Banner by ~ The Wife of Hawks

Gaming Anypony know and good let's plays/Let's players?

I ADORE a good lets play! I recently discovered a very funny, and really entertaining one names phycadellicsnake

I was just wondering if anypony else watches let's plays, and if so, what are their names and what have they played?

Register now to remove this ad.
I remember I watched a let's play...But I cannot remember for the life of me what game it was of...It will come back to me eventually. Edited by CeIestia

Actually, yes, I do enjoy a good let's play series.

Most of the LPs I've seen were by a Minecrafter by the name of Direwolf20. (Warning: He plays using mods.) He's the reason I (finally) got Minecraft for myself. Have been watching him for a long time.

• Brohoof 1

Raocow, Mageknight404, ProtonJon when he actually uploads.

Those are the only ones I'm still subscribed to.

Me...

nah jk I haven't even started yet :P

But expect Yoshi's Island and pure childhood nostalgia in the near future!

But in all seriousness I've watched a few a long time ago, but I have forgotten them.

Right now I mostly follow my friends' let's plays!

There was a REALLY GOOD Killer7 LP I saw from somewhere (Not YouTube) and they also did No More Heroes...

I'll try looking them up again...

I'd say Lanipator from Team Four Star is one of my favorite Let's Players.

I haven't seen any of his newer stuff lately but his run through of amnesia was quite amusing. I think he's currently doing Rise of Nightmares or something.

Every once in awhile he does games with the rest of Team Four Star too and those always crack me right up.

http://lanipwned.blogspot.com/

I've never done a Let's Play, but I wanted everypony to know about The Yogscast (aka BlueXephous <-- don't think it's spelled like that) They do a shitload of Let's Plays on many different games, they also do mod reviews and their own cartoon-like thing, then to seal the deal I know they're ok with ponies: http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueXephos

Badges

Huge fan of Let's Plays, to the point that they make up most of what I'm suscribed to on Youtube. One of my favorites would have to be Roahmmythril, a let's playing dragon (long story) who has not only perfect run (no damage, buster only) every classic megaman boss, but has also LP'ed a Silent Hill game every halloween for the last three years, Secret of Mana, Castlevania, MMBN 1 and 2 (currently doing 3) and plans to do a Touhou game in the near future.

Then there's the combined channel of Chuggaaconroy, ProtonJon and NCS known as "TheRunawayGuys". Currently they've done Mario Party, New Super Mario Bros Wii (with guest star JoshJepson), Smash Bros Brawl Subspace and have just started Mario Party 2. On the topic of NCS and ProtonJon, they did a race with other LPers Pculll and Superjeenius to see who could beat Battletoads first. Hilarity obviously ensued.

Another good LP was one done by co-owned channel "BrainScratchComms" of Sonic 06. Yes, that Sonic 06. It must be seen to be believed.

Take your pick, I've got tons more.

Edited by PoisonClaw

• 2 weeks later...

On the topic of NCS and ProtonJon, they did a race with other LPers Pculll and Superjeenius to see who could beat Battletoads first.

That Battletoads race was hilarious.

You guys are so mainstream.

I adore Bikdiponabus' Let's Plays (especially the ones with his girlfriend, Brynnagiadrosich.) and Brynnagiadorsich's Let's Plays. They're just really great. The only Let's Players that I watch a lot.

• 8 years later...

If you like slow and laid back letsplays of random games, I guess Kurtjmac on Youtube.

If you like more advances stuff, turn to Twitch streams and watch some live speedruns!

DJ Sterf does a lot of cool gameplays. He does a lot of FNAF but he also does a lot of other games that are underrated. He’s also pretty laid back so if you can’t stand raging YouTubers then you’ll like his channel.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Paulsoaresjr is my favorite. Paul started out as one of the early Minecraft YouTubers and eventually moved to a variety of indie games. He's not really mainstream but he's got a unique personality compared to a lot of Let's Players who made it big--he's a witty middle aged father.