Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Slice of Life

Chaotix

Wick chuckled as they were guided to the town square, following behind the group with a chuckle. "I never get sick of this view." He said fondly, looking around at all the stores. "And over there on the right's my store!" He said, pointing a hoof towards a quaint looking store with a red shingled roof and a glass display window that had dozens of candles of all colors and sizes in it. "If you ever need a candle, you won't find better ones in all of Equestria... Well, okay, you might, but, it's the only candle and lantern shop in Colt's Crossing." He said, chuckling as he shuffled his hooves a bit, glancing down at them. He always hated plugging his shop to newcomers in town, but, he found it generated business, so, he didn't mind TOO much.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue was following the group, but she noticed that the tower clock's short pick is pointing at 9. "Oh no! 9 AM already!?" She said.

She hurriedly picked up 4 cup glasses of ice chunks from her backpack with her mouth, then put them to nearby bench. She closed her eye, focusing. As the light sparkles gathered around her horn, it shines. Lifting the ice chunks, and breaking them to small pile of ice, putting them back to the cup glasses. Shen she picked her bottle of water and few sachets of orange powder from her backpack, then she pours the water & the orange powder into the cup glasses. She then gives the Orange Slushie to the group.

"Here's Orange Slushies for you! I've gotta meet Fluid soon! So see ya later!" She said, sprinting off.

Electrobolt continued to wander around aimlessly through the streets of the new town as he looked around some more. *Wait a second...* he thought. *Where... Am I? Great, now I'm lost...* He began to look around to see if there was anypony that could help him find his way around the new town. Just then, he saw a group of ponies walking together, one of them being a green pony. "Maybe they can help me..." he whispered to himself as he slowly began to approach the group of ponies.

While Geneva was quite enraptured by the various items on the shelves, seemingly from all parts of Equestria, she noticed something out of the corner of her eye. Turning around, she saw a pony approaching her who looked a bit lost. She raised her ears attentively.

"thanks blue heart"

a few short minutes later...

"wow!" said zena "so who this pony?"she said timidly

green=time passing

idea colour code the post like me so we know if they are talking to someone or inside thier head

e.g

talking=red

thinking=cyan

timepassing=green

description=black/automatic

.ect

we got over 40 colour so its easy to colour code most things

Edited by little dashie

LightningWing saw a group of ponies near the Town Square, and started walking towards them. He saw a few ponies he'd never seen. He wondered why there were so many new ponies in one day.

As he reached the group, Electrobolt looked at them all before looking slightly towards the ground. "Um... He--- Hello..." he spoke, a slight tone of nervousness being noticeable. His previous calmness had left him as he proceeded to say, "I... I'm kind of... Well... Lost..." He then closed his eyes as he thought, *So much for being calm and collected...*

"urmm....hello..."said zena talking to the pony aproching the group"maby a new friend?" she thought to herself.

(Was that directed at me or Electrobolt?)

The wind blew, and LightningWing wondered what time it was.

Edited by LightningWing

zena then noticed another pony approching the other side of the group she decied to ignore the pony until she was equainted with the pony approching her side ( directed to lightningwing) "hello,im...ze...zena" she raised her voice a little

"what's your name?" she said anxious to make friends but to shy to directly ask

p.s switching to ipod now and i dont know how to do colour on it so don't grill me for bieng biast plz :P

Edited by little dashie

(... okay, I really reeeally really don't mean to be picky here, but should we set a minimum post length? I'm just finding some of the shorter replies a little hard to work off of. It doesn't have to be really high or anything, maybe like.. three sentences? It's not very hard to type that much, so... yes, no? ;w;)

Easel perked at Zena's question, turning to her with a wide grin. "I was hoping somepony'd ask that~!" She reared up into her hind legs, gesturing up at the grand effigy with her front. "This, my friends, is a statue of the very founder of Colt's Crossing himself, a magnificent stallion known as Winter Wind." she recited, as if she'd memorized the story by heart, "He explored the northern mountain ranges of Equestria during the age of the pioneers. He paved the way for other settlers, and even helped to build this town with his own hooves!" Dropping back down, she put on a serious expression, facing the group dramatically. "He was one of the strongest, bravest ponies in the history of Equestria... until the mysterious day when he disappeared on one of his ventures to the tallest peaks of the Shivering Mountains, never to be seen again by pony eyes." She held her face a moment more, then burst into another grin. "You can read the whole story in the library, if you like~ It's quite the tale!"

