Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Someone says "Ponies are for little girls."

CosmicHooves

"Go f*ck yourself, ponies are for people in any age, not only little girls"

This only works sometimes. Smarter people will realize that there is a target audience in spite of who does and doesn't catch on to the show. They will throw that back in your face.

• Brohoof 1

"Yes, and?" (character limit)

Sometimes, this is all it takes. You really don't need to give them a reason. Just know that their reasons don't matter to you just as much as yours won't matter to them.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Actually possibly the best thing in situation like this to not only state that you love the show, but preserving your dignity also would be to say:

post-25645-0-17803800-1397457534_thumb.jpg

Edited by Psyco Dash
  • Brohoof 5

Actually possibly the best thing in situation like this to not only state that you love the show, but preserving your dignity also would be to say:

That makes me want to dress up as batman and singing the MLP theme to random strangers

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

That makes me want to dress up as batman and singing the MLP theme to random strangers

Of course everybody knows what should be done next...

tie him down and force him to watch this!

Edited by Psyco Dash
  • Brohoof 1

Well, it's not like they'd be lying. My Little Pony has always been originally intended for little girls. But you could always respond as I do when insulted in any shape or form.

preview.jpg 

• Brohoof 1

Of course everybody knows what should be done next...

tie him down and force him to watch this!

On a related note, these young girls were looking at me funny in a thrift store the other day. I didn't realize until later that when Katy Perry's California Gurls was on the radio, I was singing the lyrics from the Equestria Girls promo song! I should have told them that ponies are for big girls too!

• Brohoof 1

I don't think I'd have to say anything, People who respect you wont care if you like a child's show.

So that only leaves the people who don't respect you, Don't waste your breath on these types of people and DEFIANTLY don't let them dictate how you live your life. 

• Brohoof 2

I wouldnt say anything. It wouldnt be worth my time or effort. The way i see it if girls can like adventure time and transformers why cant guys like MLP. so yeah wouldnt say anything cuz clearly they are already closed minded and all sayig something would do is stock the annoying flame.

• Brohoof 2

Laugh the kind of laugh like when someone tells you that GTA is for adults only.

(currently, as I'm typing this post, there's a group of 2nd graders playing it {Liberty City} 3 meters away)

Edited by Solid Scorpion
  • Brohoof 1

I would say well if thats so why is it that mostly men have owned horse though out history I.e they had to have ponies too. ha all because they didn't say the show just the animal :P

also I would just pull out my phone and show them this gif 
SMJg3b5.png

• Brohoof 1

I would simply say that they may not understand it but that I like what I like because I like it and that they should consider actually watching the show before judging the fans,

• Brohoof 1

"At the end of part one of the finale for the second season, the main villain sends our protagonist down to the depths of hell to die using magical green flames that glow evilly around her evil smile. But like you said, it's a show for little girls."

• Brohoof 1

It would go something like this:

Them: "Ponies are for little girls!"

Me: "...And? What's your point? I fail to see how that has any basis on a show's quality or whether one can enjoy it or not. So was the Powerpuff Girls and I defy you to say that wasn't awesome."

• Brohoof 1

On a related note, these young girls were looking at me funny in a thrift store the other day. I didn't realize until later that when Katy Perry's California Gurls was on the radio, I was singing the lyrics from the Equestria Girls promo song! I should have told them that ponies are for big girls too!

After watching that video for the first time it made me think that Hasbro approved of the Brony fandom.

Notice they mention specifically "Bronies" in the song.

• Brohoof 2