Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Worst game in your favorite gaming series

~Sugar Sprinkles~

Halo: Halo Wars

Everyone hates on ODST, but I enjoyed it well enough. Halo Wars was promising in that I like Command & Conquer games, RTS games, IMO, don't belong on a console. They work SO much better on a PC. Plus, with all the work and only putting out one UNSC campaign and no campaign for the Covenant, it wasn't worth $60 at any point in time. Also, this may be just because I don't like RTS on consoles, but I found the campaign obnoxiously difficult, even on Easy. C&C if something didn't work, I could try a different approach, but HW just seemed too one-sided in favor of the Covenant and the Flood.

Battlefield: BF4

Even though I only started with BF3, the amount of changes they made for BF4 is staggering and really annoying to me. The controls all changed, the menu systems all changed, and I don't think I even have to mention the server issues!

Fable: Fable 3

I didn't like that they changed the Will controls from the set-up in Fable: The Lost Chapters (my favorite of the series), even though they changed that in Fable 2. I was really annoyed that you had to decide which gauntlets you wanted to use, rather than just the ability to switch quickly between spells. (Some of the spell combos were pretty awesome to watch though). The first half of the game is fine, but once you become King/Queen, the game focuses on politics and choices that just drag it out into boring nothingness.

(edited)

Well, the Half-Life series is 100% awesome, so I guess can't say anything about that. So, onto my second favourite series, the Arkham games. To be specific, Batman: Arkham Origins

post-18648-0-58782900-1396982648_thumb.jpg

Arkham Origins is GODAWFUL! It's disfunctional, it's broken beyond belief and almost unplayable! Huge step down from the other two Arkham games. Biggest waste of money ever! Oh yeah, and Warner Bros. flat out said they're not gonna fix it!

Edited by GrauWitz

Zelda Spirit Tracks: First off I am not a fan of the motion controls but what really pissed me off was not being able to get past this part where I play this instrument and blow into the microphone at exactly the right moments. I tried literally everything and nothing worked so I said "to hell with this" and ragequit. Other than that though I would say the "Zelda" games on the short lived Phillips CDI console although counting them as Zelda games at all makes me cringe with just horrible those pieces of crap were.

Mario: Can't think of any really bad Mario games except for this one Mario game on the Phillips Cdi but like the Zelda games I mentioned earlier it is so bad it shouldn't even be counted as a game in the series.

Sonic: Sonic and the Secret Rings. The controls are stiff, unresponsive and awkward and the boring, monotonous music makes me want to chop my ears off.

• Brohoof 1

Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Paper Mario, what have they DONE to you? How did they screw up such a simple formula this bad? It just makes me angry thinking about it; they basically took out everything I loved about the series and replaced it all with the sticker gimick. I was hoping for a portable N64 reincarnation on the 3ds, that certainly what wasn't what came out of it.

Pokemon Channel. Here's an idea guys! Let's make a console game, requiring a TV of course, about watching TV! Brilliant! Start coding immediately!

Pokemon Dash. A pokemon racer, how can you screw that up? Let's see... crappy touch controls only, you can only play as pikachu in solo mode, the AI is cheap as hell, there's nothing extra like a story and the biggest and only legitimate selling point of the game is the inclusion of munchlax as one of the racers. You can't play as him anyway, so not that it really matters. It's basically shovelware.

Sonic 06. I don't hate it though, it's actually kind of funny in some respects... Probably not intended to be seen that way though.

• Brohoof 2

Sonic Unleashed and Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. Platinum was great but diamond and pearl was completely poop and felt really off. Gen 4 pokemon are just so awkward and the fact that 90% of them are new evolutions of old pokemon was just.....awful.

Halo 4... Not really my fave series. More like my second fave. buuut.. since my fave was awesome all the way (Quest for Glory FTW!!!)

MS went all out re-writing Halo history right down to re-writing the books just to acclimate this new enemy, and writing new books to set it up better... Nixing the original writer to get the job done.

And the new armors that 343 designed.. OMFG.. what were they smoking?

even the female models for the game... like stick figures wearing body armor... just.. not right...

I concur...........I can come up with the good things Halo 4 had and the bad things they had. 

