Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the one thing that really gets on your nerves?

Rarity Paige Belle

Rabid Amerophobia. If it's because of events past and present, as an American, I would like to say I had nothing to do with them. I've been keeping to myself for years, so Amerophobes have no right to say that every single American wants to interfere with their business.

Aside from that, Nationalism and racial supremacy.

Edited by heavens-champion

I get super irritated when im hanging with someone who is overly introverted. I ask them anything and they say i dont know. I get being shy, but even Fluttershy can tell peeps whats going down....eventually.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Obnoxiously loud people that do things that annoy me dispite me telling them that I don't like what they're doing.

I also hate being treated like a "last resort" friend, where people would treat me like trash, only talking to me when they need something or have nobody to speak to at the time.

The list goes on though

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Being loud at night comes to mind. I just want to get my full 8 hours of sleep, but the people in my dorm have gotten so loud that even medication isn't enough anymore. The hall staff don't care, so I might have to buy a pair of noise cancelling headphones just so I can sleep at night.

College is great.

I think it might actually just come down to people being rude. Being considerate should be a basic human moral, but I guess hardly anyone has any of those.

Edited by Zephyr / Karou

8 hours ago, NightmareLuna1996 said:

OMG, that happens to me ALL THE TIME!

You have my sympathies. I do technical support so it’s agrivating trying to help someone who’s not paying attention. :dry:

On 1/28/2019 at 2:08 PM, ~Dusky~ said:
  1. I don't like strangers trying to talk to me... Why should I?

Yeah, I really don't get this, either.

I get being polite and all, but I don't get the random smiles and awkward "How are you?"s from strangers. Apparently it's a Southern thing, and yet even though I've (unfortunately) lived there all of my life, it still doesn't feel natural to me at all. What it comes down to is forced politeness. The stranger/acquaintance isn't actually asking how you're doing because they actually care, it's just something that they do. It's fake, just like everything else about the South being nice.

I hear up in the Northeast people mind their own darn business, and I really hope that's the case, because that's the way I like it.

I have my own ideas of being polite: Minding my own business, giving others their space, etc.

Those forced interactions for no reason are fake and not truthfully polite at all, IMO.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Envy said:

It's fake, just like everything else about the South being nice.

Honestly, Southerners are generally two-faced pieces of $#!+. Most of the ones I know have another side to them that at the very least isn't nearly as nice as they make themselves out to be. They can be downright hateful to people... :dry:

Here's another one: Anti-SJWs. The biggest hypocrites the world has ever seen. Beyond easily offended, but complain when anyone else gets offended. Principles anyone? :unamused: I may not like SJWs but sheesh. These people are 10 times worse.

Edited by ~Dusky~

8 hours ago, ~Dusky~ said:

Honestly, Southerners are generally two-faced pieces of $#!+. Most of the ones I know have another side to them that at the very least isn't nearly as nice as they make themselves out to be. They can be downright hateful to people... :dry:

Yeah, the South is so hateful. I'm so ready to get so far away from here. There are some good people, but clearly it's not enough.

8 hours ago, ~Dusky~ said:

Here's another one: Anti-SJWs. The biggest hypocrites the world has ever seen. Beyond easily offended, but complain when anyone else gets offended. Principles anyone? :unamused: I may not like SJWs but sheesh. These people are 10 times worse.

Making a big deal about being "anti-SJW" just sends out all kinds of major red flags. Also "lol why are people so offended by everything these days?". These same people who whine about that get offended by being told "Happy holidays" or seeing a same-sex couple kiss (or even exist). I've seen this happen in person.

Besides, I see some of the most insecure people hide behind being proud of being "edgy" and being "offensive". I've had to stop following/remove guys on FB because that's their whole thing, but then they turn around and plea for attention and whine about women never wanting to date them. LOL.

• Brohoof 2

Parents letting their kids keep crying and even more when they take them to a movie.   Or when parents let their kids run wild and have control on them,  letting them mess up things in stores.   

ONE thing?

Wow, that's tough to narrow down.

One thing that tends to keep coming up with everything that gets on my nerves, are people who take themselves too seriously. Whether that's being super preachy about ethics and morals, acting like an overly-masculine douchebag or bragging about how "ethnically diverse" your heritage is for no reason, it always links back to sheltered, arrogant, self-righteous people thinking and pretending like they're a lot more of something than they really are.

• Brohoof 2

People who act like they're superior to everyone and behave like douches because they don't believe they won't face any consenquences.

People who keep arguing a point because they want to be right, instead of actually having a conversation. People who argue for the sake of arguing 

People who do nothing but complain. It's one thing to point out the flaws in a given work, so that improvements can be made in the future, like recent Star Wars movies.

But when you constantly say things like X Ruined Y Forever and stuff like that and keep trying to remind people of those mistakes like they're unforgivable, it just makes you childish and immature unable to let it go and move on with your life.