Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is there a way to fix the copy/paste problem with Internet Explorer

baltoist
Go to solution Solved by Adorkable,

ive seen a topic talking about this but anytime I try to use any other browser my computer ether has really bad lag or freezes I just want to know if there is a way to fix it on internet explorer

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Hi @baltoist, sorry for the late reply.

What is the copy/paste problem you are experiencing?

• Brohoof 1

Anytime I try to click paste on ether a topic or pm it dose nothing

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Do you mean that if you attempt to copy text, and then paste it into the box for a topic or a PM, nothing shows up?

Yep people ask me for links and stuff and I can't also I've recently noticed that my quote botton isn't working ether

This is happening with Internet Explorer, right? I've noticed a lot of people say that they experience technical issues with this site when using that browser. I know you say you have crashing problems with other browsers, but could you try out a browser such as Chrome and see if the pasting issue or the quote button issue occurs when browsing MLP Forums with that?

• Brohoof 1

Hi! ^^

If the "click paste" isn't working, why not try holding in CTRL on your keyboard, then hitting the "V" key. That's what I usually use instead of clicking, and it's a lot quicker too, I think. ^^

Also, be sure that you actually copied the text or link you're trying to share, sometimes it doesn't work when you think it does! Along with highlighting text and right clicking to copy, remember you can also use CTRL + C to copy! ^^

I hope this helps you out! ^^ (\

• Brohoof 1

crtl v don't work ether and chrome is what I had to get rid of cuz it crashed my computer

Have you tried using Firefox?

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad this topic's here. I've been having the same problems with copy/pasting text from MS-Word for a thread via internet explorer. The quote button also doesn't work for me on internet explorer.

Copy/paste works completely fine on other websites for whatever reason.

I actually never had this problem until we got a new computer, this new internet explorer is horrible at running flash elements and anything beyond basic functions for a computer. Seeing as the text boxes are partially different here that might be why I cant paste here.

I hate internet explorer. I switched to Firefox ages ago and never had any problems since. There's also a Firefox add-on which means you can copy and paste everywhere.

Apart from Firefox and Chrome, there's Opera and Safari; not very well known browsers so perhaps not so many problems?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It sounds like this is manely a problem with your browser, did you try switching to Firefox? It seems to work a little better with the forums than Internet Explorer. ^^"

If using CTRL+C and CTRL+V doesn't work, then you may want to consider changing browsers. ^^"

Edited by Adorkable
A few minor changes, member already stated that Chrome causes computer to crash.
  • Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.