Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your oldest memory? How far back can you go?

Cirrus.

So, what's your oldest memory you can recall?

It's kind of a random topic- I was reading a thread on glasses where someone said they don't remember life before glasses- and that gave me this idea.

Mine is from when I was between 2 and 3 (I'm 25 now)

I remember being in my crib standing and looking at myself in the mirror. I also remember that I hated the clear plastic molding guard/cover thing on the top rail and I would try to bite it off a lot. I did actually bite/crack a few chunks off of it. I don't think I ate any- I just remember I just hated it for whatever reason.

• Brohoof 2

i'm 30 my oldest memory is not something for the public eye and is probably the reason I can't remember anything that happened before it. It was not pleasent though I will say the most earliest pleasant/funny thing i remember was...

I was eight and me and my sister were asleep and I was snoring... so she kicked me out of bed and i litterally went down flailing... we were both laughing our butts off lol.

• Brohoof 1

The oldest memory that I could go far back as when I was 10, when I was dancing with my friends for a show in front of an audience and it was the most fun I've ever had in a while. Now, I'm afraid of performing in front of people.

• Brohoof 1

My oldest memory was when I was 3 walking down a sidewalk with long curly hair. A lady walked by and said "you're a lovely little girl" Needless to say I was upset and I screamed back "I'M NO A GIRL!!" And to this day nobody has let me live it down.....

• Brohoof 2

Strange how a lot of topic ideas I decide not to post, get started a few days later.

I'm not sure which is first. Probably me watching Walking with Dinosaurs in my old apartment (I was 2?). Otherwise, it's me breaking an arm.. At 2?

• Brohoof 2

A flash of green light and then my parents were dead, and I was left with a lightning bolt looking scar.

But in all seriousness, the oldest thing I can kind of remember is being in a stroller and my mom pushing it with her friend and her daughter, also in a stroller.  I wanted to get out and walk, so eventually, I got out of the stroller, fell and cracked my head.  I had to get stitches and it left a scar on my forehead. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My earliest memory is at about 3 or 4 years old in the early 1990s, my mothers Austin Metro she had at the time had a broken back light and she was taking it to the garage, I remember standing in the court yard of the garage and seeing the car parked inside the garage.

I even have a picture of the place, it's still there to this day: it's very small though :)

medium_Sidebar.jpg

Edited by Asherdangerdash
  • Brohoof 2

Most other memories I remember under 5 years old are bad.

• Choking on a hotdog slice
  • Choking on an eggroll
  • Thinking it would be a good idea to see what it would be like to make juice come out of my nose. (Horrible painful idea it turned out)
  • Getting "lost" in Mervyns after hiding in a clothes-rack (It turned my mom was just a few racks over the whole time).
  • Going up to my mom's bed because I couldn't open my eye and it felt warm. My mom woke up, gasped, and shot right up. (I didn't know but a spider bit my eyelid)
  • Getting yelled at by my dad's scary aunt because I was being noisy in the morning at our cottage.

My earliest memory... I was about 5 or under I believe. I remember of having a weird dream about being in a dark room with the only light being a TV. On the screen was the title of Everybody loves Raymond. (Weird thing is I don't ever remember of seeing that show before the dream.)

Anyhoof, I woke up and that's the earliest memory I have... waking up from a dream.

I remember something from when I was really young, probably 3 or 4. I remember sitting in the back of my grandfather's car and us being stopped at railway lights. Then this yellow rail maintenance machine passed by. It left a pretty big impression with me, I never saw anything like it before. It was really vibrant.

My oldest memory was that I was in daycare and I rushed over to the slide. I was so excited that I was second or..maybe third in line near the top of the stairs.  A boy from my right side said...GET OUT OF MY WAY! Pushed me backward. I remember hitting my head and tumbling downwards and crying after seeing a woman rushing over to me....I think she may had been a blonde woman. Fairly young. Maybe somewhere in her 30's or so but I do not remember anything about clothing or the face or nothing.

That was the last day I would spend at that daycare.

The oldest memory I have when I was only 6 years old. It was November 1989 and the Fall of the Berlin Wall was all over the news. Honestly, I don't know why that is the oldest memory I have. Maybe because somehow I knew that this was historic...but that may be hindsight talking.

• Brohoof 1

I was three, and I was running around squirting my old dog with a squirting bottle. Unfortunately, that's also the only memory I have of thst dog. Apparently she loved me a lot though. Was very protective of me.

• Brohoof 1

Oddly enough, my earliest memory is very much like Stonehoof's. I wasn't yet two years-old, but I can't faintly remember some pictures and bits of footage on TV of the Berlin Wall around the time it came down. I also remember a motorcade with Reagan although I can't place the year.

• Brohoof 1

I am 20 years old now, well, when I was about....maybe 5ish? I remember, going to Kindergarden my first day and how I was so scared and nervous, because I was at this new place surrounded by a bunch of other kids and listening to a teacher teach.

I was so confused,and realized it was a place to learn. I remember sitting at the desk and shaking nervously. xD