Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Someone says "Ponies are for little girls."

CosmicHooves

Lol so what if it is for little girls doesn't mean other people cant also enjoy it... its just like liking dragon tails or some other little kids show... People think things  like breaking bad and cop shows are more appropriate for people our ages when they are probably worse for us. I rather not watch drama shows that lead our kids today probably down the wrong path because they think what they see is something they wanna be involved in.    

post-560-0-55675900-1397857947.jpg

"That's funny.  Nobody expressed similar objections when I watched Spongebob Squarepants and Powerpuff Girls in the past."  :huh: 

• Brohoof 3

*turns him into a pony*

"How about that?"

*sit down start watching MLP*

*pony sits down next to you and starts watching*

*you go to bed*

*wakes up and finds pony sleeping*

*looks at DVR*

*DVR says whole show has been watched*

*smile crosses your face*

"How about that?"

*wakes up again and relize that was all a dream*

*walks out to living room*

*finds a life size plushie on the couch as if it were sleeping*

*looks down and finds joints all over the floor*

*shrugs and goes back to bed*

Thinking about it my retort would be no they arnt ponies arnt for any child they bite,their messy and the shit were ever they want. Now MLP FIM was never intended for just little girls. It was written to be enjoyable for both little kids and their parents. Lets face it people with kids that young are 80,s and 90s kids and they are then generation that has people naming their kid dovaking. So of course we are going to get into. Now answer me this person isn't teenage mutant ninjas turtles and transformers for little boys? Yet many grown men and women still watch and adore the series (Michael bayness excluding) ANSWER ME THAT WORLD FOR THEN I MIGHT TAKE YOUR GENDER STEREOTYPES SRSYLY.

"Yes. Yes it is. Can't really contest that."

"Bro, it's for little girls"

img-2520834-1-62e.gif

Then we hit up Mickey Ds for some drinks. Story of my life.

My Little Pony has always been originally intended for little girls.

They are for little girls.  Case closed.

That's actually false. Back when MLP first started, it was marketed to families regardless of age, gender, and culture. This was hinted in the G1 specials and first series, and founder Bonnie Zacherle confirmed this at two conventions. It didn't gear towards "little girls only" until Tales and G2 and later exploited in G3 and G3.5. Like the original G1, the main animated series is also age-neutral and gender-neutral, and the more transparent toys plugged in to simply pander to young girls are criticized or scathed (Twilicorn, Cadance/SA, EQG, the breezies).

So, when someone tells me "ponies are for little girls," I just do a few things:

1. Pinpoint to a video where Bonnie Zacherle tells a female brony how MLP was originally developed for young kids, including boys.
  2. Tell them how quality doesn't segregate demographics.
  3. Ask if they've ever participated in phenomenon related to FIM (i.e., Harry Potter, Powerpuff Girls).
  4. Use a famous quote from CS Lewis or Walt Disney about how important it is to not tell stories exclusively to kids.
  5. (When it's another brony who uses this strawman [especially to handwave the show's/EQG's quality flaws]) Tell him or her he or she embraces the concept of mediocrity, expose his or her hypocrisy by reminding them how high-quality storytelling and characterization are major backbones of the fandom's growth, and say that he or she is calling FIM an inherently weak product through the "it's for kids/little girls" excuse.
Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 4

Person: "But ponies are for little girls!"

Me: "Okay then"

tumblr_mdxai8d0HN1rzrzrvo1_500.gif

Edited by Shadow the Hedgehog
  • Brohoof 1