Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would make you quit FIM?

Dattebayo

As the title says...

What would make you straight up, all together, abandon-in-a-dumpster, quit watching FIM? The mane 6 turning into alicorns? That a$$hole Flash Sentry being canon? Your waifu being stolen by some new addition to the show? Maybe a new member to the mane 6?

Discuss!

• Brohoof 3

Them reaching character conclusion with one character while the others have a long way to go. Would just make for a awkward watch seeing one character reach their ultimate conclusion, and the end of their major growth, only to have 5 other members who are half way along the journey.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'll quit watching MLP when the DWM people are the majority of the fandom. That is also the threshold for me becoming a serial killer.

To each their own, but what's wrong with Divorced White Males? ;o Edited by Dattebayo
  • Brohoof 3

1. RainbowDash never changes her attitude.

2. The fandom dies down dramatically.

• Brohoof 2

I got a great one.

The day Hasbro starts pulling down art from sites like deviant art.

I think the only way that I would quit watching FIM is if they stop producing the show.

Very admirable.

I wish I could say the same, I really could...

It's very difficult to make me quit watching the show. I watched to their ends such series like Lost or Stargate even after they become a total crap in my opinion. So if I leave MLP this will mean that it became a real disaster.

Of course I can leave the fandom anytime, but this also doesn't mean that I also will stop to watch show or draw ponies. I just don't need fandom to this, I do all of this mainly for myself anyway.

-The Mane 6 becoming alicorns

-FlashLight becoming canon

-Cadance and Luna killed off

-Generally, anything that happens in the show or fandom that doesn't cater to my best interests.

I could pretty much quit the fandom within a snap of my fingers, but so far nothing has happened to threaten that, so Hasbro, you best watch yourself.

• Brohoof 2

The only thing that would kill the show for me is if the quality degraded to the point that, like old and new SpongeBob, it would look like two different shows. This would be a side effect of either new writers, the show running too long, or Hasbro's commercial influence taking over too much of the creative process.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm always the type to like seeing characters and stories change. Where most people would scorn a show or game series where they change things drastically, I welcome it. I'm not one to care about "consistency" or anything of the sort.

The only thing that could make me stop watching FiM is for it to end. At which point I'll buy all the seasons on DVD and the movies and watch it whenever the hell I want like I've done with Spongebob for 5+ years since I haven't had cable in so long.

Spongebob also being a great example of something that made a lot of changes mid-series and the world hating them for it...yet I welcome (most of) the changes.

Rarity marries Tom and they have several children?

</Friendship is Magic>

Probably if one of the mane 6's VAs quit and instead of getting a new actor, they created a new character to replace her, or just straight-up left her out.

This happens in TV a lot, actually. Particularly with long-running shows. Contracts end, people quit, problems happen on set...though this is more true for live action stuff since it's harder to find an exact look-a-like than it is to find a voice actor who sounds exactly the same, or close enough to that it doesn't make much of a difference.

If any of the (main) voice actors stopped being on the show for any reason they'd probably just find a new voice actor. There are a lot of amazing impersonators out there who could use that job to break into the industry.

- A human enters in the show

Technically this already happened but according to the world's rules humans turn into ponies when they enter the world so I don't think you'll ever see a human and a pony in the same screenshot.

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Humans.... I'm sorry but the equestria girls movie made me throw up in my mouth, there was great music, that was about it.... 

so if they introduce more humans into the show itself... meh...

Edited by Shawchert
  • Brohoof 2

I will always be a fan of FiM but if the show stops and the fandom dies out and everything FiM goes away then I guess I would have to stop or hope for something just as great to be around if it does happen. It is a kind of a sad thing to think about the end. I don't want any of this to end.

• Brohoof 1

If it goes Spongebob Squarepants and becomes a mean-spirited mess halfway through, that's a damn good way to start.

If Diamond Tiara became a more significant character without being a deeper one.

If all episodes became as bitter as Ponyville Confidential.

If the OOC problems the show is having became the normal personalities for the characters.

... Admittedly, there isn't a lot to put here.