending on the canon you're talking about it varies.

In the games: Rainbow Dash is far faster. Gameplay-wise he's not actually very fast so that the player can keep up while playing. Even when he's at his fastest in Sonic Unleashed and Generations. Story-wise he doesn't really get any faster than that either.

In the cartoons: Sonic is a lot faster. He can travel across the world within seconds in Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. In SatAM, even without a power ring, he can make it across Robotropolis within seconds and has done so to plant bombs. In Sonic X he'll travel across mountains in the span of a few frames.

In the comics: He moves fast enough to break the dimensional barriers with power rings and chaos emeralds and has been proven to travel across the world within seconds.

People who think Rainbow Dash is faster are delusional or don't know anything about Sonic. She's fast, but not travel across the world in seconds fast.

Edit: I feel like I've posted all this before. Forgive me if I have. Rainbow Dash is my second favorite pony but...no. Just no. :lol:

OMG you're the coolest person now :3

• Brohoof 1

Lol Discordian, don't even get me started on Dashie's speed against Sonic's. I'm still trying to fight off the Flash people. :D

I don't know too much about the Flash but from what I've heard he's definitely faster than even the fastest version of Sonic.

I'm a Sonic fan, i've played Sonic Heroes, Sonic The Hedgehog 2006, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Rivals 1 and 2, Sonic Generations ,Sonic  all stars racing Transformed and i think that's about it. My favorite one is Sonic Generations. I would like to play through Sonic Colours and Sonic Lost World someday. Sega should really keep Sonic on one platform since he's all over the place. I hope that a Sonic game comes to PS4, as it has been years since Sonic Generations came out. Favourite character is Tails :)

• Brohoof 1

Which is your favorite Sonic game?

Sonic 2

What are your top 5 favorite Sonic games?

Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Sonic Advance. Sonic 2006,

Who's your favorite Sonic character?

Sonic and Shadow

Who's your top 5 favorite Sonic characters?

Sonic, Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Rouge

What's your favorite Sonic song?

City Escape

Live and Learn

Which was your favorite Sonic cartoon?

Sonic Underground....(Although i never saw one as a child. Just now watching it a little. The first one i saw was Sonic X, which i can't answer much about)

Thoughts on Sonic Boom?

Song or Game?. I don't like the US Sonic CD much,. But the new Sonic Boom game might be fun i guess. I haven't tried it yet, but would love to see how it works.

Who's your favorite Voice Actor for Sonic?

The one in Sonic Adventure games all the way ^^. Although i don't mind the others though.

Who's your favorite Voice Actor for your favorite character?

Shadow and Knuckles in Sonic Adventure games. They just sound awesome

Who is your least favorite Sonic Character?

None

Who is your least favorite Sonic Voice Actor?

None

When did you become a Sonic fan?

I didn't become one right away. The first Sonic game i tried was Sonic 3, but there was also other cool games like Worms 2 or Jazz Jackrabbit 2. It was when i tried Sonic Adventure 2 Battle on a friend's gamecube that i became an instant fan. It was so cool!

What is your least favorite Sonic game?

Sonic Rush, Sonic Generations, Sonic Unleashed (Never been a big fan of "Rush hold down button boost type of game, unless its Burnout Revenge! on Xbox 360" ^^

and last...

What was your first Sonic game?

Sonic 3 and Knuckles on PC

Edited by Trine
  • Brohoof 1

Played Sonic Generations for the umptieth time. It just gets better and better.  :D

In other news, Sonic the Hedgehog live-action/CG, soon*!  :yay:

• Brohoof 2

Hey guys, never really gotten into Sonic but I want to. Where's a good place to start?

Well I would suggest the old Sega Genesis games but the games, let alone the console a ultra rare items for those who do posses one in this day and age. The oldest I can suggest where it's still new gen would be the first two adventure games. This is what I suggest, but others may have a different suggestion or opinion on that.

• Brohoof 1

Hey guys, never really gotten into Sonic but I want to. Where's a good place to start?

The beginning is usually a good place. :P

Most of the original games in the series are available on PS3 and 360 via the Ultimate Genesis Collection which would also let you play a bunch of other Genesis games to acquaint you with the culture of the time. You'll find a lot of references in later games that tie back to these games in some way too.

If you want something more modern I'm pretty sure at least one of the Adventure games is available on one or both of those consoles. If you have a Gamecube or Wii you can also find that version of the Adventure games, as well as the other games on that system.

Sonic Generations will give you a sample of what some of the past levels were if you wanted to start with a single game.

You can find DVDs of the old Sonic cartoons if you wanted to try those as well. They're typically pretty cheap.

There's also the Archie comic that, along with the games, made Sonic popular in the first place. You can buy archive books that hold a bunch of the old comics in order off of the Archie website. It's also still running to this day if you wanted to read some newer stuff after that.

Remember that Sonic is more than just the Genesis games. Whether you like one era or not there's always another part of Sonic's history to try. Games, comics, cartoons and even an anime.

I guess that's more than what you asked for but it'll give you an idea of where to start in each branch of the Sonic franchise if you wished to branch out.

If nothing else, just pick an easily accessible game and go from there. Almost all of the games are standalonne products and don't really require knowledge of other games to get them.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know too much about the Flash but from what I've heard he's definitely faster than even the fastest version of Sonic.

But Discordian! We were getting along so well! But of course, I'm going to have to disagree with you there.  :derp:

In other news, Sonic the Hedgehog live-action/CG, soon*!  :yay:

Yes! Although we've only little info on it, wish they would hurry and release more. :huh:

It depends, really. Everyone will tell you something different. If you're wanting to go back to the beginning and start from there, Sonic 1 and on are your games. If you want to start where I personally believe Sonic began getting good, I'd recommend Sonic Adventure and on.

I'll be honest guys, I've never liked Sonic Adventure 2 all that much.

*Removes from "Friends" list*

Kidding, but I can kind of understand. I loved SA2, it could be my favorite Sonic game, but there are elements like the new Treasure Hunting mechanics and then levels with Tails in his mech I could do without so much.

• Brohoof 2

Like I said, I don't actually know anything about The Flash so I couldn't say with confidence whether he is or isn't. :P

Not sure how I feel about live action Sonic though. On one hand: More Sonic. On the other: Live action. Bleh, I hate live action. It's never looked good. Real people are ugly. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Live-action Sonic sounds like a complete disaster, much like any live action adaptations of cartoon animals

Makes me wonder why exactly a lot of places do live action movies of cartoons instead of just animating it. Could it be cheaper, perhaps?

• Brohoof 1

Probably depends. Hiring actors can't be cheap. Plus if you use any supernatural effects they tend to look cheap no matter how advanced they are. Things that are normal in anime look fake in live action. Period. It'll be no different with a live action Sonic.

• Brohoof 1

they're making a live action sonic movie? It would be better if it stayed a cartoon.

I agree, I would be more than fine with watching basically a 2.5 hour long CGI cutscene. That's how a Sonic movie should be. :huh:

• Brohoof 2

Sony better get their shit together. We don't want a childhood ruined. The good news is, Sega's been on their case lately and this kinda gives me some hope, albeit not much, unfortunately. 

Sony better get their shit together. We don't want a childhood ruined. The good news is, Sega's been on their case lately and this kinda gives me some hope, albeit not much, unfortunately. 

I don't know what makes you think that. I don't think SEGA is going to E3, which would probably mean no new Sonic title this year. That, and SEGA has switched to focusing on mobile games instead of console. The whole Sonic Boom project hurt SEGA bad financially, but they're still managing somehow.

• Brohoof 1