Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Kony 2012 Exposed

Lady Rarity Pony

So, to summarise, the Kony 2012 campaign exaggerates the size, strength and crimes of the LRA, as well as encouraging US military intervention supporting African governments who themselves commit egregious human rights abuses, yet they do little to raise awareness about said government actions, is that right?

• Brohoof 3

...I looked back at the video. Now I feel like an idiot. Though, I have seen other videos that involve this that do kinda bash U.S. citizens so that may be another reason why I acted like that.

Fair enough ^^

BS or not... I don't give a buck

It's taken us years to realize Africa is still there and has been needing help for longer than we've all been alive.

I'm not jumping into this whole Kony bandwagon, frankly, because it offends me. Africa is a massive land mass full of culture, people, and awesomeness. And it's taken a mad-man murderous pedophile psychopath to get people to even mention Africa. I'm sure half of these supporters don't even know what or where a Uganda is.

Face it, there are miles and miles of uninhabited desert that any country could seriously enjoy having a military base there--Think of the location of the Sahara Desert, now think of the locations of the other continents, now think of the location of all that middle-east crap that's been going on, now think back to the location of the Sahara Desert. What has been stopping any world leader from claiming this land? With the advances in technology right now, any number of countries could find ways of transporting food and water for a number of soldiers and scientists in the middle of the desert...Hook up some solar panels and be set for life in a day! That land hasn't gone anywhere. It's still there, it's always been there. Empty, and dying. There are even sections where not even desert life can live anymore! All you'd need is a friendship with Africa's countries; which I suppose is the reason why noone has even tried to utilize all Africa has to offer.

How would one go about befriending Africa? Fixing there poverty. That costs money. And we're all greedy selfish pigs who would rather let millions die (Regardless of any Kony interaction.) It seems to me that we would rather let little children die really slow slow and immensely painful starvation and water impurity deaths over their entire life, living with the pains; than let them die quick, become soldiers, or get raped until they die. Either way, killing them in a month or so. Is a whole life of suffering really better than a relatively fast death? It may sound evil of me, it even sounds evil to me, but Kony doesn't seem too bad if you over-analyze the situation. Sure he's a criminal and mass murderer, but he's getting Africa noticed.

I'd like to imagine that this whole Kony thing will start a quick war, devastate already dying land, and leave many wounded; all over the period of a few weeks. Why is this a good thing? Two words: Care. Packages. If you can recall, every disaster, and every war, has many activists sending care-packages to the victims. Granted, often times it's not enough; but it still helps. Where are the African care packages? Their government has been hoarding them because of silly loopholes and all-around meanness. But, if this becomes an international issue, they would be forced to provide aid for their country. Now if bunches of trees are destroyed, look at all those (for lack of a better term) tree-huggers who are now P.O'ed...They will want to replace them, correct? The life was already dying due to lack of care earlier--it was bound to die sooner or later anyway. Now it's all coming back, brand new. New trees. New life.

Africa, regardless of Kony or their corrupt government, needs help. Yes, Kony may be a bad man; but it offends me that it took a man like him to finally get people to look at what a beautiful country Africa is, and could be. If it takes a war to save Africa, so be it.

Or at least, those are my pathetic excuses for thoughts; and I am ready for all the trolling I'm about to receive.

My friends and I at school have been saying this from go. A particularly honorable mention to my boy Mr. Wobbels who totally knew more about how much of a scam it was as compared to everyone else and has been voicing it from the very beginning!

I do admit, KONY 2012 is a great piece of propaganda.

I did know some of the facts in the video. But that does not mean that it is less wrong by Kony that he is kidnapping children to fight for him, against their own will.

Typical... So now a black guy creates an army of children everybody's up in arms.

Double standards.

If anyone is truly interested in people creating armies of children to fight in dangerous wars, may I direct you to another target that seems to have been forgotten recently.. http://goo.gl/KYRFP

This is why I don't support this kind of shit from the beginning.

Agreed.

Honestly if people just pour support into something they didn't even take the time to research, do they expect it to be legit 100% of the time!?

When I heard of Kony I though nothing different. That continent is being raped and mamed by power hungry millitias, governments, dictators, terrorists, and the like, so Kony wasn't really news to me. Its sad how Africa, the birthplace of humans where we first started and then wanderd out into further territory, is collapsing at the hand of the people it birthed.

And yet I sit here and do nothing behind a laptop. Which I'll probably continue to do.

Thank Neptune more people are starting to wise up about this. I think the thing that makes me the most angry is the fact that the peope who post this bullshit don't give a crap about people in the first place. They never donate to anything, volunteer, or at least stand up for others. Look, I'm perfectly fine if you do none of these things. Just be honest about it. I cannot stand it when somebody tries to portray themselves as this deep, caring person because they posted or liked a Youtube video on Facebook.

• Brohoof 1

I thought this was nonsense from the start. Honestly, Kony's been around since 2006, and NOW we suddenly give a shit? All because some hipster put together a T.ooL.ong;D.idn'tW.atch video that suddenly opened other's eyes, and STILL got it wrong? I fugured it would.

This KONY bull is ALL over my school, I'm getting sick of it. This whole thing is mainly just a bunch of hipsters acting like they care, but really just want to join the "latest trend". Plus, this stuff happened in AFRICA! NOT NORTH AMERICA! Why has America suddenly been getting into things they don't NEED to? It's getting real annoying. But hey, things like these only get me more and more into politics.

Sorry for the little rant that had little to do with the exposed Kony thing, but I just wanted to share my opinion on the wholde "Kony" things. I wish we could all move from this scam, but alas, this is America we're talking about. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png