S04:E21 - Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3  

329 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

A relatable episode with a nice moral while developing rainbows character and arc, however it felt a bit dragged to me at some points. The best part, by far, was pinkies song and rapping, it was just...amazing, I loved it so much:love:. The interactions were nice, funny and felt pleasant. 8\10, would have like to give it more duo to pinkie however...

I study better and I'm more focused while listening to music, so I'm with pinkie on this one.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I loved this one. Amazing episode with a very good and important morale. It had also a lot of fun moments :squee: One of the most memorable episode of MLP for me!

The best moment could be really Pinkie's Rap :) but it had some so .. sorting is once again hard for me.

On 2021-04-01 at 11:13 AM, abrony-mouse said:

love this episode :) relatable and fun. The Dash in this ep is one of the best Dash's.

Also it has Pinkie rapping :P

I agree with you, once again^^

It was a fun episode. Not one of my favorites, but it's a pretty good episode. I do squee at a Firefly shout out because that was actually a reference to G1. Also, Flutterlestia and Nightmare Rarity was super adorable. Though, that Pinkie Pie Run DMC rap was freaking golden, and I love it!

• 4 weeks later...

Perfect episode in my books. RD's friends really care for her for sure, I enjoyed Pinkie's rap and I enjoyed each of their learning styles. It flowed together perfectly. 10/10!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

I think this episode is a hyper exaggeration of what it's like to deal with attention deficit but it puts an emphasis on how it's primarily a psychological issue more so than a physical one. Rainbow isnt dumb as we already know, she just has selective priorities and she is simplistic and hyper fixates on these things. She is a natural athlete, not an uncontrollable loose canon fidgeter, shes just distractible and an air head. I always correlate tank being a turtle in multiple ways with like even possibly a psych metaphor for her like I did with Sloth in FMA lol.. she's kind of on a different wave length than others, and she has to see things from a different angle to understand them. She likes to "chill", she can be aloof and self interested, she can be self divulged, but she is NOTHING like Pinkie Pie lol...

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed how RD's friends helped her learn, and the CMC's cameo in the episode were really cute. How RD picks up on information is really interesting. Her easily distractible personality is something I personally relate with. The scene where RD is dancing around on the chair is cute and funny. Twilight's antics are quite funny as well.

I thought it would have been cool if they would have turned it into some kind of competition and seen if that could help her, because when you say "Rainbow Dashes way" that's what you think of, because "the only thing she loves more than flying, IS WINNING."

Well well well, turns out the jokes was indeed a secret genius all along, but that the regular schooling system didn't work out for her, and so she needed to learn a new way to learn. It's a interesting way of looking at Rainbow Dash's character, and any episode that makes me love her even more than I do is a great episode for me. This is the perfect exemple of how Twilight can help her friends overcoming their flaws, by finding new and intersting way of turning them into strenght with the right approach.

Rainbow Dash needs to pass an written exam to get into the Wonderbolt, but instead of asking about math, communication, flying science or aerial formations, it's about their own history. That's kind of lame, I would've like to know what the Wonderbolt *actually* do on a day to day basic. But I guess we'll have to do with this and that pony that did whatever they did, I forgot. Guess I should've studied harder than Dashies.

Everyone trying to help Dash with their own style and 2 cents was pretty enterntaining, so was the Pinkie Rap.

7+1/10, extra bonus point for my little favorite pegasus. :wub: