Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How to credit an artist for a vector I'm using to make a banner for the forum?

Adorkable
Go to solution Solved by King,

Hi! ^^"

I honestly wasn't sure as where to put this between somewhere in the art section, or site questions. It's more of a mix of both, and you'll see why once I explain it. I'm currently 90% complete in making a banner for the forums I've been working on for a little while. For the text, I'll simply credit the website I used to make it, I can't find who made a small portion of a wallpaper I'm using, and another artist who made the vector I'm using says as long as I credit him in some way, I can use it. The problem is, I don't know how to credit an artist in a banner for the forums? I mean, I can't even think of a way to do this. Help someone? ^^"

• Brohoof 1

Well, to be honest, for the banners I've made, I've just not credited them. D: There isn't really a good way of doing it without ruining the look of the banner.

Now that I think about it, there should be a feature on the banner that expands a little bar for details about the banner. You could put vector credits there, and even some other little tidbits about that banner! GET ON IT, FELD0!

Or, I suppose you could just request that they put the credits next to your name. Where it says "Banner by ~", you could ask Chaotic Discord (or whoever's in charge of banners these days) to put "Vector by whoever" next to that.

Hope this helped! :3

• Brohoof 1

This is something I've been thinking about a lot because a lot of people uses another person's background and another person's vectors in their banners, then they get all the credit.

I think the people who made the content should get credit in some way cause it kind of bugs me when people starts to praise someone for a work that took them about 10 minutes to make using other people's stuff and everyone thinks that this person made the vectors. Maybewe ccould put something where we got the name of the person who made the vector? Also, I think we need to make that box smaller.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Well, to be honest, for the banners I've made, I've just not credited them. D: There isn't really a good way of doing it without ruining the look of the banner.

Now that I think about it, there should be a feature on the banner that expands a little bar for details about the banner. You could put vector credits there, and even some other little tidbits about that banner! GET ON IT, FELD0!

Or, I suppose you could just request that they put the credits next to your name. Where it says "Banner by ~", you could ask Chaotic Discord (or whoever's in charge of banners these days) to put "Vector by whoever" next to that.

Hope this helped! :3

This is something I've been thinking about a lot because a lot of people uses another person's background and another person's vectors in their banners, then they get all the credit.

I think the people who made the content should get credit in some way cause it kind of bugs me when people starts to praise someone for a work that took them about 10 minutes to make using other people's stuff and everyone thinks that this person made the vectors. Maybewe ccould put something where we got the name of the person who made the vector? Also, I think we need to make that box smaller.

These two posts best sum up the answer for this question. Currently there is no way to credit artists of images in banners for their work that doesn't involve placing text on the banner itself, which can take away from the banners aesthetics.

The best thing I can suggest is to open a topic in the Feedback and Suggestions sub forum to suggest a way to credit artists in a similar fashion as is done with creators of each banner.

Edited by Dawn Rider
  • Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.