Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If You Were Able to Know When You Would Die, Would You Want to Know?

Would you?  

76 users have voted

1. 1. If you were able to know the date of your death, would you want to know?

• Yes
    • No

I'd want to know! If I have a precise timetable for getting my life together and taking care of business, I can plan a better course of action. I can do what's necessary without wasting time and I don't have to worry about kicking the bucket unexpectedly, leaving things unfinished and going out unprepared. 

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I'm not going to live very long, thanks to all my health issues. In that regard I would like to know when I would pass on, so I could do everything I wanted before it happens.

• Brohoof 2

This is a toss up for me. A part of me would want to know but the other part wouldn’t... I’d say no...maybe?

• 1 month later...

I am ok with death. Not even afraid of the time when it happens. 

People do not know it but there is this thing your brain does when you die. Its releases the most wonderful drug like euphoria and you go very peacefully. 

Some like to believe that you go somewhere. Some think you just leave and thats it. 

Me It doesn't matter however I am ok if there is nothing after. I am here for the ride. I feel lucky that I am still around after several years and I hope to be around for as long as I can. There is too many things to experience and people to meet. :D

I would want to know about the time so I can be ready. I would throw a party. invite everyone to enjoy the last hours. Unless its one where its gross and no one would want to see that. Just a simple lie down close my eyes and smile. 

Oh dear, that'd be such a terrible spoiler! I prefer not knowing, because I like life having some spontaneity.

Although, I think it would have been good for my 2007 self to know that it wasn't going to be immediate. It would have completely changed my outlook and forced me to take care of myself. That may not make sense to anyone else (why would knowing I live longer than anticipated make me take care of myself?), but it sure as heck does to me, because... To not get too into detail dark, but get straight to the point (which is still dark), I was suicidal. To know that wasn't going to happen, would be telling me that the trigger to make it happen wasn't going to happen anytime soon, and that I would have known that everything was going to be okay in the immediate future and that thus I can't give up and should take care of myself.

But... Knowing the exact date of my death would still do weird things to me, even if it had that benefit. It would be better to just be able to shout out to myself from 2017 and say "Hey, I'm still here.".

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to know, just for the sake of knowing when it all would be over. It wouldn't change much of how I act, I'd just be like "oh, well, I guess that's it then."

On the day of my death, I'd probably just ignore everyone and sleep for as long as I could. That way, maybe I could pass away during my sleep. I can't think of a better way to die than that.

well yes so i can spend the last days doing some crazy stuff  :muffins:
and also some guy could make some life threats to me and i would  be like "but u know what? i'm just dying in many years so huh  i'm sorry but u don't scare me"

• 2 months later...

Oh, good question.  Definitely no.  We all know we have a limited time; we know we're in a game where we can't see the clock, but to suddenly have the clock come into view would surely cause so much terror and anxiety.  You'd never be able relax again.  You'd just be staring at the clock going, "OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD!!!  There's another second gone!!!  Only 36 years, 4 months, 17 days, 4 hours, 2 minutes and 17 seconds left!!!!  16 seconds!!!!  15, 14, 13, 12... OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD!!!!!!!"

• Brohoof 1

I don't think I would want to know, like many of the other posts, it would be too much for the mind to handle. Me personally, I would try to find ways to prevent it, I would probably be wasting all that time trying to prevent the time from coming, or changing the outcome that I would lose track of what is truly important. 

• 7 months later...

I’m torn because if it’s something horrible and brutal I’d rather not know. If I’m gonna end up murdered or burning alive I’d rather not know. If there’s no way to prevent it from happening then knowing this knowledge will only freak me out till that day. 

If it’s health related I wouldn’t mind knowing so I can start preparing and make sure those I care about are taken care.

if it’s something like the first scenario then I’ll be too freaked out to do anything.