• Brohoof 2

As some have mentioned already: Sonic '06, we've heard all the stories, art styles that clash horribly (think the freakin' blue hedgehog in a Final Fantasy-esque setting in the opening cutscene, terrible story, the awkward forced romance between Sonic and Elise, the horrible controls, unbearable mach segments, the bad bland graphics for an seventh gen title, the horrendous loading times and of course the hoards upon hoards of glitches!!

It was a terrible game and everyone should play it!

• Brohoof 1

FUCK Megaman X7 right up the anal crevice 

I need to add MW3 to my list too. Really disappointing way to end the series imo(even though the part with Price was pretty cool)

(edited)

I concur...........I can come up with the good things Halo 4 had and the bad things they had.

Oh it had a lot of good, but the things that bit me hardest were the broken lore they re-wrote (I'm a lore buff :P ) and the armors (I FREAKEN LOVE THE ARMORS BUNGIE DESIGNED!!!  and those were doable. these new freaky armors are... just odd...they don't make any sense with all the floating pieces and exposed area's :/ )

Good gameplay, good voice work, great gfx, and the MP tweaks made it more fast paced (which is kind of a so/so deal really)

for the story it worked with, it didn't do to bad. But like with the other games, you kind of need to know the books to get the story :/

and in this instance also the re-written history. Though in connectiong with the original games and stories.. it falls flat.. the retcon should've been an all new series, not a build off the original :( its time to let the chief go IMO.

But as the series of games goes.. it was the worst in the main line.. and not a very good first entry by 343 :(

I can only hope they either stick to their guns, or make 5 a better game.

By sticking to their guns I mean not backing down on what they already created and pulling a "redo" by backtracking the art/story through in game changes to these things..

Something they essentially did in H4 with the flashback vids and such, where they showed the original S2's in this new style armor :/

Edited by GrimCW

(edited)

Halo 4 ditches this great mode [Firefight] for Spartan Ops. Oh God, Spartan Ops... First off, yes, I realize this was intended to be played with friends. I get it...

BUT! If you give me the option to play by myself (which it does), then I expect some appropriate difficulty scaling. Does it do that? ABSOLUTELY NOT! There are hundreds of times you'll just walk into a room, then suddenly have like 35 thousand Prometheans just beam in and kill you. There's so many of them, you can barely react effectively! I spent more time getting angry with Spartan Ops than enjoying it.

This.

Oh it had a lot of good, but the things that bit me hardest were the broken lore they re-wrote (I'm a lore buff :P ) and the armors (I FREAKEN LOVE THE ARMORS BUNGIE DESIGNED!!!  and those were doable. these new freaky armors are... just odd...they don't make any sense with all the floating pieces and exposed area's :/ )

Good gameplay, good voice work, great gfx, and the MP tweaks made it more fast paced (which is kind of a so/so deal really)

for the story it worked with, it didn't do to bad. But like with the other games, you kind of need to know the books to get the story :/

and in this instance also the re-written history. Though in connection with the original games and stories.. it falls flat.. the retcon should've been an all new series, not a build off the original :( its time to let the chief go IMO.

But as the series of games goes.. it was the worst in the main line.. and not a very good first entry by 343 :(

I'm also a big fan of Halo lore! What pissed me off about it was that when they were asked about Reach not matching with the original trilogy + books, Bungie essentially said "The games are cannon, the books are not." This totally threw me because the books filled in all the details very sensibly! Then they handed everything over to 343 and they just CoD'd the multiplayer. HOWEVER, the upgrade system in Halo 4 is MUCH better than the Perk System in CoD hands down. H4 lets you adjust your style of play, but each ability has pros and cons, much like Reach's abilities did. CoD's perk system just made it so that whoever had played the most, got the best perks and it became EXTREMELY difficult for players new to the game to accomplish anything in multiplayer. It takes a lot for me to beat someone who had been playing since the game game out. H4, I didn't play multiplayer until after I finished the campaign and by then, people were over SR50 and were specializing, but I could still kill them just the same! H4 is much more balanced in that regard.

A big problem for me was how drastically 343i changed the appearance of both Chief and the Covenant. Sure they're a zealot-faction, but they look like entirely new species! Yes, the appearances changed through Reach, 1, 2, & 3, but they still looked the same, just with better detail and armor upgrades.

I miss the Armor in Reach as well. The armor in H4 looks retarded! I agree with all that was said about the armor in H4! Took me forever to find a decent helmet (the new Hazop was OK, and I really came to settle on the new Operator).

