Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where would you like to live?

DubWolf

I live in New Jersey and go to school in Pennsylvania, if I were to move and stay in the states, I would either go to Massachusetts or Texas. I know those are vastly different states, but I have my reasons. Every time I go to Mass. I feel like I'm home and I belong there. I love Massachusetts, but I love the culture and weather of Texas. If I were moving anywhere in the world though, I'd be on the next plane to Ireland. It's my dream place to live and hopefully one day I can get there permanently. 

At one point I would say "Take me back to Tohoku!" But I love America too much to leave it. I'd gladly visit Japan as much as I can, I miss my host family that tolerated my terrible grammar.

My dream place to live that will never happen is on the beach in California or Hawaii. I love California, born and raised in SoCal, but I love Hawaii too. Would not provide a lot of job opportunities for me though.

I currently live in a tiny town in Illinois.

The town is small, safe, and all farm.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice place, but Illinois isn't..

I plan on moving to Colorado at some point when I get older because I want to be by colder weather.

I have been to Canada for a vacation before and it was beautiful; absolutely breathtaking.

However, I was only in the ski resort area of Canada, so I didn't see the towns or anything.

I refuse to go anywhere hot/humid, let alone live there.

That includes Texas, Florida, California, Hawaii, Arizona, etc.

It's always been my dream to live in Europe, but I've found that I prefer the climate in the PNW. Every time I leave I realize how beautiful it is here.

It would still be amazing to live in Europe but as long as I can travel a lot I'd be able to live almost anywhere.

The one place I wish I could live but know I can't is Israel. It honestly felt like home and I got homesick after leaving there, but I don't think I would thrive in that culture or be able to learn the language(s).

I'd love to live in Florida or some place where its hot or even just move somewhere to the mainland in Canada where there's more people. I'm getting tired of all the cold/rainy/foggy days where I live (Newfoundland). I often feel like there's a lot I'm missing out on living on an Island. Thing is I would need somebody to go with cause I wouldn't want to go on my own and leave my friends/family :(. That's the hardest part.

I like it here in northern europe, Sweeden, Norway, Iceland or Denmark. Scandinavian countries are simlar so I would have an easy time fitting in. Iceland would be harder, but my dad could probably teach me Icelandic.

If I had to go somewhere else, Australia, New Zealand or Chile.

Seems to be nice places, Chile is the perfered one tho.

Edited by A CrayZ Cat
  • Brohoof 1

I'm from southeastern Michigan and I'm pretty content with where I live currently. I have been here my whole life and most of my family is in the area as well.

Moving to a different location in southeastern Michigan would be a nice change of scenery, though. Honestly I'm a fan of the Metro Detroit area, and actually downtown Detroit isn't the crime-ridden hellhole that people make it out to be (that's some of the suburbs... stay away from those). I dunno if I would live there, but I have several friends who do plus a little bit of family, so it wouldn't surprise me if I did end up moving near the area at some point in my life.

I have been to both Chicago and New York City, and I love both places, but I'm not sure if I would want to live in either place. I would like to visit both places more often than I currently do, though.

I have also been to the east coast and it is beautiful out there (and some places on the east coast have direct access to the ocean, which is awesome) but again not sure if I would like to live there.

Florida, however... I am from Michigan so I can take the humidity (our summers can get very hot and very humid) and this past winter was just awful up here. I honestly wouldn't mind a milder winter. So, if I had to move to some faraway state, it'd be Florida. Humidity is my friend. I also have a horrible ragweed allergy that clogs my sinuses and apparently in Florida there isn't a whole lot of ragweed... seriously last summer I was driving up to northern Michigan and I rolled down the window of my car and immediately my sinuses swelled to the point where I couldn't breathe at all. It would be nice to not live off Sudafed for the rest of my life.

Edited by RockinRarity

I'm rather content with living in Norway. Our goverment may not be the best at times, but at least i can live a proper life.

While i would like to visit other countries, i can't see myself moving there.

• 2 years later...

Honestly, I'm fine where I live in Minnesota, but if I HAVE to move, I'd choose to move somewhere that isn't scorching hot in the summer like Texas or Arizona.

• Brohoof 1

I really miss the weather in western Washington state, other than the tons of rain that fell... Ah but the lack of absurd heat indexes was nice, and the snow was... well... existent, and no absurd wind chills. Fewer thunderstorms. Ahh yes. Much better than the boiling pot of southeastern Texas.

Eh that's probably the best place for my climatic tastes, and political ones as well (Texas is WAY too conservative for me :( )

Edited by TwillyFSniper