Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your oldest memory? How far back can you go?

Cirrus.

A normal day, a few days after my 3rd birthday. I woke up. Ate some Cheerios. Went to Preschool. Came home.

You know, a pretty normal day. But I think I should have remembered back further because I have photographic memory and because of that my memory is a lot better than others'.

That's tough, actually, I have a very bad memory. Probably the farthest memory back is when I was in kindergarten and missed the bus, then went to my friend's house and his family drove me to school with them. My parents were already at work, so yeah. :/

I have the majority of my elementary/middle school life shut out automatically, I can't remember any of it really.

The farthest I can go, is when I was around 4 or 5 years old. I remember sleeping in my grandmother's room. I would watch Zorro in black and white in Disney's channel. Remember cutting my pectoral area on a hamper(Please don't ask how). Also remember clear as day the Phantom Menace Seven-Eleven promos down the street from where I used to live. I remember playing cheesy games, such as learn to type back in the mid 90s. Let me try and find them actually hold on ;)

I was three, and I was running around squirting my old dog with a squirting bottle. Unfortunately, that's also the only memory I have of thst dog. Apparently she loved me a lot though. Was very protective of me.

This just reminded me of something else too. I probably just started walking because I was VERY short.

We went to my grandma's house and we just got in. My Uncle had a golden retriever at the time. I was right by the door and his tail kept smacking me in the face. I think that's the only memory I have of that dog. He got hit by a car when I was like 3.

My oldest memory would probably have to be being at my old house. I'm not sure how old I was. Probably 4, or so.

I remember looking at the big mirror near the door, and looking back at the couch. My dad was sitting on it watching TV. On the TV was the Simpsons. 

That's all I can remember.

I was 3 years old, standing in the kitchen and waiting for my mom to peel the skin from the apple for me to eat. I think that may have been when I decided that I would start eating the skin as well. I don't know why that's such an important memory but seeing as I still remember it, it must have been something interesting to a 3-year-old kid.  :D

(edited)

My oldest memory I am not too sure of. Because they happened around the same time I am not sure. Either it's when my father forcibly took me away from my mother via police force or when my father's girlfriend threw me in a closet. Both of those are around 1-3 area.

Edited by Noire Panzer

• 1 year later...

My oldest memory is of being in my pram with the cover pulled down, looking at my aunt. I can remember that it was in town, and I can even sorta recall what direction the pram was facing... I'm not sure how old I was in that memory, though I'm guessing maybe a year old or so.

My oldest memory, and it's going to sound pretty stupid, is when I broke my arm when I was 4. I had one of those Power Wheels trucks, and I was riding it around in my back yard. We had an inground pool that was carved into a hillside, with a gap between it and the hill for security purposes. I got too close to the edge, went over, landed on my elbow, and shattered it.

I think my oldest that I can remember is when I was 2 or 3, I had to have surgery to put in a shunt for Hydrocephalous. I think I remember right before they put me under to actually do the surgery, I remember crying, a lot. That isn't too surprising. It's weird because there are almost no other things I remember from that time at all but that one thing I still can think of clearly. Unless I am just imagining it but I remember it.

I was 3 years old. I was with my family at the airport. We were going to Paris that day. And that's all I remember of that trip, being at the airport. My recollection of that event just completely cuts out when we were boarding the plane to Paris. Then there's a significant gap between that memory and the next.

Edited by GrauWitz

I remember back into the very early 90's like the war with iran, easter, Christmas, fishing with my granpa , my grandpa dieing a slow death from lung cancer from smoking cigarettes, playing with my sister, princess diana dieing, playing NES , watching cartoons, riding my bicycle, my grandmother crushing bugs with her bare hands, getting into dirt clod wars with my sisters, ect.

Furthest i had back was when i was 4 years old and had a huge fear of balloons since a helium one popped in my face and gave me a bloody nose somehow so i was at my grandmothers house and she said hey lets blow up balloon's which i agreed to and made her do all the work cause my fear and moments later i took a steak knife that was left unattended and brutally murdered a pile of 10-20 balloons to make me feel better about my fear. Basically i seeked revenge on a balloon...... How pathetic that was when i look back  :huh:   Good news is I'm no longer scared of balloons  :comeatus:

I would say about back in 1998 because I remember being at my old home before moving in 2000. I remember seeing how bigger things are when I was smaller compared to now. I also remember watching a lot of PBS and Nick Jr. back then.

• Brohoof 1

I can't exactly remember how old I was but... The earliest memory I have is my older brother and I playing Thomas The Tank Engine using a wooden train set.

It was fun ^^

Although I was born in 1986, and my first console was Super Nintendo, I remember my family was a big Nintendo family, every party we had, birthdays and holidays, we would all gather round any play Nintendo, like the original Super Mario Brothers, the Legend of Zelda, and Contra, I was about four years old, but I remember fondly the original NES, and the tradition we had playing Nintendo, all together.

Nearly drowning when I was a toddler.  I wandered too close to the edge of a creek and just slipped right in; I was totally submerged.  I even remember feebly kicking my feet at the creek bed; not that the things were probably that useful even on land.  Things were getting eerily peaceful before my aunt pulled me out.

I don't recall the order or which came first, but I recall being driven on Mopac with a cast on (2 years old), almost drowning (also 2), or playing with Duplo blocks (2).

I guess I can go as far back as 1999 when I was 3 being at my grandmother's (mom's mom) funeral. I never really knew her since I was so young. I'm glad I didn't know about death at that time.

Like when I was 2. I wanted to give myself a nice haircut and chopped off a good chunk of my hair and then hid the hair and scissors under a pillow.

My mom could've killed me. I had a boy haircut for the longest time. My mom put me in dresses and people would still think I was a little boy. ._.