Oh well, H5 looks tantalizing enough for now, despite an extremely vague trailer, but I'm more anxious to play Halo 2 Anniversary, if and when it comes along!

Not to mention Bungie's new Destiny game has me salivating!

Edited by PE Brony
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
Bungie essentially said "The games are cannon, the books are not."

On the bonus side here, the books and Reach didn't cross to much. And for what little they did a slightly revised version of the reach book did get made.

The only thing that truly got terrorized is the concept of long term career Spartans among the S3 project :(

(S3's were cheaply made suicide squads  of forced conscripts. that were given "enhanced" (see also tweaked illegally) versions of the genetic mods the S2's had.  for those who don't know..)

If they'd used the S1's, or ODST's it would've been fine, but with the S3's... man.. that just ruined it....

Hell, given the point in time, they could've used all S2's (Jorge was one.. so why not the others?!) and even saved themselves the task of writing whole profiles for the new spartans given the S2's didn't have much behind them.. but with this new band they needed individual histories for each one and career dates, commissions.. it made more work for them...

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 1

On the bonus side here, the books and Reach didn't cross to much. And for what little they did a slightly revised version of the reach book did get made.

The only thing that truly got terrorized is the concept of long term career Spartans among the S3 project :(

If they'd used the S1's, or ODST's it would've been fine, but with the S3's... man.. that just ruined it....

Hell, given the point in time, they could've used all S2's (Jorge was one.. so why not the others?!) and even saved themselves the task of writing whole profiles for the new spartans given the S2's didn't have much behind them.. but with this new band they needed individual histories for each one and career dates, commissions.. it made more work for them...

The "Fall of Reach" book explains really what happened to the majority of the S-II's and had a few key descriptions of characters. I don't think they could really do much with the S-I's though, seeing as it was years before the Human-Covenant War even began and there weren't many anyway. But you're right in that they didn't have to change much from the book to accommodate the S-III's being there. 

But seriously, the S-III's were suicide-mission oriented--used to undertake massive battles with little-to-no survivability. When they decided to say, "Oh yeah, btw, some of them were reassigned instead" and used them over S-II's for the Fall of Reach? Really? C'mon! Sure they were Bad-A**'s in their own regard, but the only one I came to love from Noble Team was Jorge! They'll just never size up to the S-II's in physical size, or ability!

• Brohoof 1

Out of the WoW Expansions, Burning Crusade was my least favorite. They still hadn't streamlined the game to make leveling not a total pain in the ass, I never got to see any of the end game content. I quit the game for some time and only came back for WOTLK, which was essentially my golden age of that game.

Ill say Final Fantasy XII, game just tried to be way to "new" and ended up throwing out the most important part of any FF game and that would the making the player actually play. Once i got the gambit system in place it was just a matter of making sure the switches were timed and I could go make a sandwhich while the game played itself. Also dont get me started on that games License system. It was an attempt to recreate the Sphere grid in a new way and they botched it. VG cats said it best.

061105.jpg

• Brohoof 2

My favorite game franchise is Pokemon.

I love all the games, but I have to say that I REALLY didn't like Pokemon Battle Revolution or the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series.

Mario: Super Mario Galaxy 2, because it accentuated the problems I had with the first, which it was far from perfect, in fact, it what made me throw away my WII in the first place

Zelda: Twilight Princess, I dunno, the game lacked personality, I dunno, but I liked Midna at least  :yay:

Castlevania: 1 and 3 for the NES (I finishes the former with exhaustion, and the latter I left it halfway), far too frustrating and cheap for my liking. Heck, I can handle any Ninja GAYden way better than those slow-ass Belmonts, speaking of which

Ninja GAYden: 3 for the NES, because of the fake difficulty by localization, hell, I bet I can handle the moderns Master Ninja better than that

Kid Icarus: Myth and Monsters, for GB, at least compared with the original and Uprising, but a great game nonetheless

Metroid: Prime Hunters, too much focus on multiplayer, and controls are not fit for it 

Pokemon mystery Dungeon is my favorite, and Blue/Red Rescue Team being the best for me. (I found out that everyone who dislike this game didn't even passed Zapdos)

When Gates to Infinity arrived, I bought it, and it was one of the biggest disappointment in my life. Less pokemons, they "improved" the graphics, making it all worse, adding useless mechanics, removing hunger and lots of thing. The fun has been destroyed.

