Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would make you quit FIM?

Dattebayo

- Rarity gets ruined/leaves (Fucking, I'm gone if that happens.)

That's it.

There's things I would HATE to see brought into the show; Humans joining the mane cast, serious relationships, and Makusu, but the only thing that'd make me outright leave is something happening to Rarity :D

• Brohoof 2

If all of the people I meet from the fandom aren't driven by the show, but trying to be different, thinking they're revolutionary by breaking gender stereotypes, crazy about candy ponies (MLPF March Madness 2k14.) so much they will bluntly be a prick to whoever doesn't have the same opinion, and those who think they're better for watching a girl's show.

Good thing that hasn't happened, amirite fellas?

Oh wait.

• Brohoof 5

I can't really imagine what would make me quit the show, but the best I can figure is if the show just wasn't good anymore. Sort of a given, I know, but if a show can give me even just a few really good episodes in between a few not-so-good ones, I can stomach it. But if the series goes on too long without something exceptional, and I start actively questioning why I'm wasting my time, then I'll jump off that bus at the next stop.

But if I had to pick something specific to MLP, my Jump-the-Shark moment will be when it becomes too obvious that advertising the toys takes precedence over being good/making sense. There was a critical week there when I thought the Breezies episode was that moment.

• Brohoof 2

When the show ends.

To be honest I don't think anything on the show can make me stop watching it. I am a fan of Total Drama Islabd and The Simpsons and Digimon and I still watch them even after all of the downfalls in them .

So I will watch this show until it ends. No matter what happens. :)

*chuckles almost darkly* go ahead, imply that anything will make me quit the fandom. no,, go ahead, i dare you!  >_> ...yeah, that's what i thought. (but seriously there is nothing that will ruin the show for me or any true blue brony. "no matter what comes, we will face the weather" as the song goes!)

• Brohoof 1

*chuckles almost darkly* go ahead, imply that anything will make me quit the fandom. no,, go ahead, i dare you!  >_> ...yeah, that's what i thought. (but seriously there is nothing that will ruin the show for me or any true blue brony. "no matter what comes, we will face the weather" as the song goes!)

I'm sorry, but willing to tolerate what you're a fan of no matter what happens to it, no matter how bad it becomes, doesn't make one a true fan. That's called being a Fanboy. I would think a true fan, implying that such a thing even exists, would have standards, at the very least.

• Brohoof 1

A lot of things made me quit:

-Pony furry/fat/pregnant art

-Bronies who joined after season 3 and think they know it all

-Brony assholes

-The show stopped being good

Rarity getting with anypony except for the stallion we all know she belongs with!

183559__safe_rarity_straight_kissing_spo

But in all seriousness, it would take a lot of really bad writing to get me to leave.  Like, modern Bleach levels.  If you've never read Bleach before, don't ask.  You do not want to know.

Hmmm, probably nothing will make me quit FiM. Whenever they make a bad decision, I just accept it and move on. FiM is too precious for me to abandon it!

I'd say when the show deteriorates back to what it was like in Generation 3? lol

.....Okay, I take it back! THAT will make me leave FiM for eternity! XD

(edited)

A lot of things made me quit:

-Pony furry/fat/pregnant art

-Bronies who joined after season 3 and think they know it all

-Brony assholes

-The show stopped being good

Those first three things are kind of silly reasons to quit don'tcha think? I mean, every fandom has people like that. Believe me as a fan of Sonic over the years, there are some assholes constantly arguing over which games are the best, and some very weird fanart. That's not going to stop me from being a part of his fanbase. 

I also understand it if you don't like the show anymore, but there hasn't been an objective decrease in quality yet, just a shift in tone and focus. Honestly, MLP Season 4 feels very much like "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends" Season 4. There was a shift from heavy character development with humorous antics to a more comical approach to the episodes (sometimes with little to no character development). Some fans weren't too happy about it, but MLP has the unique distinction of changing the status quo on top of this shift, amplifying the effects of the already divided fandom. That's why you see reviews ranging from "OMG BEST SEASON EVER!!!" to "The show has become utter shit!" It all comes down to the fact that you, like many others, aren't on board with the changes being made (which, as I stated before, is completely fine).

Edited by DryColt84

I'm rather dreading the day that FIM inevitably does jump the shark. I was worried that had happened at the end of Season 3, but the way they've dealt with Twilight's new role so far has been mostly positive and not had a huge impact on the content of the episodes. The general formula of the season's structure for the last three seasons seems to be to do something epic for the first and last episodes of a season, and then go back to the slice-of-life stories we know and love during the rest of it, and if they keep that up while resisting the urge to turn the show too much into a fancy commercial (Hasbro would never do that, would they? Yeah, I was a first-generation Transformers fan...) I will probably stick with the show until the end.

If the show does indeed jump the shark badly (which is why I'm looking at the Season 4 ending with a mixture of anticipation and dread) I will still probably not abandon it entirely, though. I have my DVDs and will go back and watch the episodes I enjoyed over and over again and haunt the fanfiction sites for my fix.

I can't see anything making me want to quit.....If there is something that becomes canon that I hate, like humans in Equestria per se, I will watch them to understand, then ignore them from there on out....but the older episodes I will always be a fan of, and I will always be a brony :D

(edited)

Anyway, what would make me quit watching is

a ) serious out of character moment that effects the continuity

b )a plot hole like the day being saved thanks to a character having knowledge they shouldn't have and that no amount of mental gymnastics can justify

and or 

c ) it get's boring

Edited by Sugar Cube

Rarity getting with anypony except for the stallion we all know she belongs with!

img-2496245-1-183559__safe_rarity_straig

Just letting you know, you accidently put a picture of Thunderlane instead of Fancy Pants. :comeatus:

No, no. I kid. Each to their own ship. But seriously,

-if the Mane 6 all became alicorns

-if humans went to Equestria (like what happens in all those dumb fanfictions about a male human coming to Equestria -_-)

...I'm not sure if anything else would take me away from the show. I guess we'll see when it happens.

The writers or whoever listening to the fandom. Nods are nice and all, but that "-icious" reference in Pinkie Apple Pie was annoying and distracting. It's a kids show for kids, not teens and adults. That's was fanfiction is for.

The writers or whoever listening to the fandom. Nods are nice and all, but that "-icious" reference in Pinkie Apple Pie was annoying and distracting. It's a kids show for kids, not teens and adults. That's was fanfiction is for.

I actually want the opposite of this to happen.

Or at least, for them to not forget about us.

The show would definitely not be where it us without us, I think we deserve at least recognition.

(edited)

It's a show for families, this includes kids, teens, and adults. I also didn't even notice the reference, because I didn't care enough about Twilightlicious to remember it. Even if I did though, it wasn't intrusive, and had no bearing on the plot. You may not like it, but it was only annoying to you because you know the reference, and didn't really want it in there. It's invisible to the casual audience though, that's how you do fandom shout-outs properly.

Edited by DryColt84
  • Brohoof 1

Some genius making a character poll but then having it get wrecked and then when he tries to make things right, the angry mob chases him out of town with torches and pitchforks.

How dare they do that to Sterling Crimson and the World Cup

i r from teh futurz

• Brohoof 3