Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I'd like to do Tarot readings (free), trying to reach someone at events

rpatrician

I sometimes amuse myself at conventions by doing free tarot readings for people. I don't take any payment or tips, it's just for fun. I just need to bring a small folding table and two chairs. However I wanted to check with someone to make sure this is okay before I haul the table and chairs all the way to the convention. 

I'm not part of con staff so I couldn't say for sure, but my guess would be that you couldn't.  Based on the vendors hall charts and the schedule, the con is already using up almost all of the convention center's space, so pretty much any place that you could set up a table is going to be blocking something like a walkway which on top of logistical issues is a fire hazard.  

You could always shoot the staff an email to ask for sure, but since they've already finalized their programming and vendors hall plans, I'd say that they probably will have to say no.

I think if you bring the cards and just set them up on at free table (ie in the Atrium) or on the ground somewheres (not like there is people playing cards on the ground anyway.