Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where would you like to live?

DubWolf

(edited)

No need to explain too much, but is there any place in the world you would like to live in besides your home (unless you really like your current home!)? You can be pretty open about this (you can say you want to live in the sky or underwater), but lets keep it 21st century unless you have to go overboard.

Personally, I'm probably going to have to move out of my hometown in Austin, Texas anyways despite it's great here since my career is going to require me moving elsewhere. I'm thinking about Dallas since it's not too far from home, they have jobs for my career, and it's still in Texas, if I decide I don't want to ever live outside of Texas.

Or maybe I want to live in Denver; I haven't been there, but I'm sure it's pretty up there next to the Rockies, as well as the scenery (it's flat in Texas), and maybe I'll get into skiiing or something (and get out of the heat!).

And no, I'm not thinking about moving out of the states. Anyone from these parts I mentioned?

Edited by Super80 Wolf

I live in Southern California which is pretty nice and I am happy here if I had to live anywhere else at all it would probably be Italy particularly the island on the boot Sicily. It has a similar climate to where I already live and I have some family there and know the culture quite and a little bit of the language though I could stand to brush up on that a wee bit more.

• Brohoof 1

No need to explain too much, but is there any place in the world you would like to live in besides your home (unless you really like your current home!)? You can be pretty open about this (you can say you want to live in the sky or underwater), but lets keep it 21st century unless you have to go overboard.

Personally, I'm probably going to have to move out of my hometown in Austin, Texas anyways despite it's great here since my career is going to require me moving elsewhere. I'm thinking about Dallas since it's not too far from home, they have jobs for my career, and it's still in Texas, if I decide I don't want to ever live out of Texas.

Or maybe I want to live in Denver; I haven't been there, but I'm sure it's pretty up there next to the Rockies, as well as the scenery (it's flat in Texas), and maybe I'll get into skiiing or something (and get out of the heat!).

And no, I'm not thinking about moving out of the states. Anyone from these parts I mentioned?

I lived in Dallas for almost 10 years.  I liked it there a lot- very diverse cultures, great shopping, lots to do.   Austin is beautiful too so it's a shame you have to leave.

Personally I love NYC but can't take the cold.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I lived in Dallas for almost 10 years.  I liked it there a lot- very diverse cultures, great shopping, lots to do.   Austin is beautiful too so it's a shame you have to leave.

Personally I love NYC but can't take the cold.

Funny thing, I was thinking about New York, although I've only been to its airport...on the Jersey side. I think it's self-explanatory why I'd pick there.

How's the weather in Dallas? I know it's colder and stormier (Austin is a "storm-deflector", at least the severe ones), but how are tornadoes and crime up there?

Edited by Super80 Wolf

To be honest, I would be happy spending the rest of my life in luton, but of course then I wouldn't be able to see my boyfriend. And that's a problem.

• Brohoof 1

I would love to move to Vancouver or go back to Toronto, but that is just because I don't want to leave Canada yet, but if I was to leave Canada I would consider moving to London, England for a while.

• Brohoof 1

Funny thing, I was thinking about New York, although I've only been to its airport...on the Jersey side. I think it's self-explanatory why I'd pick there.

How's the weather in Dallas? I know it's colder and stormier (Austin is a "storm-deflector", at least the severe ones), but how are tornadoes and crime up there?

It has been a while since I lived there.  I had my house broken into- turned out to be my next door neighbor - but I wasn't in the greatest neighborhood in the world.  I don't think you can get away from crime completely but overall, I felt safe there and I was a single woman at the time.

Most of the tornadoes touched down south of Dallas.  I had one in my neighborhood once when I wasn't home.  Sort of shocked me to find my patio umbrella in someone else's back yard but that was the extent of it and that was over a 10 year span.  I'm in California now so now we have earthquakes.  I don't think you can go anywhere without something.

Funny about NY.  I lived in the north for a long time growing up.  I visit in the cold but I can't imagine spending a winter in full winter again!  But the theatre, the shopping, the history, the art, I just love being there. 

Dallas probably has more than I even knew though.  I didn't have lots of money at the time so I'm guessing I missed a lot too.  It really was one of my favorite places to live.

It has been a while since I lived there.  I had my house broken into- turned out to be my next door neighbor - but I wasn't in the greatest neighborhood in the world.  I don't think you can get away from crime completely but overall, I felt safe there and I was a single woman at the time.

Meh, that happens in Austin too, especially in the sketchy areas of town.

