Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mane 6 as Daughters of Greek Gods

PsychedelicPony

If each of the Mane 6 were Demigods which Greek God would be their parent?

My list is:

Twilight: Athena

Pinkie Pie: Dionysus 

Rarity: Aphrodite 

Rainbow Dash: Hermes

Fluttershy: Pan

Applejack: Demeter

• Brohoof 2

Rarity's so hiiighhhheyaiigh....high above me, she's so lovely...she's so hiigghhhhhheyaiighhh...like Cleopatra, Joan of Arc, or Aphrodite...

First thing I thought of, sorry about that :D

I'd give Rarity Aphrodite :D

I don't know my greek gods, though, I just know Aphrodite because she's the namesake for the term "Aphrodisiac" :D

So, past that, I got nothin'.

• Brohoof 1

I'd switch Rarity to Apollo (for his love of art) and Fluttershy to Artemis, as she's closer to god of the animals. Also she's not as "in your face" as Pan.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight: Apollo. While Athena is the goddess of Wisdom, Apollo is the god of the sun, which is sort of what Celestia is, and Twilight is her student. Additionally, he is the god of poetry, prophecy, enlightenment, arts, and knowledge. Many of Athena's other domains involve strife, and that's not Twilight's thing. 

Pinkie Pie: Dionysus, obviously. The god of parties and festivals, chaos and ecstasy, and madness...that's pretty much Pinkie Pie.

Rarity: Hestia. Aphrodite is the goddess of beauty, but she is also adulterous and unwise, not to mention cruel at times. Hestia is the virgin goddess of hearth, home, and chastity, and that sounds far more like Rarity. (Alternative: Hera, the queen of the gods and the goddess of family, women, and by far the best dressed of the Olympians)

Rainbow Dash: Zeus. The god of sky, weather, thunder and lightning, and the supreme leader of the Olympians would almost certainly have a daughter who acted just like Rainbow Dash

Applejack: Like Pinkie Pie, this is an obvious answer. Demeter, the goddess of the harvest, grain, and agriculture in general. Applejack would be a far more suitable daughter to her than Persephone, who went off to rule as queen of Hades!

Fluttershy: Pan, the god of the wild, nature, and flocks and sheperds. He is also the god of the hunt, but I guess we can ignore that, because the only other animal and nature deity is Artemis, and she also includes the hunt. 

I'd switch Rarity to Apollo (for his love of art) and Fluttershy to Artemis, as she's closer to god of the animals. Also she's not as "in your face" as Pan.

It's true that both Artemis and Pan are good choices for an animal lover, and Pan is very outgoing. I gave the edge to him because Artemis is nearly always portrayed carrying a bow and arrow for hunting, which we know Fluttershy would never do. Also, while 'in your face', Pan is generally even-tempered and not vindictive or cruel, while Artemis has been known to smite mortals in a fit of pique without much provocation. 

• Brohoof 4

Also, while 'in your face', Pan is generally even-tempered and not vindictive or cruel, while Artemis has been known to smite mortals in a fit of pique without much provocation. 

Fluttershy has something she'd like to say:

• Brohoof 1

I have to agree with OP, on the selected choices.

Twilight: Apollo. While Athena is the goddess of Wisdom, Apollo is the god of the sun, which is sort of what Celestia is, and Twilight is her student. Additionally, he is the god of poetry, prophecy, enlightenment, arts, and knowledge. Many of Athena's other domains involve strife, and that's not Twilight's thing. 

If im not mistake, Prometheus is the only God of Intelligence with Athena as the Goddess of Wisdom.  However, I agree that Celestia is somewhat like Apollo and Twilight is somewhat like Athena. 

(edited)

I have to agree with OP, on the selected choices.

If im not mistake, Prometheus is the only God of Intelligence with Athena as the Goddess of Wisdom.  However, I agree that Celestia is somewhat like Apollo and Twilight is somewhat like Athena. 

This may be so, but intelligence, knowledge, and wisdom are three different things. Intelligence allows you to learn and understand things. Knowledge is the understanding of those things and how to use them. Wisdom is how you use your knowledge. 

Twilight has both intelligence and knowledge, but she is still working on wisdom. 

Edited by Something Floaty

I was thinking Artemis, but she is the maiden Goddess and doesn't have kids.

I got this.

AJ- Demeter (Goddess of the Harvest)

Rarity- Aphrodite (Goddess of Beauty)

Twi- Athena (Goddess of Wisdom and Battle Tactics)

Pinkie Pie- Dionysus (God of Booze and Partying)

Fluttershy- Pan (Satyr God of Nature)

RAINBOW DASH- Hermes (God of travel, patron of athletics) or maybe Iris (Goddess of the Rainbow, also a messenger)

• 3 years later...

Personally this is what I think would be suitable for the mane 6 of mlp: 

Twilight: Athena [Goddess of wisdom and battle strategies] :twilighthat:

Pinkie: Dionysus [God of wine, madness and partying] :pinkiecutehat:

Fluttershy: Pan [Satyr god of nature] :flutterhat:

Rainbow Dash: Zeus [God of the sky and heaven] :dashcutehat:

Apple Jack: Demeter [Goddess of the harvest] :applehat:

Rarity:Eros [God of love] :raritycutehat:

Most of you would ask me why Eros? Well Aphrodite can be cruel, angry and hurting. Eros is more understanding than her.... 

• Brohoof 2

On 12/28/2017 at 1:45 PM, Nav said:

Personally this is what I think would be suitable for the mane 6 of mlp: 

Twilight: Athena [Goddess of wisdom and battle strategies] :twilighthat:

Pinkie: Dionysus [God of wine, madness and partying] :pinkiecutehat:

Fluttershy: Pan [Satyr god of nature] :flutterhat:

Rainbow Dash: Zeus [God of the sky and heaven] :dashcutehat:

Apple Jack: Demeter [Goddess of the harvest] :applehat:

Most of you would ask me why Eros? Well Aphrodite can be cruel, angry and hurting. Eros is more understanding than her.... 

Hestia or Pshyce  may also be suitable

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2018 at 3:08 PM, StormBlaze said:

i cant decide on Dashie.

She'd be good as daughter to either: Athena, Zeus, Hermes or Apollo

Even more diffcult to choose considering the Pegasi race has a lot of greek based theming and settings.

I think it is best to make her Zeus.

In power ponies she was able to make storms and lightning. She is in charge of the weather and her cutie mark too.

• Brohoof 1