Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A question about Pinkamena

Moonlight Magician

I'm pretty sure they're one in the same, Pinkamena is a psychotic version of Pinkie. I tried to read Cupcakes, but at a certain point, I scooted out and closed the tab.

• Brohoof 1

Anyway, Cupcakes was a terrible fanfic. :eww:

True.

That said, I interpret Pinkiemena as a seperate-yet-one-and-the-same sort of deal, a sort of other half of Pinkie that cannot exist independently of her. Sort of like if the dark traits in you had the ability to speak to you independently, that's what I think Pinkiemena is.

• Brohoof 1

I enjoyed the Cupcakes fan fiction as well as the videos. But that's partially because i dislike Rainbow Dash.

Anyway, Pinkamena Diane Pie is who Pinkie Pie becomes after she "Snaps", for lack of a better word. Same Pony, Radically different personality.

• Brohoof 1

I though Pinkamena Diane Pie was Pinkie's full name. Not some crazy, demented dark side of Pinkie. :huh:

Pinkamena Diane Pie is her full name. But it was what her parents called her when she was sad on the rock farm. Pinkie Pie is her friendly and happy name. Atleast that's how i interpenetrated it.

• Brohoof 1

Pinkamena Diane Pie is her full name. But it was what her parents called her when she was sad on the rock farm. Pinkie Pie is her friendly and happy name. Atleast that's how i interpenetrated it.

Ok! Thanks for clearing that up for me! It makes perfect sense! Thanks a bunch Evil Nightmares! :);)

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie and Pinkamena are the same pony. She doesn't become another pony and it's not even a case of schizo or disassociative identity disorder. XD

Basically, she's upset because she thinks her friends don't like her or her parties. This sadness causes her hair to deflate (which is kind of symbolic). She doesn't really go "mental" or "crazy" anymore than the normal Pinkie Pie would, by personifying some random objects to be her new friends. Sure she kind of twitches and junk, but Pinkie Pie is a very over-the-top pony. It just wouldn't be Pinkie if she wasn't exaggerating XD

Anyway, she clearly remembers what she did when she was depressed and instantly perks up when she realizes it was just a simple misunderstanding.

And also, calling her Pinkamena while she is in that depressive state was sort of a fan thing, not a canon show thing. They still called her Pinkie in the show. XD

• Brohoof 3

Pinkamena Diane Pie is Pinkie Pie's full name. Pinkamena is a second personality of Pinkie Pie created largely by the fandom and associated with the image of Pinkie Pie with flat hair. In Party Of One, Pinkie did not become Pinkamena, she was just sad Pinkie with flat hair (I should also point out that in Swarm of the century, Pinkie Pie had flat hair but wasn't crazy), and Pinkamena, as she appears in fan material, can be considered a character separate from canon Pinkie.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...