Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Someone says "Ponies are for little girls."

CosmicHooves

post-26070-0-24875900-1398112527_thumb.jpg

post-26070-0-63439800-1398112552_thumb.jpg

*takes deep breath*

There are many reasons why the show is so awesome. The characters, for a start, are great. Their individual personalities are brought out really well. Then there's the fluidity of the animation. Although a lot of children's cartoons are now made with flash, you can tell that a lot more effort has been put into My Little Pony, to make the animation as smooth as possible.

There's also a lot of funny background things to be noticed. For example, a pony with accidentally derped eyes turned into a well-loved character - Derpy.

The story-lines are also interesting and well thought out, rather than some of the other crap that's put on TV for children. Also, a lot of people merely like it for the innocence and morals it carries.

Every since the huge brony fandom, the animators and writers have been giving shoutouts to us bronies and pegasisters, paying attention to our feedback and adding some jokes for the adult audience. Just because the name of the show may sound 'silly' or for little girls doesn't mean it's just for little girls. I watch My Little Pony. Deal with it.

post-26070-0-72848900-1398113252_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

"Well, the first generations were very extreme in appealing for girls. But now the show seems to have changed into something for all ages and genders. Things change all the time. Just go with it, buddy."

"Hey, cool. Also, did you know high heels were made for men?"

And then I walk away and let that sink in.

... No, but really, I'd probably try and explain it, and end up getting ticked off when they refuse to listen.

I'm terrible at controlling my emotions. <<;

I'd say

"Yeah, the show was initially meant for little girls, but the plot and morals suggests otherwise. Also are you implying little girls don't deserve quality, and they only understands dumbed down sugarcoated garbadge?"

It's what I told my brother and he seemed to quickly understand.

I say that people may enjoy various media which is meant for consumption from others. If we try to adopt different attitudes and allow for universal consumption regardless of age or "gender" or anything else then maybe many would express less hostility against something which does not alter their lives in any way.

• 6 years later...
On 4/14/2014 at 6:58 AM, CosmicHooves said:

So say someone says "Ponies are for little girls."

What would you say?

You are right, I was wrong, as well as 1000 of others like me.

However, MLP is for everyone that can buy or watch them. Real life ponies are for little girls though :mlp_icwudt:

"you either need to grow up or try to become a child at heart again because what you learned is not leading you anywhere of value"

Edited by Ittoni
  • Brohoof 1

"Yeah, and video games / comic book movies were once for nerds..." 

1 hour ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I would just laugh it off. :ButtercupLaugh: Thanks to SWAG.MOV, I will never be able to hear that line in my head in any voice other than the monster version of Discord's. :umad:

Amen, brother.

• Brohoof 1