Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Firefox isn't acting right on this site

Gourgeist
Go to solution Solved by Adorkable,

Every time I try to post with the quick reply on the bottom of the thread it won't let me. And it gives me a hard time trying to edit anything for my profile, signature, and so on. On top of that, if I make spaces between sentences so it's not one jumbled mess of text it turns it into a jumbled pile of text. I just got firefox not to long ago and I have adblock plus. Could that be the reason for the issues I'm experiencing?

I had that same problem a little while ago, except I couldn't bring down the notifications menu, nor the profile menu. There are two solutions. Re-install Firefox and see if that helps. Or, a site could be blocked with your Router. If you have access to your router, look into it and see if any websites are blocked in the security tab. If neither of those work, try aloowing Firefox through your firewall. If that doesn't work, try changing mlpforums.com's permissions by clicking on the globe to the left of the URL Bar, and then clicking More Information...

Edited by ~DJ Alicorn~ Bruh...

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Hey, @@Gourgeist! ^^

I asked Feld0 about this, and this is what he said to do.

Standard "check" for all browser problems: clear cache.

Poniverse.net: If that doesn't work, disable all extensions.

If that doesn't work, disable all plugins.

The idea is to strip the browser environment down to the core browser itself and nothing else, then bring things back one by one until the culprit is identified.

These things are usually caused by a bad cache or an extension or plugin screwing with the page.

Sometimes, network issues on the user's end are responsible rather than software problems.

It can take a substantial amount of back-and-forth to identify the issue, but it's *extremely* unlikely that it is on our end - what generally marks those issues is that *everyone* experiences them, not just a single user or two.

Troubleshooting really just boils down to process of elimination.

So, try all of this out, and let me know if you still have an issue afterwards. ^^

Please and thank you! ^^ (\

Edited by Adorkable
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey .

I went ahead and locked this thread, since you weren't responding. If it turns out this issue is still causing you problems, feel free to contact a staff member to unlock this thread, and we'll gladly continue working on this issue.

Thanks, and have a good one. ^^

• 5 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.