Finished with her story, she blinked, looking from side to side at the fruity beverages distributed among them. "Did Blue run off again? I must've missed it..." she sighed, shrugging, "Oh well, come on everypony, there's a lot more to see~" She turned, about to trot off, but stops as she noticed the additional ponies haltingly approaching their posse. "Oh cheese, there's more? I've never seen so many new ponies in just one day~" she laughed, nodding kindly at them in greeting, "Again, welcome to Colt's Crossing, my name's Easel, and we're having a little tour around the town right now. You can come along if you want, and when we're all done, I can help anypony that needs directions!" She began to trot off again, flicking her short tail. "Come on, come on! I should've been a tour pony a long time ago~" she giggled, motioning for them to follow.

Edited by Easel

Upon being welcomed by the green pony, Electrobolt said, "Thank you... And a tour? Sounds good to me." Soon, a small smile began to appear on his face again as he followed the group. He then realized he didn't introduce himself. "Oh yeah," he began, still following. "My name's Electrobolt. Nice to meet you all."

(I support that notion :S)

"N-Nice to meet you, Electrobolt," said Summer politely as he filed into the ever-growing group. Wow, what a crowd! How is it even possible that we all came here at the same time? Realizing that she hadn't introduced herself, she quickly added, "And my name is Summer Sunrise, but you can call me Summer." She awkwardly fell silent, not sure what else there was to say.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw another pony approaching. Wow, so many!

(Yeah, a minimum-length limit might be a good idea...)

"Nice to meet you too, Summer," responded Electrobolt as he continued to smile. He looked around again as they continued on their tour, looking at everypony that's in the small group. Once more, he was calm and felt comfortable being around this group of ponies. *Maybe...* he thought. *Maybe life here will be nice after all!* He then continued to take in the surroundings while moving along.

Edited by Electrobolt

Wick blinked, watching as the throng of ponies trailing behind this (surprisingly knowledgeable) earth pony grew and grew, new ponies arriving by the minute.

"Um, I know I don't get outside all that much, but, is there something going on today? I haven't seen this many ponies from out of town in... Well, I never have, I don't think." He whispered over into Easel's ear. "Oh, and, the story of Winter Wind... I just love it, you know? The way he wrestled a bear to the ground with nothing but his hooves and then it let him stay in his cave for the night out of respect." He laughed loudly at the thought, pausing at the outburst and smiling sheepishly.

Coughing to regain his composure, he smiled. "So, are you the official town welcomer now? I don't remember there being one when I got here a few years ago." He joked with a grin.

(Watch the OOC only posts, guys. O:

And Dashie, the color coding is an interesting idea, but it's usually not too hard if you look at a paragraph to decipher it. Speech is enclosed in quotes, italics are generally recognized as a character's thoughts, etc etc. I don't personally like filling my paragraphs with colors, but that's just me. )

Easel turned her head as Candle Wick came up beside her, tilting her ear his way. "Oh, I know! There's never been so many as long as I've been here... at least in a single day." she replied, shrugging, "It's nice though, if not strange. Maybe the mayor might know something about it..." She giggled at his relation of their town's hero, nodding enthusiastically, "I've read that book so many times...~ It's one of my favorite stories, really. Who doesn't love adventure tales?"

Smiling at his joke, she glanced back at the group and shrugged again. "Well, I certainly don't mind helping out. They're all nice ponies~" She stopped her trot, halting the group in front of a large, official looking building. "Okay everypony, this is Town Hall! If anypony has any official business they need to do, you should go inside and talk with Mayor Bustle." she declared, "He can help you with anything you need, and get you set up with any jobs you came here to do." She led them up the steps and into the main room of the hall, where important looking ponies were hard at work. "The mayor's office is in the back, but make sure you knock before going in~" she nodded, gesturing at a fine set of doors at the far end of the room.

(I suppose the mayor can be an NPC or something? Like, anyone can use him as long as they stay "in character" for him? I see him as sort of this pompous, grand pony, with a little monocle and all. XD Just for amusement.)

"ok i stop here"said zena"if any pony is wondering im the new weatherpony"she then wait's for the group to leave before knocking on the door of the mayor's office

'knock''knock'

she tapped on the door gently not to damage the beautifully pristine woodwork of the door

the may shouted with a confident voice "come in!"

zena trotted in "hello im zena im here as the new weatherpony" she said"i was told i was going to get a tempary housing until i may pay for my own?"