Most of the tornadoes touched down south of Dallas.  I had one in my neighborhood once when I wasn't home.  Sort of shocked me to find my patio umbrella in someone else's back yard but that was the extent of it and that was over a 10 year span.  I'm in California now so now we have earthquakes.  I don't think you can go anywhere without something.

Ehhh  :lol:, I beg to differ. The worst weather we get is never very severe. Most damage I experienced was 9 years ago with a hail storm that broke some windows. Other than that, it's safe in terms of weather (thought the heat can be unbearable). Hope Cali's treating ya well.

Meh, that happens in Austin too, especially in the sketchy areas of town.

Ehhh  :lol:, I beg to differ. The worst weather we get is never very severe. Most damage I experienced was 9 years ago with a hail storm that broke some windows. Other than that, it's safe in terms of weather (thought the heat can be unbearable). Hope Cali's treating ya well.

Then maybe I need to move to Austin!  Well I doubt there are many places that can duplicate that.  Dallas got hot too but everything there had air condition so I really didn't feel it as much.

I do love it in California. I'm close enough to San Francisco to get my big city fix when I need it.

(edited)

Then maybe I need to move to Austin!  Well I doubt there are many places that can duplicate that.  Dallas got hot too but everything there had air condition so I really didn't feel it as much.

I do love it in California. I'm close enough to San Francisco to get my big city fix when I need it.

Duplicate what? I forgot to mention, the traffic makes Austin seem like a big city, in a bad way  >_>.

I haven't been to the West Coast :7.

I spoke too soon about the weather, I hear some heavy rain pounding those windows! 

Edited by Super80 Wolf

(edited)

Duplicate what? I forgot to mention, the traffic makes Austin seem like a big city, in a bad way  >_>.

I haven't been to the West Coast :7.

I spoke too soon about the weather, I hear some heavy rain pounding those windows! 

I meant not many cities can duplicate your wonderful weather.  Dallas has a lot of traffic too.  So does NYC but if you can afford to live in the city you probably won't have to drive- you would take public transit.

Edited by Diva Pony
  • Brohoof 1

I'd want to live in a small peaceful town where there isn't a whole lot of neighboring residents, but still just enough to get by of course... And I'd love to live in a house like Fluttershy's, basically the same general house with maybe a few alterations... ^0^

I would love to live in the US of course. I wish. I could meet up with gamers and bronies there.

And I want to live in New York if it is a specific place in the country. The cons I really want to attend is E3 and Brony Con

I might also want to stay in japan but I can't speak Japanese

Currently living in the Philippines. :P

Somewhere up in the Northeast... I've always thought Maine.

As opposed to where I live - educators are paid better, it's a lot less religious, it's a lot less conservative, and the weather... The weather is worlds better. Cooler (Springs there are nice, instead of hot!) and far less severe thunderstorms.

I'm originally from Las Vegas and moved to Iowa for school, and I can't get used to being in a smaller city... I always thought I'd like living somewhere like where I'm at, but I'm way too accustomed to living in a 24 hour town to be able to adjust.  

I like the idea of moving to California.  California seems to have a pretty nice balance between the obnoxiously hot and dry weather in Las Vegas and the obnoxiously cold and wet weather in Iowa.  Plus they actually have decent sized cities :P

I live in the north of Italy, and depite all.. i still love my country, i love the places.. my village, the alps and the hills, the air and most of the peoples... it would be really sad for me to leave.. if i have to.. i will still stay in Europe, probably switzerland, Germany, or Sweden,  outiside Europe just canada and australia on my watch

I wouldn't mind living in Canada and I plan on moving there in the future. Living here in Ohio is fine I guess, but if I don't move to Canada, I would at least like to visit. 

Canada.

The US is fucked, both economically and socially. I was originally planning on moving to Texas, but after some deep thought I realized that Canada is just, well, better. Plus Canadians are generally nicer. Generally.

Canada.

The US is fucked, both economically and socially. I was originally planning on moving to Texas, but after some deep thought I realized that Canada is just, well, better. Plus Canadians are generally nicer. Generally.

Canada is like a much better version of the United States, plus there are moose (or meese?).

Why Texas? Are you fan of mild winters, barbecues :b, the "Wild West" theme (not so much anymore ), or yours truly :lol:?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I live in NY and I love it here. The winters are perfect and the weathers great! I've been to Canada a few times and I'd love to live there. Canada's an awesome place. Australia, France, or Northern California are places I would like to live/visit .I prefer suburbs and cities, remote places meh. I like being around people.

Edited by Twilight Luna~<3