Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post your Travel Info

Simon

This was something I meant to start a while ago...

With a couple thousand people going to Babscon and many of us traveling by plane, I couldn't help but wonder if there are going to be any other bronies taking the same plane as me.  So I thought I'd start a topic to post your flight/train/bus/whatever info and maybe one or two of us can find someone to talk to during a layover or sit next to on our flight :D

And on top of that it'll be fun to see how far people are coming from to be at babscon.

I'm going to be flying out of Las Vegas on Friday morning through southwest at about 6 am, and then I return on Monday at 3:40 pm with a layover at LAX from 5-6:20 pm. :D

Nope, I don't know the exact times but I'm flying out of Sioux Falls, early Thursday, from Sioux Falls I go to Devener arriving around 2ish. (I know my planes go east to go west. go figure.) I don't remember my exact times and I'm too lazy to look it up. 

As for coming back my plane leaves at 5ish out of San Francisco so odds are quite good I'll be missing all of you there, I already sadly have to miss the closing ceremonies but that's what I get for not making my own flight plans I suppose and having my mom do it. 

I've never met another brony while traveling before so I would be insanely happy to do so. Sadly all I've gotten is strange looks at airports. 

My plane leaves Tokyo and ends up in Beijing for a 4 hour layover at 8:50 AM. Lands at SFO 12:20 PM the same day. Over half a day sitting in a plane, fun!

I am flying out of LAX around 1400 on Thursday i should be getting to SFO around 3pm, i will have a checked bag (for reasons)

I'll see you there probably! Flying out of LAX with my table partner at 2 PM Thursday. I suspect this plane will just be full of bronies.

Staying an extra day to explore the city. Never been to SanFran.

Edited by Duster Dawnhorse

1. Leave Chicago OHare airport early afternoon on April 16 2014, using United.

2. Arrive in San Francisco SFO airport. Find out where I can catch a shuttle to my hotel.

3. ??

4. Profit!

My plane leaves Tokyo and ends up in Beijing for a 4 hour layover at 8:50 AM. Lands at SFO 12:20 PM the same day. Over half a day sitting in a plane, fun!

That's an impressive level of commitment.

I'll see you there probably! Flying out of LAX with my table partner at 2 PM Thursday. I suspect this plane will just be full of bronies.

Staying an extra day to explore the city. Never been to SanFran.

Nice, it has been a while since I have been there. My reason for getting there early is to not have to wait in that long of a line for my badge.

Edited by easymac

About 5 minutes by car. I live in neighboring Millbrae. The first con I've ever been to and I hope to meet a lot of new people. None of my friends are bronies and I've never seen so much as a sticker on a car or anything around here so I'm a little excited to go. :D

I will be driving in from Reno, NV hopefully late thursday but early friday at the latest. I want to make the opening ceremonies at least but it's only a 3 1/2 hour drive so no big deal.

Let's see:

I'll be flying in from El Paso to LAX on Friday then on to SJC after a layover where I'll take the transfer to SFO and then the shuttle to the Regency.  Then flying back on Monday from SFO to Phoenix, and then back to El Paso.  A bit of a weird way to go but it worked out pricewise.

A bit of a weird way to go but it worked out pricewise.

Hey I planned my friend's travel to Babscon, and he ended up saving money by flying to Las Vegas on Wednesday, staying with me in a hotel on the Strip for 2 days, and then flying to the con Friday morning.  If the price is good and the schedule works, just don't question it xD

I will be driving in from Reno, NV hopefully late thursday but early friday at the latest. I want to make the opening ceremonies at least but it's only a 3 1/2 hour drive so no big deal.

I too will be driving solo, however I'm leaving from Placer County. It would be interesting to meet any fellow bronies stopping at rest stops, restaurants, etc. along the way! Though the odds are unlikely especially considering that I'll be leaving on Saturday rather than Friday.