Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Is the Playstation 4 dying? Sony messed up?

Celestial Wish

(edited)

Ok, from my general knowledge from working in the gaming industry, just from sales I can see that Sony is biting it pretty hard right now. 

I'm actually a Sony supporter and am deeply disappointed with how they released the next-gen console with almost NO exclusives to keep the supporters going. I had even set aside enough finances to purchase the console but changed my mind due to the lack of games. 

Right now, Microsoft's XBOX ONE is rocking it hard, especially with the release of Titanfall.

How in the world is Sony going to be able to recover from this catastrophe. It doesn't help that one of their exclusives (Driveclub) had been CANCELLED/severely delayed due to in-game errors.

As gamers, we do appreciate when companies take quality into consideration, but when there's HARDLY any games to go on as is.... this is seriously a predicament for the Playstation 4...

What is going to happen? D:

Edited by Celestial Wish

(edited)

What are you talking about? It's doing the best compared to it's competitors. The only place I can see it struggling is in Japan(surprisingly enough)

And I don't think Titanfall is pushing Xbone consoles like everyone thinks considering it's also on PC and soon the 360

Edited by Randy Marsh
  • Brohoof 2

I'd say the're doing good, I mean Sony raised the price of them by $50 here in Canada, so they must be selling good.

Everyone i know that has Titanfall, has it on PC. Not a single one of my Xbox friends play Titanfall on Xbox.

What are you talking about? It's doing the best compared to it's competitors. The only place I can see it struggling is in Japan(surprisingly enough)

And I don't think Titanfall is pushing Xbone consoles like everyone thinks considering it's also on PC and soon the 360

Titanfall actually came out on the 25th of March for 360 and March 11th for Xbone and PC.

• Brohoof 1

As someone waiting for the Wii U to make its mark with Smash Bros 4 and Mario Kart 8, looks to me like software is indeed holding the PS4 back from reaching its hype. But I wouldn't count it out quite yet. It's best to be patient and let those system sellers develop a little more until they're ready to be released to world.

At this point, it looks like the PS4 still holds the lead in terms of home consoles, but only time will tell how long that lead lasts.

• Brohoof 3

I have a Playstation 4 and I'm loving it! I don't think the Playstation 4 is dying, they've sold over 6 million units worldwide while the Xbox One sold 4 million. Playstation 4's have been out of stock worldwide due to the fact so many people want to buy it. I don't mean to say bad stuff about the Xbox One but i honestly think the only reason why people bought the Xbox One was because of Titanfall. 

Speaking about games, inFAMOUS Second Son(which was really fun by the way) doubled the sales of the of the PS4 and surpassing the sales of Titanfall. Over 1,000 developers are licensed to self-publish on PlayStation 4 according to Sony, thats a lot of developers ready, eager, and willing to bring their content to the PS4. The PS4 exclusives are a little weak right now but Sony always made great games, we just need to be patient. 

I would say that Sony and the PS4 are sitting at a comfortable position right now and they have plenty more awesome things to announce later this year like at E3.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Perhaps its in our jurisdiction then. Our sales for the PlayStation 4 have dropped drastically and in our district, it's been pretty tough. I'm glad it's prospering outside of our business zone then. We've also had a variety of customers complain about them all the time. So it was a little discouraging XD

Edited by Celestial Wish

I'd say that it's more so consumers waking up and realizing how bad these consoles are, and moving onto the PC. Some of my friends, who are staunch Sony supporters, want to switch over to the PC, with one of them telling me that it really is the "better" way of gaming (and before this he was pretty sold on the PS4, acknowledging that the PC is a legitimate way of gaming but wishing to stick to the PS4). One skipped out on the PS4 and already has a build, even.

The PS4 and the Xbox One are the first consoles with worse hardware than what is currently out there on the PC market (they're worse than budget mid-ranged parts, like the $150 GTX 750 Ti ffs), and right now they just have mediocre exclusives and a bunch of lies and buzzwords backing them up. Eventually people are going to realize that there is a much better alternative already out there.

I don't think the PS4 is in a bad position. Then again, i haven't been paying attention to gaming news recently, but some of the posts here gave me good hopes

And i'll be honest here. I was never interested in Titanfall. It doesn't really bring anything new to the table if you ask me. How it got so much hype is beyond me.

And i highly doubt Titanfall alone can push XBox One's sales. Not when appearently over 1,000 developers are ready to make games for the PS4.

