Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

advanced 'Wandering' - early concept (1x1 or small group, character building, advanced)

The Elusive Cinder

(edited)

RP

My large RP has slowed down, so now seems like an opportune time to post my much smaller (but equally important!) RP concept.

~Wandering~

This is going to be a small RP - quite likely a 1x1 but possibly up to a group of four. I'm going to be extremely critical of accepting characters: I might not be happy that any of the applications quite meet the requirements I need and not run this at all! (Hopefully not, but y'know!)

I am aiming for a shared responsibility, character driven RP. To follow a few characters around as they band together out of mutual benefit while trying to achieve their own individual goals - whatever those might be. There will be no set 'theme' or restrictions on topic since it will be character driven - but it will probably be dialogue heavy with only patches of action: presuming action actually fits with the characters and their stories.
The idea of this is to explore the characters personalities more, not to actually achieve their goals. They might not make any progress at all: they might end up further away from success than when they began.

Ideally, I'm looking for roleplayers who:

• Can write a decent length post. This will be an advanced RP.
  • Have a basic grasp of spelling and grammar.
  • Can write their own contribution to the story equally. I will only know about my own characters to begin with: you'll need to support your own until I know them well enough.

In addition, I'm looking for characters who:

• Are compatible with canon. (Not necessarily canon, but no cyborgs, time lords, Alicorns, humans, ect.)
  • Are not unnecissarily dark. (I'll be honest, being abused by your parents wasn't a fun character concept before it was done a thousand times over.)
  • Don't have their entire existence based solely on a single attribute.

There will be no set 'plan' - each player will need to take initiative to create the story: It's not going to be a 'follow the leader' exercise - contributions need to be equal, including things like guiding the plot on occasion.

The big thing is that everyone will be expected to work together to realize each others stories: sometimes a characters own story will be the focus, while sometimes they might have to take a backseat to focus on someone elses. Maybe new stories and goals will be born: maybe characters will change, learn from their experiences... The key here is If you are here solely for your own character, you're in the wrong place.

Screening and Acceptance.

I'm always very thorough with screening anyway but this time, I'm going to be extremely selective and picky: I might even decide that nobody really feels 'right', so don't apply if getting turned down would offend you. I have a lot of quirks when it comes to roleplaying: I'm very 'set in my ways'.

(More likely, folks have learned how irritating I am by now and steer clear! Heh...)

Edited by Cinderscribe
  • Brohoof 2

I'd be interested in something like this, indefinitely I've been fascinated in going into more depth about my character and his goals or personality in this case.

My OC is an Alicorn, but I will change and make other alterations if need be.

@

Ooo, this sounds fun...  And I have a new OC that a story-developing type Roleplay would be wonderful for, and a team story-building exercise sounds amazing.  I dunno if you're sick of me or not, but I'd be happy to join in if you'd have me Cinder.  The character I had in mind was Mirage Star, let me know what you think?

(edited)

Well, well, well. Look at what we 'ave 'ere. You think you're so tough, eh? Well, then. That kinda hurts my feelings.

Anyways, this sounds totally tubular, and thus I would very much appreciate it if you were to consider my application. Preferably, I would like to use my character Ambrosia, as I haven't used her in any RP yet that has allowed me to explore her character in any sort of depth.

Edited by Aged Rain

(edited)

Awesome: it's not just me who likes the idea then?

I'll want to have a quick scan over any characters I bring along to see what sort of dynamics they might have together - but I'm glad to see some intrest already. Key thing is that I want to keep this real small.

This shall be done on my wakening though, for it is now time!

... For sleep. It's half one in the morning.

I have a question: Does this RP take place in the same universe as Walls, or is it a different thing entirely?

I guess that it would do, I hadn't really considered it but walls seems too big an influence on my characters to ignore now. :P Edited by Cinderscribe
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Not sure if I'll apply to join just yet. I'm unsure about whether or not I can hit the 800 character limit in an advanced RP, you see, but I am interested.

Edited by Windbreaker

@

Nope plenty of others seem to like it too.

Have a good night's sleep then. :)

(Technically speaking it only has influence on Kingfisher, Redwave, and Amethyst so far (As far as i know at any rate :derp: )... Though it might be fun to play in the Walls universe provided we keep the stories separate :P)

Okay, so I'm leaning towards using Bardic Knowledge myself - he needs to develop some.

So, here's who I'm (possibly) going to be using!

Bardic Knowledge

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/bardic-knowledge-kazemde-r4072

A scholar hailing from saddle Arabia: born of a mostly unicorn family who travelled to the desert continent many generations ago. Tall and wiry, his size is the only thing about him which is physically intimidating: he's a thinker and isn't particularly capable in any form of physical activity.

Bardic has studied all he can about the ways of the Bard - wanderers who channel magic through charisma and force of will, rather than conventional spells. His studies have been mostly inefficient so far, but he has learned enough to start feeling the effects. The wanderlust of the Bard is setting in and Bardic is finding for the first time in his life that he needs to move. Go somewhere - anywhere at all: he just can't stay locked away any longer.

He is charismatic and persuasive: a gifted storyteller and singer. Most importantly though, he is incredibly well read. Bardic 'absorbs' knowledge: he recalls books, stories and tales at a moments notice with flawless accuracy, and the huge array of texts he gasmd read make him capable of improvising skills which he has never even attempted before - with varying degrees of success.

Anyone who is in 'Walls' - this will be set before that RP.

Okay, so I'm leaning towards using Bardic Knowledge myself - he needs to develop some.

So, here's who I'm (possibly) going to be using!

Bardic Knowledgehttp://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/bardic-knowledge-kazemde-r4072

A scholar hailing from saddle Arabia: born of a mostly unicorn family who travelled to the desert continent many generations ago. Tall and wiry, his size is the only thing about him which is physically intimidating: he's a thinker and isn't particularly capable in any form of physical activity.

Bardic has studied all he can about the ways of the Bard - wanderers who channel magic through charisma and force of will, rather than conventional spells. His studies have been mostly inefficient so far, but he has learned enough to start feeling the effects. The wanderlust of the Bard is setting in and Bardic is finding for the first time in his life that he needs to move. Go somewhere - anywhere at all: he just can't stay locked away any longer.

He is charismatic and persuasive: a gifted storyteller and singer. Most importantly though, he is incredibly well read. Bardic 'absorbs' knowledge: he recalls books, stories and tales at a moments notice with flawless accuracy, and the huge array of texts he gasmd read make him capable of improvising skills which he has never even attempted before - with varying degrees of success.

Anyone who is in 'Walls' - this will be set before that RP.

An interesting OC, I'm eager to see what a bard can bring to a table of role play.

Also, what is a "Wall" that you are referring to?

Okay folks!

I'm starting this with Aged Rain and Umbreon: I'm liking the dynamic that the tree characters have.

Thank you all for your interest: if this goes well I'll hopefully be running another of these with another character.

Okay folks!

I'm starting this with Aged Rain and Umbreon: I'm liking the dynamic that the tree characters have.

Thank you all for your interest: if this goes well I'll hopefully be running another of these with another character.

tree characters

I would like to be a tree...

• Brohoof 1