OOC-maby some pony could double as the mayor?

Edited by little dashie

(I'm not so good at controlling NPC characters, so yeah... Also, for my character's thoughts, I use asterisks instead of quotation marks, along with italics :P Just saying...)

*So this is Town Hall...* Electrobolt thought, looking at the grand building. His mind began swarming with thoughts as he walked into the building. *I wonder what the mayor is like...* He then looked back to his saddlebag as he wondered, *And do I have enough bits to afford a place to stay...?*

((I can do the mayor for now.))

Wick nodded happily at Easel, smiling as he said, "Oh, yeah... Adventures are definitely some of my favorites, although, a mystery is good every once in a while, too. Daring Do and Sherlock Hooves share equal space on my shelves." He chuckled and followed the group inside to look around the building. He'd been here a few times before, mostly for permits to open his shop, but he really enjoyed the atmosphere. It was very... Bureaucratic. 'You know, if that's comforting to me, I think I might have a problem...' He thought to himself with a shrug.

In the back, the mayor sat behind his desk, a pile of paperwork on either side of him. Peeking between the towers of forms, he smiled lightly, his monocle glinting, and mustache bouncing as he spoke up, "Ah, Ms. Darkspire, correct? Well, welcome to Colt's crossing, We've got your living accommodations all set up for you, and are glad you accepted our offer. With winter coming so soon around the corner, we'll definitely be needing your services as a weather-pony." Walking out from behind his desk to reveal his grey coat and black mane he looked rather posh. "The key to your home should be around here somewhere..." He glanced around, noticing it on the edge of his deck and smiling as he picked it up between his teeth and tossed it to here. "The address for your house is on the back of the key... Shouldn't be too hard to find, just ask around, really. People are quite friendly here, I promise!" He laughed loudly, shaking his head before taking his place back behind his deck. "I hope you don't mind me cutting this a bit short... Lots of paperwork..." He motioned to the piles on his desk, and he sighed. "And once again, welcome to Colt's Crossing!"

Edited by CandleWick

"thanks" said zena as she walked out of the office she bumped into anotherpony

"im so...sorry" zena apologised

she then rushed out of the building and took flight she cought sight of the group then swooped down "hello again ive finished bussiness with the mayor and confirmed im here to stay so did i miss anything interesting or important?"she said hoping that he hadnt she then thought back to the otherpony"hurmm maby she's new ill ask a bit later" she thought to herself

Edited by little dashie

Summer, meanwhile, wandered off in search for a map of Colt's Crossing. That was pretty light-headed of me, forgetting to get a map of the place where I'm staying. I don't even know where the the house Doc set up for me is supposed ta be. She wandered around aimlessly, looking around for the street signs, but trotting away disappointed at reading each one. I can't even find the street...

As she continued looking, the few bits that she had brought along with her jingled in their pouch, reminding her of their existence. Okay, enough walking around. Let's go get a map. Although she had no clue where she even was anymore, she was sure she'd be able to find a map vendor eventually.

Electrobolt looked up when he heard a voice calling out, seeing that it was the pegasus that had gone to see the mayor about the weatherpony job. He then slowly approached her as he asked, "Hey... Um... What's the mayor like...?" A slight hint of nervousness could be noticed in his voice as he asked the question.

Easel turned about as the other ponies finished looking around, calling those that remained over when they were done. "Okay, is everypony ready to go? There's still lots to see, heehee!" she whinnied, nudging them eagerly out the door. Once outside, she took the lead again, trotting briskly back towards the main square. "We can go to the houses now, if you'd all like. I bet some've you came a long way! Equestria is really pretty big, after all... " she babbled a bit as she led them down a broad street lined with pleasant looking houses and cottages. "Aaanyway, here's where you'll be living.. at least I think." she paused, turning around, "Does anybody need help now? I know the town like the back of my hoof, if you didn't figure that out already, heheh...~"

(Um... Considering my character hasn't spoken to the mayor, at least in the sense of posting, would you rather say he already talked, or have him talk to the mayor in an actual post? Just wondering)

Electrobolt looked at all the houses on the street they were on right now and was amazed at how nice they all looked on the outside. *Yeah... I think I'll like it here!* he thought as he continued to look at the houses. When asked if any of them needed any help, he began to say something before his stomach grumbled at him. His face turned red as he chuckled out of embarrassment. "Eheheh... Um... Yeah... Where can I find something to eat here...?" he finally asked, still embarrassed.