Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who Do You Think Leader of the CMC is?

ZomBrony

Everypony here is saying that Applebloom is the leader cause she thinks the most rationally. In my book, that makes her the strategist, not the leader. Scootaloo, who always takes the initiative, I consider more of the 'leader', although if anything there really isn't a leader.

Applebloom is the brains but Scootaloo tends to be the one dragging them around on crazy adventures (even if Applebloom sees the obvious problems) Applebloom may be the one who understands that Scootaloo should dance and Sweetie-Bell(e?) should sing but Scootaloo is the one who dragged them off a zipline and all over Ponyville for that matter in search of Rainbow Dash. I don't think there is an official leader but Scootaloo ends up leading by force of her personality most of the time.
  • Brohoof 1

As has been said, I don't think there really is a leader, but if there was, it would be Apple Bloom. She has the best leadership qualities. The only reason they listen to Scootaloo most of the time is because she is the most forceful. If Apple Bloom had her way, they would get into trouble a lot less often because Apple Bloom actually thinks things through instead of just action like Sweetie and Scoot most of the time.

Spike is, and forever shall be, the leader of the CMC. Dragons don't get cutie marks. When the blank flanks grow up and eventually get their cutie marks, what happens then? I'll tell you. Spike keeps the organization going and 'adopts' new members into the crusaders.

Yes.

Spike is leader.

B)

Apple Bloom tends to come up with a fair number of their plans, so I would be inclined to say her.

Of course, I'm sure the three of them will branch out as part of their Illuminati-esque plot to take over the economic, social, and information spheres of Equestria.

I want Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle hatching massive conspiracies.

• Brohoof 2

Ideally it would be Apple Bloom because she had an episode with her perspective on Cutie Marks before the CMC itself was formed. But after that, I think the leader depends on the episode. Sweetie Belle had an episode of her own too shared with Rarity in "Sisterhooves Social" and in the "Hearts and Hooves Day" episode, she was the one dominating the scene.

Scootaloo seems to be the most neglected CMC. No episode of her own. No family. No back story. Its hard to imagine she's the leader of the CMC at this point.

Sweetie Belle tends to be the "ideas" filly. She's more creative, if perhaps a bit less logical than Apple Bloom. Scootaloo is the most dynamic, but I don't think she's the leader, most of the time. In fact, they seem to cycle the roles of leader, motivator and tactician quite freely. They take turns in being the leader.

I'd go with Applebloom. Main reason is because you could kinda compare it to (in my example) Leonardo and Raphael from TMNT. Both of them have qualities that make them primal leaders - agressive-ish personality, willingess to go on with a job, the drive to discover more.

It's just that like Leo, Applebloom tends to think things out before actually putting an idea in motion, and like Raph, Scoot's usually a more straight forward character, just doing that comes to mind if she thinks its the right move - without any consideration about what may happen in the future. Not to give any disrespect to Raph or the chicke- Scootaloo, as I do like both characters.

• Brohoof 2

Apple Bloom is.

Fun fact: The CMC are based off the Powerpuff Girls. You can kind of tell that Scootaloo is Buttercup, Sweetie Belle is Bubbles, and Apple Bloom is Blossom.

Came into the topic to say this.

Also every good leader needs a noticeable accessory that designates them as the leader. All you need to know is the bow. Apple Bloom is best CMC leader.

• Brohoof 1

Apple Bloom. She is always the one calling CMC meetings to order, a job usually reserved for those in charge. She is usually the one who decides what they are going to try to get their cutiemarks in next (bowling, journalism, etc.). She also started the CMC. I didn't know this was even an issue for discussion?

In the CMC Theme Song, Scootaloo was the lead singer, but that just made her the "leader" of the band, not the CMC.

Those are my 2 bits, at least. ;)

• Brohoof 1

I am sympathetic to the idea that Scootaloo is the leader of the CMC, but this is only because I have Scootaloo on the brain. When I turn off my extreme bias, I have to say that I think that Apple Bloom is really the definitive leader of the CMC.

Scootaloo is a less talk, more action kind of character. While this means that she has substantial force of personality, it does not mean that she is the leader of the group. Apple Bloom clearly possesses the traits that tend to identify a good leader - reasonably sound judgement, a steady nature, courage, and quiet strength.

The only point in favor of Scoots as a leader is that she seems to be the more aggressive of the group. That isn't a very solid point, because, you see, Apple Bloom knows how to call a chicken...

Now, I need to go reactivate my pro-Scootaloo bias......

Edited by Scootacool
  • Brohoof 4

• 4 months later...

Defintely not Sweetie Belle, she calls very little of the group decisions and acts more of a follower than anything. Apple Bloom has a lot of ideas, and sometimes calls the shots, but really, 80% of the time Scootaloo is the one spear-heading their ideas on what they are going to do next to try and earn their cutie marks. She's the bold one, she's the risk-taker, she's the one I believe is probably best fit as 'leader', as far as the actual CMC's goal-hunting is concerned. But I can certainly see someone's viewpoint for Apple bloom being it, as well.

well i think applebloom would be the leader but the isn't a need for a leader its all dependance on which member of the CmC the episoad is focused around we have had 2 Applebloom episodes, 1 Sweetiebell episode ,2 CmC (3 if you count stare master but i dont thats a fluttershy episode) and 0 Scootaloo :(

Isn't it obvious?

While we're all figuring whether it's Scoots or AppleBloom.

Thrackerzod, having possessed Sweetie Belle, is leading them to eventual planetary domination.

Also, Sweetie is a obvious leader - she leads from the back though, letting the others fight for dominance, the she strikes, sowing her ideas between their disharmony...

yeah, Sweetie is best leader and best dictionary!

Come on! They're a club of; a dictionary, a chicken and whatever the buck Bloom is.

Dictionaries can beat up chickens! Go figure!

^-^

-Joe-

• Brohoof 1

Thrackerzod, having possessed Sweetie Belle, is leading them to eventual planetary domination.

All I could think of while reading this line was this:

Posted Image

Sweetie doesn't even occur to me as the leader when thinking of the three, while the other two are both very good candidates. It's weird.

• Brohoof 1

Apple Bloom is probably the leader of it. This thing that gets me is that Scootaloo has a more take charge personality. In my mind Scootaloo is the leader.

All I could think of while reading this line was this:

Posted Image

Sweetie doesn't even occur to me as the leader when thinking of the three, while the other two are both very good candidates. It's weird.

The Sweetie uprising will soon be upon us!

When Sweetie Bot, Thrackerzod in Sweetie form and Sweetie Belle herself come together, not only will the princesses fall, Not only Equestria will fall...No, even Our (Semi) Safe-Haven earth will fall...Nothing can stop the three elements of Sweetie!

Yeah...Slight overreaction there...Or is it?

post-6743-0-19210500-1345052348.jpg