Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Help?

LittlestPetDJPinkie
Go to solution Solved by Creamy Arty,

Hi there, @LittlestPetDJPinkie. :) Welcome to the site! 

I moved your topic from Welcoming Plaza to Site Questions & Tech Support, as the latter is the best place to post questions about this site.

To answer your question, you can add youtube videos to forum posts, your profile, and blog posts using the media tag. Example:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xrwWR4gV7w[/media]

You would not include the code tags. I include those here to prevent the youtube video from actually being embedded as opposed to showing the code.

That's cool that you're starting up a blog. If you need further help with that in general, I recommend reading this FAQ entry.

• Brohoof 1

Thank you! :)

Now, how do I embed the video if I do want to?

You would do so using the media tags.

[media] insert youtube video link here [/media]
  • Brohoof 1

A lot of times, you can just copy and paste the video's URL and it will automatically convert. I've personally never used the [media] tag, so I would recommend seeing which works best for you. Hope this helps! ^^ (\

• Brohoof 1

There. Did it embed it directly? :huh:

[media]

[/media}

You put a brace } instead of a bracket ] on the last tag. If you fixed that, it would embed properly.

There. Did it embed it directly? :huh:

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=DLTZctTG6cE[/media}

Nope, because you used a brace. However, Adorkable has the right idea. Many videos will embed if you simply drop the URL. However, it doesn't always work.

What does always work, from my experience, is grabbing the "share" URL from the video and simply pasting it into your post. That's all it takes.

post-6104-0-42120500-1396569811_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

What does always work, from my experience, is grabbing the "share" URL from the video and simply pasting it into your post. That's all it takes.

The 'share' URL is just a shortened version of the URL in your URL bar, so the one you had in the first place works just fine.

The 'share' URL is just a shortened version of the URL in your URL bar, so the one you had in the first place works just fine.

Most of the time, but there have been rare occasions where using the regular URL has done nothing for me but provide a link whereas the share URL of the same video embedded. They may be the same as far as Youtube is concerned, but for some reason IPB has a problem with the full URL once in a blue moon.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.