S04:E20 - Leap of Faith  

217 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

That song is awesome, they actually topped the last Flimflam brothers song. It is going to be stuck in my head for a long time.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

Flim Flam Brothers songs are always so good lol :yay:

Also they're gonna play SPACE JAM?!?! Gyah! That movie was half my childhood! :wub:

The song itself was delightful, classic Flim Flam Brothers, but holy crap, I couldn't get past how miserable some of those ponies looked! :(  That was some terrifying imagery in that scene!!!  :unsure:

I missed the episode because of DST, so no review just yet. Maybe I should petition the Philippine government to observe DST to avoid missing an MLP episode during the DST times of the US. :P

Alrighty, the site's back up!!!  Well, I for one loved this episode!  Perfect in its execution and had a great message to boot (one that most if not all of our politicians should listen to).

Speaking of politics, I swear, when the Flim Flam Brothers first showed up, I thought they were about to try and sell Obamacare.  ;)  Anyways, off to write my full review on this one; definitely got a lot of good things to say about it, that's for sure.

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 3

Big Mac looks weird without his yoke 0_o and LOL Applejack LIED!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it. I didn't think a mane 6 would ever deviate from their element so obviously, of their own will.

Yeah, it thought it was kinda dull, not the worst episode, but nothing very noteworthy either. It's smack dab in the middle as far as key episodes

That was a great episode, also Doctor Hooves reference. Then the Flim and Flam brothers were great, good song. Also, Applejack approved was funny. When Granny Smith asked Big Mac if he was willing to do some apple bucking and he said: "Nope". Lol, it made me laugh. This was a great episode.

applejack_approved_by_ambris-d4ivlan.png

• Brohoof 2

Well crap. I was watching this episode outside my local library (bumming off their wi-fi), when a train went by and I missed most of the song! Although what I did hear, I liked. Much more catchy than the last song.

That was a... good episode.

I do like the theme it put up in the first place. Honesty IS the best policy, and no matter what good a lie can do, a lie is a lie. The problem doesn't come in the placebo that the tonic came from, but that the Flim-Flam brothers were achieving success without putting in actual effort to making something that would actually go as far as to truly help the general populace recover from their ailments.

I mean, the Placebo effect only goes so far.

That said, there was little outside of that truly worth noting about this episode. It was fairly straightforward and simple.

Nothing bad, but nothing amazing. I still think it was worth the time, though.

I give this episode a 7/10.

• Brohoof 1

I think this episode made me like Granny Smith even more, I always like her and pretty much the entire Apple Family but I found myself relating to her in a way I didn't expect in this episode when Applejack talked about what you can do if you believe in yourself. I have been struggling with my bad knee for over 4 years with it continuing to get worse and I have been having doubts that I can even physically handle my own job anymore with me once again having to see the doctor for what will now be the 5th knee injury that has required medical attention with my last major injury which took me out of work for 6 weeks being as recent as last November. Seeing Granny Smith bounce back like that reminded me of how I bounced back from my first knee injury which so far has been my most serious injury, I healed in half the time the doctor said I would and was the most glad I have ever been to be back to work. She was never completely the same and I am not either but to see her like that might just have been what I needed to make me feel a bit better about my situation. I am still scared and uncertain but I will find a way to get through this, I always do.

• Brohoof 2

This is probably a nit-pick but I don't like how Applejack's key is a bit coin. The other keys have some sentimental value to them but a straight bit makes it seem cheap for Applejack like she's greedy or something. She deserves a better key.

• Brohoof 6

I loved this episode, it was interesting, it had heart, nailed all the characters, had a great message, was pretty funny. It was great to see Applejack finally get a truly great episode to herself, but I wasn't too thrilled with the imagery during the song, but that's a nitpick. I feel like Josh Haber really does have a solid understanding of the characters, and this is probably his best outing this season imo.

This is probably a nit-pick but I don't like how Applejack's key is a bit coin. The other keys have some sentimental value to them but a straight bit makes it seem cheap for Applejack like she's greedy or something. She deserves a better key.

Nah, it isn't greed. It symbolizes her prowess as a salespony.

• Brohoof 3

It's a metaphor for "honest business" or something.

• Brohoof 3