Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When you've had a bad day

Revertz

At the end of a tough day I unwind by loosening one wheel on five or six different shopping carts at the grocery store, calling up the military headquarters of India and yelling "This is Pakistan! YOU SUCK" and hanging up, feeding hundreds of pigeons low-quality chili and releasing them over outdoor awards ceremonies, and replacing manhole covers with identical-looking manhole covers made of balsa wood. 

Then I usually take a relaxing nap, have a soda, and turn on the news. 

I am a Veterinary Technician, and today at work really struck me and ruined my day.

Someone was running with their dog and the dog died of heat exhaustion; the man made his dog run for hours on end and the dog just died right then and there.

The man immediately brought his dog in, but it was obviously too late.

Before putting the dog in a bag to be preserved, I took the dog's temperature.

It was, I kid you not, 111 degrees. Yes. You read that right.

The dog was also in Rigor Mortis.

Anyway, I came home and prayed for that dog.

I took a nap, too.

Edited by Samurott77
  • Brohoof 1

I am a veterinary technician, and today at work really struck me and ruined my day.

Someone was running with their dog and the dog died of heat exhaustion.the man made his dog run for hours on end and the dog just died right then and there.

The man immediately brought a dog in, but it was too late.

Before putting the dog in a bag to be preserved, I took the dog's temperature.

It was, I kid you not, 111 degrees. Yes. You read that right.

The dog was also in Rigor Mortis.

Anyway, I came home and prayed for that dog.

I took a nap, too.

I could never do that sort of job. I would have an easier time working in a hospital pulling the plugs on the machines keeping humans alive than I would putting animals to sleep or watching helplessly as they die. When my dogs and cat were put down, I cried like a baby, I don't think I could deal with it. You are much stronger than I.

As for the douche who ran his dog to death in the heat, I hope your clinic reported him to the police for cruelty to animals and aggravated 1st degree assholism. 

• Brohoof 2

I could never do that sort of job. I would have an easier time working in a hospital pulling the plugs on the machines keeping humans alive than I would putting animals to sleep or watching helplessly as they die. When my dogs and cat were put down, I cried like a baby, I don't think I could deal with it. You are much stronger than I.

As for the douche who ran his dog to death in the heat, I hope your clinic reported him to the police for cruelty to animals and aggravated 1st degree assholism.

Well, the man was really upset. I had never heard a man sob that much.

I think he knew that he had killed his dog, but I'm still mad that he worked his dog to death.

Well, the man was really upset. I had never heard a man sob that much.

I think he knew that he had killed his dog, but I'm still mad that he worked his dog to death.

If you don't realize that your dog needs hydration and rest in the heat, you don't deserve to be a pet owner. Especially since the dog had to have shown signs of heat exhaustion before dropping. 

If you don't realize that your dog needs hydration and rest in the heat, you don't deserve to be a pet owner. Especially since the dog had to have shown signs of heat exhaustion before dropping.

Also, it was a black German Shepard. So, the dog's coat was screaming "Don't take me out in the sun!"