I have a Playstation 4 and I'm loving it! I don't think the Playstation 4 is dying, they've sold over 6 million units worldwide while the Xbox One sold 4 million. Playstation 4's have been out of stock worldwide due to the fact so many people want to buy it. I don't mean to say bad stuff about the Xbox One but i honestly think the only reason why people bought the Xbox One was because of Titanfall. 

Speaking about games, inFAMOUS Second Son(which was really fun by the way) doubled the sales of the of the PS4 and surpassing the sales of Titanfall. Over 1,000 developers are licensed to self-publish on PlayStation 4 according to Sony, thats a lot of developers ready, eager, and willing to bring their content to the PS4. The PS4 exclusives are a little weak right now but Sony always made great games, we just need to be patient. 

I would say that Sony and the PS4 are sitting at a comfortable position right now and they have plenty more awesome things to announce later this year like at E3.

Do you have any idea how happy i am thanks to your post? :D
  • Brohoof 1

Perhaps its in our jurisdiction then. Our sales for the PlayStation 4 have dropped drastically and in our district, it's been pretty tough. I'm glad it's prospering outside of our business zone then. We've also had a variety of customers complain about them all the time. So it was a little discouraging XD

Well that's what happens when people are too impatient to wait on PS4 exclusives. Do you really want PS4 games that's plagued with problems such as bugs and glitches? Not to mention the uncontrollable lagging? Nope. It's best to wait and see, so I'm sure PS4 sales are still very high, compared to the Xbone's sales. And Titanfall? Well, it's getting sales, mainly for the PC. :P

The PS4 is far from dying, my friend. Not only did their exclusive game Infamous: Second Son sell more than Titanfall sold, but the PS4 sold more units than the Xbox One. So, it's not on its last leg.

Is it true that you cannot play PS3 games on PS4? If the answer is yes then I would say that PS4 won't live long.

If you sold your PS3 in an attempt to play PS3 games on your PS4, then unfortunately, that's your fault, not theirs.

I think the Playstation 4 is doing fine, actually. 

While I do believe PC gaming is the better way to go, I also believe that owning a Console isn't a bad thing, nor does it make you a "peasant". Also, exclusives. (Kingdom Hearts, Infamous: Second Son, ect.)

So yes. I think the PS4 will be around for a while. ^_^

I wouldnt call the ps4 dying, just has a horribly weak release line up. Titanfall maybe good for xbox, but Infamous Second Son was a great exclusive for ps4 and there's more to come. Cant count ps4 in the same basket as Atari Jaguar or Sega Dreamcast yet

If you sold your PS3 in an attempt to play PS3 games on your PS4, then unfortunately, that's your fault, not theirs.

I don't own any consoles. They are just greedy bastards that hunger for money. Instead of one console, you need 2 consoles.

(edited)

I think the Playstation 4 is doing fine, actually. 

While I do believe PC gaming is the better way to go, I also believe that owning a Console isn't a bad thing, nor does it make you a "peasant". Also, exclusives. (Kingdom Hearts, Infamous: Second Son, ect.)

So yes. I think the PS4 will be around for a while. ^_^

Sadly, there's laptops who are wholly inferior when it comes to PC gaming. Desktops are a good way to go, yes, but they are quite pricey in my honest opinion.  :unsure:

Edited by Jon the Bronynerd

The last time I checked the Playstation 4 was doing just fine. Quite good, in fact.

I plan on buying one around the time Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out.

Is it true that you cannot play PS3 games on PS4? If the answer is yes then I would say that PS4 won't live long.

You can't, at least not natively. afaik Sony is working on a streaming solution for backwards compatibility, but that means you'll have to pay for your games again.

I honestly have not paid much attention. I really, REALLY want the ps4, but for how broke I am and my family is, we won't ever be able to afford one in years. 

Anyways, I thought the ps4 was pretty popular o,o I always hear people talking about it and wanting one or getting one. I dunno. I have no really seen much games that interest me anyways on the ps4. At least not yet.

The only reason I don't have a PS4 is due to its lack of backward compatibility (I really don't want to pay for my old games again), combined with the price of games for it in Australia (Knack is $95!) If it weren't for those faults I'd have one.

You REALLY need to get up to date.

Titanfall just boosted Xbone, X360 and PC. Not JUST Xbone.

Last time I checked, not too long ago, PS4 set the record for the most units sold and the biggest launch party. PS4 has been beating Xbone hard. The biggest comeback Xbone made was Titanfall, but like I said, it stretched to PC and X360. PS4 has already great exclusives, like Infamous: Second Son. It sold so many copies in such short time.

• Brohoof 1