Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Final thread on this: Saving Humanity by destroying all Humanity?

Bendy

(edited)

Alright. I'm so naive. I understand now...

Sorry I wasted your time.

I'm not trolling. That's what I think TCB is. Explain to me, how it isn't slavery?

What I think in short Xenolestia and Uberlestia have a similar mind set to the Reapers from Mass Effect. Just because you are better, does not give you the right make everyone like you. That's not harmony, that's hegemony.

Even if Uberlestia think she is saving Humanity, she is doing the same thing as the Reapers do to other species. The Reapers think they are superior and they indeed are superior when it comes to just how powerful they are.

Reapers even think they are saving organics.

Reaper: Without our intervention, organics are doomed. We are your salvation.

Which is a similar mind set of the TCB Ponies.

Edited by Rush

I'm not trolling. That's what I think TCB is.

Then I'm sorry I was an idiot.

I'll reiterate my point from earlier then: I think that "humanity" is not even close to being as important as an individual. I'm physician, every time I grab some snotty kid that needs an injection, I'm causing injury to this child. It is for a good reason, of course, and I know that. His mother knows that too. But the child is making a gigantic scene about it. If someone tells me that I shouldn't be giving this child this injection, I can get a book and show him that he has a disease and that this injection is important in order to treat this child and will benefit him in the long run. This is how I can see a possibility of ponification being acceptable, EVEN IF IT IS FORCED. This is patronizing, but it will be beneficial. Like I said, the key here is that the disease was not put into the child by some intelligent force.

However, since you said that the point here is enslaving, and not somehow helping, I'm assuming that the existence of the Barrier is intentional, i.e., Celestia is a bitch that has harmful intentions. In this case, give me a gun because I'm going to fight right next to you.

Next point: I'm questioning whenever Celestia is stupid enough to think that she can just make people turn into ponies, expecting them to be peaceful. IF she is conquering other worlds like this, she either has ways to control rebellion, or she is an idiot. I'm pointing to a characterization flaw in the scenario. That said, I'm not going to read that fic. It's going to be sitting in my "to read" list for a long time before I get to it. Wanna say something I'm missing? Because to me it seems you think that humans are invincible.

(edited)

Then I'm sorry I was an idiot.

I'll reiterate my point from earlier then: I think that "humanity" is not even close to being as important as an individual. I'm physician, every time I grab some snotty kid that needs an injection, I'm causing injury to this child. It is for a good reason, of course, and I know that. His mother knows that too. But the child is making a gigantic scene about it. If someone tells me that I shouldn't be giving this child this injection, I can get a book and show him that he has a disease and that this injection is important in order to treat this child and will benefit him in the long run. This is how I can see a possibility of ponification being acceptable, EVEN IF IT IS FORCED. This is patronizing, but it will be beneficial. Like I said, the key here is that the disease was not put into the child by some intelligent force.

However, since you said that the point here is enslaving, and not somehow helping, I'm assuming that the existence of the Barrier is intentional, i.e., Celestia is a bitch that has harmful intentions. In this case, give me a gun because I'm going to fight right next to you.

Next point: I'm questioning whenever Celestia is stupid enough to think that she can just make people turn into ponies, expecting them to be peaceful. IF she is conquering other worlds like this, she either has ways to control rebellion, or she is an idiot. I'm pointing to a characterization flaw in the scenario. That said, I'm not going to read that fic. It's going to be sitting in my "to read" list for a long time before I get to it. Wanna say something I'm missing? Because to me it seems you think that humans are invincible.

If the Ponies did not make the barrier, if no Human was forced to become a Pony, if they let Humans that don't want to became Ponies kill themselves by throwing themselves at barrier, if Ponies want save Humanity by stopping the barrir, or find some other way of saving us other than turning us into Ponies, by making us Human again in the mind, record our ideas and history. Then I would not hate TCB. Edited by Rush

If the Ponies did not make the barrir, if no Human was forced to become a Pony, if they let Humans don't want to became Ponies kill themselves by throwing themselves at barrier, if Ponies want save Humanity by stopping the barrir, or find some other way of saving us other than turning us into Ponies, by making us Human again in the mind. Then I would not hate TCB.

Curious that you say that. Because in Chatoyance's stories, ponies didn't make the Barrier. They don't force humans to become ponies. The ones that force humans into becoming ponies is either the PER (whose actions Celestia denounces) or the local governments. Ponies have tried and they can't stop the Barrier, as much as humans have tried everything they can and still can't stop the Barrier or even break it. Other ways have been tried but in that scenario the problem is that the "human creature" just can't survive in Equestria, and Chatoyance makes the mind, very realistically, a mirror of the body. Also, escaping into space is a problem because the barrier will come to a point where it will expand instantly, completely consuming the universe and them collapsing into itself, leaving nothing behind. This is why I can like her stories: they have a disaster movie feeling to them rather than a war movie (and I can look past the hate on mankind).

But I suppose you would prefer a story where not only all this happens, but, like you said, humans don't have to be ponified. Well, Yellowstone-verse is for you. No expansion of the Barrier and Earth and Equestria are nothing more than neighbors. Ever read anything in this universe?

(edited)

But I suppose you would prefer a story where not only all this happens, but, like you said, humans don't have to be ponified. Well, Yellowstone-verse is for you. No expansion of the Barrier and Earth and Equestria are nothing more than neighbors. Ever read anything in this universe?

No. Because I generally like 'Hunanity F%&k Yeah' anti TCB stories. They have action, blood and gore. And even many Ponies on the Human side of the war and canon Ponies helping Humanity against the TCB Ponies, like in Anti TCB story The Other Side Of The Spectrum.

That said, I do like fan fiction where Humans and Ponies are not at war.

Edited by Rush

No. Because I generally like 'Hunanity F%&k Yeah' anti TCB stories. They have action, blood and gore. And even many Ponies on the Human side of the war and canon Ponies helping Humanity against the TCB Ponies, like in Anti TCB story The Other Side Of The Spectrum.

That said, I do like fan fiction where Humans and Ponies are not at war.

Well, fair enough.

I think I'm going to have a more serious look at anti-TCB. So many people seem to like it.

(edited)

Well, fair enough.

I think I'm going to have a more serious look at anti-TCB. So many people seem to like it.

I recommenced, in no order the following fan fictions. 

The Other Side of the Spectrum, Not Alone, Not Alone: Conquer The Stars, Grey Scale, Setting Things Right, Ten Rounds, Ten Minutes, United We Stand, Final Message and last but not least A Dangerous Precedent.

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 1