Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would make you quit FIM?

Dattebayo

Having been a "Brony" since 89 (the year I first recall watching Gen1 episodes and owning "Glory" my first Unicorn toy), I would have to answer your question of "What would make you quit FIM" with a...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOTHING!

^.^

You can't undo (at least with any sort of honor or self respect) tattoos anyways :P

(edited)

I don't know what would, I'm pretty lax. I don't care much for Equestria Girls, it wasn't exactly bad, just meh. I'm also willing to roll with it if the current Mane 6 are eventually pushed into support territory, but I would want another strong group of cast members in their place. 

Hmmmm......I have trouble saying what would do my fanaticism in, but it's happened before with Spongebob's "The Splinter" and Family Guy's "Not All Dogs Go to Heaven." So with that in mind, it would probably take them doing something I find sadistic or morally aprehensible (botched up morals a la Feeling Pinkie Keen don't count for this either, imo).

Edited by DryColt84

Making bad decisions that make a single episode (or movie) horrible is fine.

Making bad decisions that permanently shift a character in a particular way makes me leave.

(In case it's unclear, yes, I already stopped watching, and yes, I did give season 4 a fair shake.

(edited)

If any of the characters gets removed, not just from the mane 6 but the backround as well.

If they continue too long with the human realm thingie. I heard there will be 3 equestria girl movies. Thats just enough for me. Give me a MLP movie with ponies in it, dangit!

If they make considerable changes to any of the mane 6, wich probably won't happen. Except for Twilight but I don't mind that.

I could go on for a while, but I'll stop here.

Edited by Brawny Boulder
  • Brohoof 1

A pony related movie would be an amazing thing!! But if it doesnt get fullfilled in 1-2 years i would leave.

To much about human (Equestria girls) no no.

If the fandom dies i would miss it really much :(

• Brohoof 1

Killing the other princesses or removing them somehow to make way for Twilight.

Denying the importance of Twilight's friends, or making them too much as accessories for her.

Making Equestria too much like Earth.

Too much adventure and not enough slice of life.

Not developing characters that we know nothing about, like Celestia, Cadance, Gilda.

Not solidifying worldbuilding (they forgot about the importance of the Crystal Empire that is shown in The Crystal Empire, freak weather in Manehattan...)

I think that these are my deal-breakers.

• Brohoof 1

1) When they replace ANY Member of the Mane 6 with someone else.

2) If they kill off ANY Non-Alicorns(Twilight is on the list of Non-Alicorns even though she is an Alicorn.  And yes, even a snotbag like Prince Blueblood is on this list simply cuz he would be a perfect Chew Toy for the series. XP)

3) If they took a bad page from the Transformers G1 universe or MLP G1 universe and replace characters with newcomers with the sake of selling toys

4) When it ends.

• Brohoof 1

If all the rest of the mane six became alicorns. 

I haven't watched an episode since Pinkie Apple Pie, but if they all become alicorns, I'm done. Forever.

Or if Hasbro markets so much toys and make episodes based off of that alone. Lower quality = Bad

• Brohoof 2

- If the fandom turns into a hate-filled community I no longer wish to associated with.

- If one of the mane 6 gets killed off / pushed out and replaced. This is MLP, not Redwall, I don't want to deal with that.

(edited)

At this point, I don't think there's anything that could happen to make me stop watching, save for the show ending of course.

What can I say? I've grown very attached to these ponies the last 5 or 6 months. :D

EDIT: If humans were added to the show, I would definitely consider quitting. But that's it.

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 1

To an extent, I already have. The season 3 finale left me very disenchanted with the idea of future episodes. I've not kept up with the new episodes since then. Truth be told, I don't really want to. It seems to me like they went beyond the logical point of ending the story. At this point, the rest of the show just seems like life support for the toys.  >_>

• Brohoof 1

I would stop watching if the show drags on for too long and starts to decline in quality. That's why I cringe at the "five years planned" announcement.

The mane 6 turning into alicorns? That a$$hole Flash Sentry being canon? Your waifu being stolen by some new addition to the show? Maybe a new member to the mane 6?

These are some actual reasons someone would stop watching a show? Aside from the first one (which is only a problem if it's written horribly), those seem very ridiculous.

• Brohoof 1

- If they stop producing episodes

- If one of the VA's quits

- If the fandom dies out

Its strange that some are mentioning what will we do when the show ends.   Let's enjoy the moment instead of thinking about the very ending. 

When there's a story arc that gets dragged out, with a ton of subpar filler episodes...

Having been a "Brony" since 89 (the year I first recall watching Gen1 episodes and owning "Glory" my first Unicorn toy)...

That was right around the time I played the *first* Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games. I kept up with the former all the way through 2000, and I was enthusiastic about the latter as recently as 2011. Also, I was watching a number of cartoons (usually the stuff marketed toward guys) at the time, which I kept up until my mid-teen years.

(edited)

To an extent, I already have. The season 3 finale left me very disenchanted with the idea of future episodes. I've not kept up with the new episodes since then. Truth be told, I don't really want to. It seems to me like they went beyond the logical point of ending the story. At this point, the rest of the show just seems like life support for the toys.  >_>

That's not what's happening at all, but I kind of understand what you mean. Twilight's original character arc has ended and another has started. if the new direction bothers you I understand completely. It's different, the show's feel has changed a bit this season, and it doesn't really have that child-like wonder as often anymore, but I think that's the point. The Mane 6 are on their way to reach their dreams, they all are getting closer and closer to achieving them. In a sense, they're growing up. I personally think this exactly where the series should be aiming to go (despite what seems like a bit of hesitation by the writers), and while I agree that MMC would have worked as a logical ending to the series, I think this new arc makes just as much sense for a continuation of the story.

Edited by DryColt84
  • Brohoof 2

The only reason I would stop being a fan is if every thing from pony merchendise to videos to bronycon disappears completely but that wouldn't happen and really there is no one who likes the show in my life that would be friends D;