Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Was I the only one open-minded enough to watch mlp immediately?

Spark

I knew it was going to be a show that I'd like when I first heard about the fanbase as well as the creative minds behind the series.

Even back in college I liked shows like the Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, Spongebob, etc, and they were all high quality shows written with two audiences in mind- there's stuff for kids in there, but then there's references and jokes for the older audiences too. So when I started seeing 20-30 year olds whose opinions I respect becoming fans of the show, I figured there must be something to it. When I heard names like Lauren Faust and Rob Renzetti were involved, I knew that this was going to be something along the lines of PPG and Dexter's Lab, shows that appealed to all ages.

I would have watched it soon if I had high-speed internet at the time. With my crappy dial-up, I decided to pretend to hate the show and look down on bronies, when I actually never cared and decided to play with other members of the other forum I was on, because toying with people on the Internet is too much fun for me sometimes.

When I got WiFi at my house during last October, I watched the first four episodes and pleasantly enjoyed them, but Hasbro made a fit about Pony episodes on YouTube, so I had to find other means to watch them, and I'm glad I did. Having almost every episode of the show on my laptop in 720 to 1080 dpi feels great.

Started watching MlP back in 2010 with the mindset that it was just another cartoon with nothing special to it, boy was I wrong. In fact I didn't even realize a fan-base existed till the great 4chan pony purge.

When I first saw the memes floating around the internet, I didn't really give it any thought as people are always making silly memes out of cartoons. I actually enjoyed most of the memes, aside from the ones I did not understand (But of course, not I do ;) ) And the ponies were actually well drawn, and I enjoyed the artwork. It was only after I heard about Bronies, and that there were people of my age, who genuinely loved this show, that I got curious and decided to watch the show myself.

Of course, I watched the first two episodes, and just had to continue watching. That night I watched about 12 episodes, then over the next two nightes watched them all the way through til the latest Episode.

Fun Fact!: The day I became a Brony, was the same day that "Luna Eclipsed" first aired.

I wasn't very aware of its existence until late last year. My reasons for not watching had more to do with convenience rather than trying to avoid a show aimed at girls. When I had the opportunity to watch it in-depth, I was effectively hooked from the get-go.

When looking back on the matter, I don't consider myself to have been close minded.

I first heard about bronies when a friend of mine(yes this was on the Internet) told me he was a brony back in August of 2011, at the time I was kinda a homophobe so I made fun of him and designated anyone who was a brony as gay, stupid, or both

Now look at me :D

I didn't watch it immediately but when I first heard of it I was like "Whoa, really!? xD"

I was gonna watch it just cuz I knew it would stir up some trouble among certain forums for watching it and liking it. What I didn't expect was to fall so deeply in love with it. I knew I'd like it, I tend to like Barbie video games and such, but I didn't expect to love it.

i was eager to watch the show as well when i heard of it, my friend showed me that so many people on steam where getting pony avatars, however i just considered it another meme and thought nothing more of it. however when another friend watched ep 1 & 2 out of curiosity and said it was horrible, so i then proceeded to see how bad and instead thought it was great and so did another friend of mine. we are now heavily hated on but hey who cares.

I watched the show just about the same day my friend told me about it.

I didn't really know if I would like it or not, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

I'm quite open-minded.

I've always been open minded and I've seen (and enjoyed) some "girly" anime such as Shugo Chara, so when I saw how popular MLP was I didn't give it a second thought. I watched the first episode and got hooked immediately. The only thing I was initially hesitant about was letting other people know I was into it. Before MLP I kept all such interests to myself for fear of ridicule or embarrassment. It eventually became impossible for me to hide it though and I'm glad because now I know how accepting my family is and I can express my love of ponies instead of keeping it to myself.

Nope. I saw the "Epic PMV 7 artists video" on Youtube by way of a Code Geass abridge series. I never heard the song so I looked up the video itself. Then I looked up the show on TVTropes, that's when I found out "brony" meant, and read everything the site had on the show. Of course I was interested! The premise was good, the staff was amazing, the amount of tropes used in it spanned multiple pages, and the fandom made a name for itself. A hop, skip, and jump to Youtube to watch the pilot and I never looked back!

• 2 weeks later...

I whould like to tell everypony a big story about how i finaly watched it. . . But to tell you the truth. . .I never thought it was dumb or stupid when i heard about it, I didnt have to be convinced. I watched it and I instantly loved it

short and simple. :lol: