Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A very weird and creepy nightmare I had

Astral Blitzen

And dang! WAS THIS SCARY!              

I've never had a day as nightmarish and... strange before. I could have sworn it was some dream, but it was very real...and very creepy; well at least to me... It happened about a year ago, my family and I were staying at our beach house down in Florida for a week's vacation. The second day we were there, everything was off. After I had woken up and come to, I noticed that the world seemed gray and drab, kind of foggy as well. I got out of bed thinking that it'd go away in a little bit once I had become more awake. I made my way into the kitchen. It was empty, I figured that everyone must've been still been sleeping. I got myself a bowl of cereal and sat on a stool at the counter. I looked outside, the sky was white with no sun, yet light filtered into the room; this is when I realized that my drowsiness had not caused me to see the world in a foggy and gray tint, I wasn't just seeing things this was real. What the hell was going on?! I was frightened to death. In panic, I ran to the master bedroom, thinking this could not become any more horrifying, I found my grandparents in their bed awake having a conversation, while my mom and brother were on sleeping bags next to bed conversing as well.

Silence filled the room after they noticed me standing in the doorway. My grandma beckoned me in, telling me to join them. I asked them what was going as I was shaking and panting. They ignored my question as if I hadn't even said a word and my grandfather told me that we were under a tornado watch and that I should stay in here in case a tornado came. I asked again what was happening, but they didn't answer. I sat next to my mother. She asked me to let my dog in from the backyard. I nodded and made my way to the sliding door in the room onto the back porch. Then something caught my eye. In the center of the porch there was a small, white lawn table with a weather radio on top of it. I placed myself in the doorway and asked if I should bring it in (stupid question, I know). My mom said yes. Then my brother said that they left it there while they were sitting out on the porch a few hours ago. Being about ten in the morning it was still dark a few hours ago. I didn't even bother to ask them why they were out there in the dark. I made my way back outside and called for my dog to come in. The tornado sirens went off and then I heard a voice. It was an automated voice, droning and monotonous. It was coming from the weather radio. I moved closer to see what the voice was saying, " the National Weather Service in Tampa, Florida  has issued a tornado warning for... *ERR ERR ERR - beeeeeeeeeeep*", I was so scared I broke down in tears and then I looked to the sky to see that the tornado was heading straight toward me.

Edited by Astral Blitzen
  • Brohoof 2

Aw man, I hate dreams like those! I used to calm myself down by ending the dreams in my head. For instance, you could have grabbed your dog and bolted inside before the tornado hit. :) Happy thoughts!

Aw man, I hate dreams like those! I used to calm myself down by ending the dreams in my head. For instance, you could have grabbed your dog and bolted inside before the tornado hit. :) Happy thoughts!

I would've if I had any control XD