Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would make you quit FIM?

Dattebayo

MOD NOTE: I have had to remove a vast quantity of off-topic and spammy posts that were cluttering up this thread. Comments about other users, avatars, pictures, and any other small talk that doesn't directly pertain to the topic at hand should be saved for PMs and status posts. Please be sure to stay on task, everyone. :)

As for me, I think it would take an awful lot to get me to quit the series. The show would have to jump the shark in the worst way possible before I'd abandon it.

• Brohoof 2

*chuckles almost darkly* go ahead, imply that anything will make me quit the fandom. no,, go ahead, i dare you!  >_> ...yeah, that's what i thought. (but seriously there is nothing that will ruin the show for me or any true blue brony. "no matter what comes, we will face the weather" as the song goes!)

What if Hasbro completely sells-out (like they're close to doing right now), and use more propoganda, memorabilia, milking the brones, than actually aiming for a good show?

Edited by Remi

• 6 years later...

The writers half assing everything and constantly making bullshit they know people are gonna hate while smelling their own farts. It worked for S9, I never even bothered finishing it

• Brohoof 1

Well I've technically quit the fandom before. Twilight becoming an Alicorn was already pushing it, but when Equestria Girls came out, I decided to leave the fandom. Luckily I rejoined in early 2017. Although I did take a break after the first half of season 8 came out. That season was the all time low of the show, and is hard to believe it's even My Little Pony. I just consider that a break though because I didn't completely distance myself from the show like after EQG. I just simply...took a little break.

Now, the main thing that would make me quit the show (again) would be if all the main six or even starlight became an alicorn. Twilight was bad enough, if they all became an alicorns, it would make me cringe more than the school of friendship made me cringe. Also, if EQG was officially called canon to the show. That would be terrible. Another thing, if the main six were pushed aside by some new cast; I'm looking you student six. Luckily they didn't completely sideline the mane six, but they almost did. Plus, I would leave if the show completely went away from actually being about ponies. They were going down that route towards the end, but luckily there was still a bit of a focus on the shows namesake. Overall there have been many close calls, but only once did I actually leave-and luckily it was temporary.

• Brohoof 1

A long enough period where I wasn't enjoying the show at all, I guess... if any specific event were enough to have made me quit, I would probably have dropped the show a long time ago.

Though changing the art style too much was apparently enough to keep me away from Pony Life. 

• 11 months later...

During Season 6, because of how much of a complete shitshow it was. I didn't even bother watching Season 7-9 until this year (then again, I only watched a handful of them anyway).

• 4 weeks later...

The closed thing that happened to me was hater content I saw during season 5. It hit me pretty hard and I was very close to leave the fandom

With G4 being finished, I still can rewatch s1-8 and the special episodes, so I most likely won't quit the show anytime soon

On 2021-09-05 at 7:10 PM, JMTV99 said:

During Season 6, because of how much of a complete shitshow it was. I didn't even bother watching Season 7-9 until this year (then again, I only watched a handful of them anyway).

Though, in hindsight, I do regret watching the last three seasons knowing what's going on behind the scenes. Then again, after watching G5, I don't see any point of watching G4 anymore, even the classic seasons. It's too polarizing for me.

I'll still love the characters and I love Faust's creativity forever. The rest? Not so much.

The only thing I can look back on G4 was fan made content from fans(fan animations and mature fanfics are my go-tos), and that's it.

To be honest, I almost DID quit FIM, all cause of season 7's neglect of Spike after putting him on track in season 6. If it wasn't for his awesome role in season 9, I would've quit this fandom and never looked back. They cut it pretty dang close for him.