Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Come pre-party with us in SF on April 12th!

NeonBunny

BABScon will be my first major Pony convention, and me and my boyfriend are both super excited about this!

We've been interested in the pony scene for a while, but don't really know a whole lot of other bronies.  We have been a party of the furry scene for over a decade though.

One thing that really excites me the most about the brony/pony scene is all the music.  There's so much fan based music out there, so much of it really good too.  So much creativity, so much talent!  And all focused around a central theme!

I'm very interested in music myself.  Although I have been a dj for about 10 years, I have only just begun to attempt to make original music from scratch, so I know it isn't easy!

As a furry, we have created a space where once a month furries can come up and hear other furry dj's play music, wear fursuits (animal cosplay is a big part of the furry scene!) while dancing, drinking, and socializing.  There are so many furries out there that are big fans of MLP and the Pony scene (talking horses are anthropomorphic after all!)

We are dedicated the next edition of our furry party to BABScon, as it will be happening the next weekend.

The event is called Frolic, and it's located at a nightclub in the SOMA district called the Stud.  It is a gay bar, but don't be intimidated by that, it's the most straight friendly gay bar you'll ever find!  We love it because they are so open minded and accepting of alternative cultures and life styles.  No questioning why we dress up or like the things they do, no sexism in letting the ladies to the front of the line and in for free, no telling you that you have to dress like everyone else if you even want to step in.  Come as you are, especially with any pony gear, clothes, costumes, backpacks, etc!!!

I'll be dedicating a portion of my dj set by playing a whole bunch of pony dance songs.  I've been collecting them for a while, so will be playing the best of the best that I can find!  The other djs will be playing house music.  My bf is the VJ, and has been gathering pony footage to mix in with his video mixing along with the usual abstractions and visuals he plays!

It's a super friendly, crowd, and I hope to see some of you there.  If not, I'll be at BABScon for sure, especially at the dances!  So hopefully I get to meet as many of you as possible!

I should probably point out that Frolic is a 21+ venue, as it's a nightclub with a full liquor license.  State law, unfortunatly.  And runs from 8pm - 2am.  There is an $8 cover, but we give a half price discount for anyone in a costume, which means pony gear!

You can find more info on Frolic on our web site, by clicking this link.

NeonBunny

• Brohoof 2