Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You aren't a bad person for your beliefs!

CosmicHooves

If I determined the friends I make by their beliefs I would be one lonely person indeed!

I don't think of people as bad because of their viewpoint.

I characterize a person by their personality and how they are as an individual.

I have many friends with totally opposite beliefs and they are the nicest people in the world!

I am friends with people with the most twisted religions and beliefs you could think of.

I do not bring up my friend's beliefs because I know it starts arguements and makes them feel uncomfortable.

As I have learned you may judge a person's beliefs if you wish to do so.

Keep in mind though that you may have losses a friend or the opertunity to make a friend if you offended the individual.

Edited by Psyco Dash
  • Brohoof 10

Among my friends are Christian and Muslim, Anarchist and Nationalist, people of different nations, different beliefs, different traditions, I'm not talking about people I've met in other countries, I'm talking about my usual friends circle. And I don't think that difference could be a problem to friendship, cause in friendship are not important how different are you, what is really important - what you have in common.

I don't care what my friends believe just as long as they don't tell me I can't be an atheist. I once knew a guy who sent people to try to convert me to being a Mormon and I never talked to him again. (kinda mutual considering he was extremely strong on his viewpoint of religion.)

• Brohoof 2

I don't care what one person's beliefs are, as I don't give a single shilling to what their beliefs are. However, the minute that person starts pressing his/her beliefs on me… no, just no, good bye. Or when a person is actively harassing me, still no.

There is a limit that every open-mind individual has. And my limit is when they start pressing their beliefs on me.

If they don't, great, we're on friendly terms. Stay that way and a friendship may bloom.

Edited by Demirari

Do what you want, believe what you want, have your own opinions, be your own person, do what makes you the happiest and screw everyone else if they don't like it.

aw, thanks beliefs, I love you too! :P

seriously though, People can believe whatever they want, just don't go pushing it into my face though. I'll just pop it from my stack.

Edited by CMQuickfireTK
  • Brohoof 1

What if my belief (for the sake of this thread) was that pedophilia was okay?

As long as you didn't commit it yourself, i think it would be fine.

I say this because i would ignore it. As i often tend to do.

Edited by ShadowPirateX

What if my belief (for the sake of this thread) was that pedophilia was okay?

I'd condemn you.

That said, I don't belong to the majority of people who think every belief is benign and only actions are questionable. Actions don't happen without ideas inspiring them. An action can be bad for sure, *usually because the idea inspiring it was also bad*

As long as you didn't commit it yourself, i think it would be fine.

yikes.

• Brohoof 2

I'd condemn you.

That said, I don't belong to the majority of people who think every belief is benign and only actions are questionable. Actions don't happen without ideas inspiring them. An action can be bad for sure, *usually because the idea inspiring it was also bad*

yikes.

Exactly.

It's very silly to think otherwise.

My opinion, of course.

Thoughts will eventually, inexplicably, undoubtedly lead into action.

Edited by Dattebayo

Exactly.

It's very silly to think otherwise.

My opinion, of course.

Thoughts will eventually, inexplicably, undoubtedly lead into action.

What confuses me more is the total lack of conviction people must have in their own beliefs, that permits them to accept beliefs that *fundamentally oppose their own values*

We can only *punish* actions, not thoughts. But we're only obliged to tolerate bad opinions. We don't need to like them. Actually, you can actively voice your hate for them. Tolerating doesn't mean silence.

• Brohoof 4

What confuses me more is the total lack of conviction people must have in their own beliefs, that permits them to accept beliefs that *fundamentally oppose their own values*

We can only *punish* actions, not thoughts. But we're only obliged to tolerate bad opinions. We don't need to like them. Actually, you can actively voice your hate for them. Tolerating doesn't mean silence.

Yes but shoving everyone into a communal bucket because of this is unacceptable.

Yes but shoving everyone into a communal bucket because of this is unacceptable.

Love and Tolerate doesn't extend to when your beliefs oppress and hurt other people, friend.

It's very shocking to see that many people actually believe in it in these circumstances.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Agreed!

Lots of people hate me because when they ask me what I believe they hate me.

Well I don't give two craps what people think of me, my beliefs, or my God.

My beliefs haven't hurt anyone I know.

I try to act like a completely moral and good person in real life.

Edited by Psyco Dash

I don't know what you're trying to say.

I mean that because of what the bible may say and because of what others may say when they support the same opinion or the way they promote it you are going to be judged for that the same way like if you are the same person.

In other words shoving all Christians in a communal bucket/in the same box is unacceptable for me. I am not aligned with the rapist monk or the gay-shunning priest and you don't know if i am.

That is what i mean communal bucket. With the same logic there is no communal heaven. Not all scientists do it for the sake of knowledge etc.

Do you get it now?

• Brohoof 1

Love and Tolerate doesn't extend to when your beliefs oppress and hurt other people, friend.

It's very shocking to see that many people actually believe in it in these circumstances.

Irrelevant with my post. Also... You took it too far with pedophilia guys.

Life would be very boring if everyone had the same beliefs but we could still go without those neo nazi's.

We could stil go... What? I don't get it.
  • Brohoof 1

I mean that because of what the bible may say and because of what others may say when they support the same opinion or the way they promote it you are going to be judged for that the same way like if you are the same person.

In other words shoving all Christians in a communal bucket/in the same box is unacceptable for me. I am not aligned with the rapist monk or the gay-shunning priest and you don't know if i am.

That is what i mean communal bucket. With the same logic there is no communal heaven. Not all scientists do it for the sake of knowledge etc.

Do you get it now?

I know right!

People always stereotype me to the max!

I mean I've been called racist, homophobic, and sexist.

You name it!

I'm none of those though...

I'm actually a quite a nice person.

It seems people always judge me for believing the Bible.

People say the bad Christians are the majority.

I have a hard time believing that because every single Christian person I have met are good moral people.