Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your biggest fear?

Muffin

Extreme brain damage.

Why would you be afraid of that? I mean come on its already happened obviously why would you be afraid of it happening again? :3

Every nanosecond there are trillions upon trillions of stars, black holes, and nebulae, forming and unforming in the vast expanse of our universe, blaring out cosmic radiation in every direction - concentrated beams of electromagnetic rays powerful enough to strip our tiny Earth of all life. We may die - we may all die - and not only would we not see it coming, but we could do nothing about it if we did. We are but a pale blue dot balanced on the precipice of infinite darkness, living at the whim of giants.

That or, like, spiders.

• Brohoof 2

Every nanosecond there are trillions upon trillions of stars, black holes, and nebulae, forming and unforming in the vast expanse of our universe, blaring out cosmic radiation in every direction - concentrated beams of electromagnetic rays powerful enough to strip our tiny Earth of all life. We may die - we may all die - and not only would we not see it coming, but we could do nothing about it if we did. We are but a pale blue dot balanced on the precipice of infinite darkness, living at the whim of giants.

That or, like, spiders.

Welp

Well, you know, I do like vegetables.

This mans relevance. It is undefeatable. *hoofclap*

On an unrelated but still on topic note, why is spiders the most common fear?

• Brohoof 1

On an unrelated but still on topic note, why is spiders the most common fear?

It's a meme. Not in the internet sense, but in the subtle cultural sense - spiders being scary became a "thing" in our culture, and so spiders are widely presented as something scary, causing people to adopt arachnophobia subconciously, or to exaggerate their existing fear. Where the original nucleus of this cultural idea comes from, I don't know, but once it became a recognisable and definable concept it became exaggerated and expected.

• Brohoof 1

This is going to sound silly.... But.... Well.... I have an intense fear of falling in video games. Only platformers.

It started when I started playing Super Mario Bros 3 as a very small kid. I once played the game for 48 hours straight. That wasn't what did it though. That was fine. The problem was that I started having these crazy dreams when I was Mario and I would make it to the end of the level and I would be running towards the goal, then, I would just start falling - straight through the floor. Falling forever.

I can recall the feeling as though it was happening right now. The terrible knowledge that I am going to hit the ground and splatter. Looking down and seeing nothing but darkness. The horrible sinking feeling when I realized that I had no idea when I would stop falling and just hit the ground.

It wasn't the fall or even the knowledge that I was going to be obliterated. It was the horrible suspense of not having any clue when my last moments would be. I would never hit the ground. I would just wake up. In a cold sweat.

I'm not really afraid of many things at all, but, for some reason, every time I have a looonnng fall in a platform game I sometimes get that same feeling again. Of course, maybe because of this, platformers tend to be my favorite games. It adds a little extra spice to the gameplay. And, I still play a lot of Super Mario Bros 3....

Edited by HAL 9000

It's a meme. Not in the internet sense, but in the subtle cultural sense - spiders being scary became a "thing" in our culture, and so spiders are widely presented as something scary, causing people to adopt arachnophobia subconciously, or to exaggerate their existing fear. Where the original nucleus of this cultural idea comes from, I don't know, but once it became a recognisable and definable concept it became exaggerated and expected.

Well, right now this is how I am picturing most of you in this thread:

Posted Image

Well, right now this is how I am picturing most of you in this thread:

Yeah, it's kind of like that, only with more intense paranoia and possibly a mental breakdown. Also I'm not Carrot Top (yet).

Yeah, it's kind of like that, only with more intense paranoia and possibly a mental breakdown. Also I'm not Carrot Top (yet).

I guess I'm lucky that I grew up thinking very positive things about spiders. In Miami, I would often see beautiful spiny-bodied spiders and I knew they were out to eat the mosquitoes, which I hated very much. That, and I also like Charlotte's Web.

In Chile, when an uncle tried to troll me by throwing a tarantula on my lap, I just looked at it curiously and felt bad that the poor thing was already dead. I thought he was cute.

Oh, and later on in years, one of my favorite stores in Philadelphia, called Zipperhead at the time, had a pet tarantula. The store has now moved, been renamed to Crash Bang Boom and the tarantula passed away. :(

I'm terribly hydrophobic, which is weird because I'm a swimmer. I'm super scared of drowning. If I can't see the surface, I panic :S

I'm also scared of losing my family and intense pain.

And one of my weirder ones is mirrors. I HATE MIRRORS.

But my biggest fear is failure. I have breakdowns about school once a month, sometimes more than that. It's really scary. My mom's always freaked when it happens.

Edited by PinkieDaShy

Awwww, but spiders are cutsie and wootsie and quick as can be...

Posted Image

that's a cute picture (:

Forget spiders, I laugh as they cower at my might. I'm afraid of house centipedes- they always startle me whenever I see them, and I hate that they're so fast and I can't usually kill them.