Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your oldest memory? How far back can you go?

Cirrus.

I remember when one of my grandparents was taking me in a stroller and kicking it up to be goofy. I thought it was pretty funny and it was kind of like a ride. I also remember everyone loving the stroller rides a lot when my cousins and I were really young cause it was basically the “grandkids stroller”.

I remember being in the cendi (which is like a preschool or daycare but like both combined) were they teach you basic things like wash your teeth and clean your space, have your naps while they take care of you. So I remember myself in the playground, some of those spring horses and some swings and a small fountain too small to ever drown there, the grass, and the gigantic colored painted metal poles that separated the playground from the outside world to the parking lot of the theater nearby and the military base farther down the road. I was all by myself sitting near the bars looking outside thinking when my parents were going to come for me while the others played. 

I only remember little things. Mostly related to my toys.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I've got some memory fragments where I can clearly remembering laying in the crib in drinking milk from a baby bottle. I don't know hold these memories are .. but I assume I must have been younger than 5 .. maybe  3 or 4.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Waking up from a bed with my head on a hard pillow somewhere in china where my grandpa and grandma lives :sealed: I still remember looking out a window seeing alot of kids gathering around a monk in the streets :twi: I dunno what age I was tho:wacko: 2.....3???:huh:5???:mlp_wat:hmmmmm.......

Edited by ChikaChan
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'd guess the earliest one I can remember is some time before I could walk: we had a cat that was very friendly to me. I remember sitting in the living room looking at the TV or something and then seeing the cat come to the hallway from the kitchen, and then I recall thinking something like "there she is" and then crawling after her down the hall. She would slow down just enough for me to reach up and touch her tail, she would do a somewhat quiet and quick "meow!" And then speed up, then slow down again, and when she slowed down she would turn her head and look at me, waving her tail around when she slowed down. Then at the end of the hall she turned and went into my parents room and jumped onto the bed. I remember thinking "aw she's way up there now, I can't get up there" and it being so far away. Then the cat came looked over the edge at me. That's where it gets fuzzy, I think I went back into the living room then. 

I don't usually forget much.

Edited by TheGleaner

• 8 months later...

It's only one of a few fragments, but I always remembered drinking from my baby bottle. The taste of the milk and that gummy nipple thing. :kindness: One of them had a hole in the middle and another was shakable, there was glitter inside the plastic! I loved that! That probably influenced me a lot, I still like glitter stuff! :wub:

On 2021-06-09 at 6:30 PM, Astral Soul said:

I've got some memory fragments where I can clearly remembering laying in the crib in drinking milk from a baby bottle. I don't know hold these memories are .. but I assume I must have been younger than 5 .. maybe  3 or 4.

Woooah, same! :mlp_pinkie: I don't remember the crib though. :kindness:

• Brohoof 2

I have an early memory form a diaper change, which is around when I was 1 or 2 years old (never asked my mom, so it is a guess), where I remember clearly looking at a dent in the wall in our bathroom wall, which I just randomly thought about a few years back, and that dent has been long gone for over 20 years now since we remade our bathroom, so it is a real memory! No one would notice such things but me.

• Brohoof 1

I remember watching my parents helping my grandparents to build a bathhouse. And I think I was trying to help them. I saw photos from this period and I look 3-4 in them

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

I can remember all the way back to when I was in Kindergarten. I legit remember laying down for naptime, right in front of the teachers desk, and I remember just bursting out laughing for legit no reason.

I was a complete menace and still am.

When the doctor held me on his arms just after I was born, I remember seeing this gigantic human face with a mask pulled back. There was red everywhere. I was born with the umbilical cord wrapped around my neck and my skin was all blue because of the lack of oxygen. So, hell if that wasn't a foreshadowing.
They told me I was one of those newborn babies who immediately start looking around, so it makes sense I would have these random flashes of memory.

It also happened again, when I was introduced to the family. That one was lengthier, but very similar. Once again, a giant human face in front of me. It belonged to my great aunt. She was smiling. That was the person my grandfather cheated on his wife with, while my grandmother was dying of cancer. And that small baby there was gonna be the boy who brought it down over them on an already destroyed family. I just remember going to see my great aunt during her last days, twenty years later. She was dying of cancer. And she looked so much like a baby in a way. So fragile, having lost all her weight and hair because of chemo and the advanced stage of her autoimmune disease. I was smiling.

When I was around 1.5 or 2, my sister helped me climb up the slide, and she even took me close, but stayed behind while sliding. I slided down alone. My mom told me that I cried for fifteen minutes straight after that since I don't remember that happened.

I have some vague and scattered recollections from when I must have been around two to three years old. I do remember watching children's programs like Sesame Street, being in diapers, the NES, only having one younger sibling (my next youngest sister was born when I was about three-and-a-half years old), and the pets we had. I also remember the general layout of the first home my parents had (they moved out of it when I was four years old).

The earliest memory I have was being passed around from one adult relative to another as a baby or a toddler. It was a bit intimidating.  I can recall being in diapers and I continued to wet the bed after I was potty trained. I remember singing Christmas carols with my parents as a 3 year-old in a child safety seat.  I was in the back of a red VW Beetle.   Then at age 4 our house caught fire which sent us fleeing in the middle of the night which was burned into my memory.  It was awful as it was arson.  We weren’t the intended target.  The house next to us was and some of the inhabitants perished. I remember most important events after that.  

Falling off a crib when I was 2 :scoots: .

Also notable one, being at the old airport here with my dad, at one of the cargo bays at night, with an airplane pretty close up :ooh: .

Also less younger, eating Oreo cookies while playing a Bugs Life on the PS1… it was bright and sunny outside. Probably aged 4.

I remember when all the family was gathered together and I was sitting on my great grandpa's lap and we were both smiling. I'm glad I have that memory since after that, the rest of the memories were during when his health declined.

I was in a tunnel of whirling rainbow light with a bright white light at the end of the tunnel. My first memory, aside from that, must have been I was in a tub, I remember how deep the water felt and my father was bathing me.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Another one of the earliest memories that stayed with me after all these years, was opening a pack of mosquito coils by request of my great aunt and her mother. And as I am unpacking the metallic stand, I cut my finger with the edge of it, which was razor sharp for some reason.
And I dropped it over the bloodied night stand, expecting for their help. But they just stood there looking slack jawed at my bleeding hand with this morbid fascination in their eyes. So, I just ran out of the bedroom to my mother, who then got angry with them. But they dismissed it all, as always.

A little more and they would have started drooling. No, not vampires. But I had seen them react like this before. Especially, when there were serious car accidents nearby, or an animal got hit.
They didn't go out to offer help, or for mere curiosity, and they never called emergencies either. They were seeking to see the pain of others, as if they derived actual pleasure from seeing them in suffering or dying.
And they would just stand there. Watching without doing anything at all, until someone else arrived, and then they would start acting all concerned. Which was a very strange reaction. Especially for an adult with a medical profession and a degree in pediatrics.
She was the person who always wanted to dress me like a little girl, so we could play in her bedroom. And I always told her, "I am a boy, and what you are doing is wrong". And she would just freeze in the moment, with eyes wide open. Because I wasn't like the other children she often interacted with at the hospital. I was like a child for the most part, but whenever I sensed any kind of wrongness emanate from within people, something jumped out of me, that made people, even adults, swallow their own "demon" whenever it was starting to come out. So much that they almost choked on it. And then they became docile and subdued again. And I would just stare them down until they left my vicinity. And then return to be my child self. It was always like that, even to this day. But yeah. Another one of those memories that stays with you, because of how peculiar it was.

I sometimes feel like there is something very wrong with this world.

Edited by They call me Loyalty