Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Serendipity

Jeric

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony: Twilight Sparkle

How did you find MLP Forums?: Google

How you became a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: Very long story."Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up."My brother-in-law is a Brony. We hit it off when he was still dating my sister, because of a few shared interests, and he was an overall decent guy. This is my little sister. At the time, I really thought that the Brony fandom was intriguing. I tried watching a few episodes, and didn't get it. No big deal. That little experiment hooked my two tween daughters though. About a month ago (a few years from my first attempt to analyze the show), I agreed to watch a few episodes again, this time handpicked by my now teenage daughters. What started out as smile-worthy territory, ended up perfectly hooked. My mind was blown when I saw the Season 2 finale. It wasn't the epic nature, the foreshadowing, real conflict, or the higher stakes. Those were part of it. The songs got to me. Ok, Epic Operatic Aria is epic ... but it was BBBFF that got to me. Also, I heard Love is in Bloom and my mouth dropped. That was my sister's wedding song. I had no idea. I felt like I was just let in to a personal secret, and at once realized that MLP had become one of the best Rorschach devices for fan investment. Oh, and the next day I found myself humming The Art of the Dress. This is actually a longer and more interesting story, but Mr. Montoya will strike me dead if I erect a Wall of Text.

Married, 37 year old father who works as an IT Project Coordinator.  I have a love of literature, science, and philosophy. I tend to spend any spare time I have in front of a laptop facing down Scrivener.

And

DFTBA (should say a bit more about me right there).

• Brohoof 7

I put on Art of the Dress when I'm actually sewing.

Well, that or Goodbye Horses.

Anyway, welcome to the forums. There's a complimentary fruit basket in the lounge.

• Brohoof 2

Welcome to the forums! I actually want to make Love is in Bloom my wedding song, but I feel it may be too much. :lol:

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your stay here.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...