Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your oldest memory? How far back can you go?

Cirrus.

I can remember as far as when I was 2. The earliest memory from what I can remember is watching my parents play video games. I also vividly remember the house I lived in around that time.

I was like 2/3 in a spider-man costume and I rolled down the stairs and smashed an Elmo Piñata.

What was wrong with me.

Edited by Lightning

I was three years old, playing with my brother in our house when cops came in. My brother ran out the door and my mother was arrested.

That's the earliest I can remember, which is kinda bad.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can still remember I was still in china :BornAgainBrony: waking up from a wooden bed and going to a window looking outside:mlp_please: still remembers a group of kids being happy while they all swarmed to a monk doing something:mlp_confused:and also I saw a huge spider thing crawl through my uncle bedroom,thanks goodness that it went into my ancient bedroom ever since I came back to the U.S.!!!:fabulous:

Age 2, I believe, which was 48 years ago. On a beach near Atlantic City with my mum and my Nan on either side holding my hands, lifting me up through the waves. I've never got a clear answer as to why we were in Atlantic City that summer, to be honest. Feels a bit out-of-character for my parents, but they confirmed that was the place where those events I remember happened.

I can vaguely remember being in a crib and looking over the railings down a hall where someone was in the kitchen. There was also a time when I was in the front seat of the family car, looking up through the windshield and watching the telephone lines passing overhead. I don't know which of these memories came first and I have no idea why I'd retain such mundane recollections. But there it is. I must have been 2 or 3 years old.

On 2/1/2019 at 12:19 AM, Twilight Luna said:

I was 5 and we went to the theater to see Return of the Jedi. My parents took me to a toy store before the movie to buy an action figure and I had picked out Luke.

That's an awesome first memory! I wish I could trade with you! Wow, the movie and a Luke action figure! That's the stuff that dreams are made of. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit

5 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

That's an awesome first memory! I wish I could trade with you! Wow, the movie and a Luke action figure! That's the stuff that dreams are made of. 

Thanks! My parents took my older brother to see A New Hope when he was 3. Apparently Darth Vader made him cry.

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

Thanks! My parents took my older brother to see A New Hope when he was 3. Apparently Darth Vader made him cry.

Aww, that's so sad that Vader made him cry. But I'll bet there were a lot of other things in the movie he probably enjoyed. I hope he got an action figure too! (Not a Vader figure though). 

Edited by Dreambiscuit

• 2 months later...

My oldest memory involves my dad, I remember sitting on the couch with him, and I vividly remember what he was wearing: a plain white t-shirt, denim jeans and a black ball cap on backwards...this was back when he had long hair. I remember the tv was on and I faintly remember him telling me something, what it was I don't remember. I must've been about 2 years old...

I have a pretty bad memory. My first memories were of playing Super Smash Brothers at the age of 6. But even then they're quite vague, because I literally don't remember any more about it than that. :(

Edited by Dusky, the Boy Queen

I still have no idea if this was a dream or not, but I remember running around outside behind a small house that was surrounded by mountains and trees. I can't have been much older than 2 or 3, but I have no idea where it could have been, considering my parents never knew what I was talking about whenever I tried describing it. The whole memory just seems surreal, so I'm not sure if it was actually real or not.

The earliest concrete memory I have is from when I was 4 or 5. I used to love playing MechWarrior 2 as a kid, and I can remember quite a few times where I was just sitting behind our family computer, having so much fun playing the game entirely wrong. I used to think the Executioner was stupid and ugly, but now it's one of my favorite Mechs.

My oldest memory gone way back when I was 4-5 years old, I was on the beach with my whole family, they all go swimming, singing karoke and basically having fun. I was having fun too by just building a sand castle and a trench :mlp_rarity:

so basically that's my oldest memory that I could ever remember :mlp_please:

Edited by Matraxial Artemi
  • Brohoof 1

Very vague, but I remember being inside a large indoor swimming pool with my mom. She was holding me and bouncing me in and out of the water. 

I asked her about it years later, and she told me she only took me in there one time. I was about 8 months old apparently. 

After that the earliest memories I can pull up are rolling down the stairs at roughly two and preschool at a little older than 4. 

• 1 year later...

My oldest pure memory is laying on a bench in the old bathroom having a diper change, while focusing my eyes on a hook attached to the wall. Because that hook was there years later (not any more though), I have been able to keep retaining that memory. I have a few more, but I think they are newer memories, sitting in a stroller