Silent Hill is my favorite video game series.

I love 1, 2, 3, and 0rigins. I would not consider 4 or Downpour the worst of the series. Shattered Memories was also okay.

Homecoming was definitely the worst, in my opinion. In fact, on my first playthrough if i remember correctly I got abducted by aliens 1/3 of the way through the game. Either that happened or I just didn't bother making it through the sewers. At any rate, I quit playing the game after the sewers. It wasn't the Silent Hill I love. :(

(edited)

*Warning, rant may contain some offensive language.*

Metroid- Other M. This game is infamous for it's character assassination of one of video game's biggest badasses in Samus, a terrible storyline that arrogantly retconned the acclaimed prime trilogy and caused so many continuity issues in the series that the only way to fix it is by retconning everything that happened in Other M, and also made Metroid Fusion's story appear so awkward and stupid from what happened in Other M. I hope Retro comes in and saves this franchise from obscurity and especially give Yoshio Sakamoto a slice of humble pie so he can start respecting their work on his series because I feel if not for the prime trilogy, the series would only reach to retro hardcore gamers and 2d sidescrollers gamers because he seems like he's just trying to suck off to his Masterpiece in Super Metroid and doesn't seem like he wants to innovate unless it's done in his way that still bears resemblance to the 2d side scroller metroids (note, no analog stick in a 3d enviroment).

COD Ghosts: While I was never a big fan of COD Modern Warfare (I prefered BF2 over it), the huge amount of disservice Infinity Ward threw at the PC gamers and even lazier programming and design than the usual lazy work they've done since Modern Warfare one has me convinced that the Infinity Ward everyone knows is dead. If you want a more quality COD game, hope Sledgehammer succeeds and/or look to Treyarch as they seem to be only one of the two proven COD studios to actually give a crap still. Activision seriously needs to give the series a break if they want to continue to milk it because it's about to reach it's critical threshhold and lose alot of interest from consumers because they are now starting to realize they've been playing COD modern warfare reskinned versions for the past several years.

Mass Effect 3: Not only was the ending terrible and just one too many plotholes that goes against the series's direction it was building up to go to, but there were many issues with it as well such as making the Rachni Queen arc in Mass Effect 1 decision irrelavant by making it a 'choose if you like the Krogan or Rachni more' sidequest. Since then, I've never even touched the Mass Effect trilogy for just how bad the third game ended up, and I lost alot of respect for Bioware for their response to many legit criticisms of their game and the promise they broke when they said 'your decisions in the trilogy matter for the ending', when they actually lied and even a company responsible for checking up on whether a company lied is suing them.

Now my rant is done, thank you.

Edited by Nuke87654

(edited)

Coming off the heels of my favorite game of all time, Super Paper Mario is nothing but a letdown in every regard. Nearly everything that was built up (gameplay, characters, worlds, ect) was cast to the wayside in favor of something more like traditional Mario but with an RPG feel...that failed miserably. The supporting characters are all literally two-dimensional sprites with maybe a paragraph of dialogue each and the tiniest inklings of what one could call a personality and the game is absurdly easy, with the basic strategy being "jump on things enough times until they die".  

Megaman Battle Network 4. Oh boy...what can I say about this thing and still be somewhat PG? And yes, this is a "thing" because I refuse to call it a game by any definition of the word. This isn't a game so much as an anti-game, everything fun about the Battle Network series has been replaced with frustration due to bad gameplay mechanics. The core gameplay is still there, but nearly every addition they made only serves to ruin the game further and that's an achievement considering it sucked from the get-go. Not to mention that the story is garbage, held together by a series of non-connected and unimportant random scenarios (many of which want to make me tear my hair out) and the actual "plot" can probably fit on a half a dozen pages or so.  The thing is literally a chore to play through, to the point that I have to actively fight with it in order to make it work, thus breaking the number one rule of video games: "It must be fun to play."

Edited by PoisonClaw

Metroid Prime Hunters. Why did they go for such a crappy control scheme, when Metroid Prime's control scheme would have worked just fine? I was actually preparing to use my Metroid Prime skills on the DS. Instead, i got Stormtrooper aim.

Sad thing is Metroid Prime Hunters had a lot of potential...