Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sparity Fan Club

Megas

(edited)

Since people are making fan clubs for pairings now, I figured "why not make one for one of the fandom's first pairs?"

Sooooo, yeah here you go.

rarity_and_spike___in_his_dreams____by_a

I swear, Inspiration Manifestation better be an awesome episode  :okiedokielokie:. If it's not, puppies will be kicked

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 6

Since people are making fan clubs for pairings now, I figured "why not make one for one of the fandom's first pairs?"

Sooooo, yeah here you go.

img-2480114-1-rarity_and_spike___in_his_

I swear, Inspiration Manifestation better be an awesome episode  :okiedokielokie:. If it's not, puppies will be kicked

Whew! For a second I thought that pic was rule 34!

• 2 months later...

Oooookay...

I like to talk a lot about how and why this shipping is my OTP and why it's a good shipping (especially with an older Spike), but since I want to avoid another wall of text about that (at least for now), I'll just leave some art here.

558494__safe_rarity_shipping_spike_blush

(And to make it clear: I also like Sparity as just being the friendship between the two of them.)

• Brohoof 6

• 1 month later...

I don't care for the Rarity ships involving another of mane 6, simply because they've already established her to be hetero, on account of her crushes.  (Prince Blue Blood and Trenderhoof.)  Nothing wrong with gay, but I just can't picture it since it's canon that Rarity is hetero.  With the other five, it's anypony's guess.

But Sparity makes sense.  And a cross-species ship is kinda cool, anyway.  And earlier today, it kind of occurred to me: there could, hypothetically, be a similarity between Sparity and Padme and Anakin.  Okay, maybe that's a stretch, but we're talking about shipping cartoon ponies.  You gotta use your imagination.  But think about it--Spike has a crush on Rarity, but he's too young atm for her to return his affections, like Anakin.  Imagine a spin-off movie, or even a later season, hypothetically, where Spike is older.  Maybe he's been away for awhile, with other dragons, and he returns, not a baby anymore.  Rarirty would see him, and BAM, Attack of the Clones.  That might be pretty awesome.  I'm not suggesting that Spike would turn evil, like Anakin, although that might be interesting as well.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...