Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the highest form of education you completed or plan to complete?

Rye_B_P

Getting a "Master of Arts" title from The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts

Schools of Architecture, Design and Conservation.

HS senior, graduating in June. Planning on going two-year to a community college first and then transferring to a university, most likely Cal State Northridge, for a Computer Science degree later.

Edited by RCTM
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

Diploma. Maybe one day I'll go back and complete my associates. But I'm not giving up my job to do that just yet. 

Talk about degrees all you like. But the real demand is in the blue collar fields. The trades and industrial jobs. They'll pay well just to fill the ranks, degree or not. 

• Brohoof 1

At the very least intend to complete an undergraduate in Mechanical Engineering, and perhaps a masters in aerospace later down the line. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm a recent graduate with a bachelor degree in English!

Given the plot point of graduation in recent FiM episodes, I feel like I'm graduating with the FiM characters!;)

Congrats to all of us!:proud:

• Brohoof 1

"Toastmasters Club – Competent Communicator Award  (I Joined a public speaking club and became the first student on my campus to complete 10 speeches before graduation, which earned me this reward." - Rye_B_P 

Ace on the Toastmasters Club it is really a super club to be in for all. I hope to join again when I am in a better work position that has a neighboring club. :D

Else what can I say, graduated university 2014 in Bachelor of Industrial Engineering. Can really brag about much awards only some relating to charity work as I am a member of Rotary (Also a grand club to those who love aiding communities). Plans for the future, experience experience experience, I live for the day I have enough experience that I am able to truly join the field of Industrial Engineering. Currently, just an Admin assistant which amounts to something, bit of cash (no enough to live solely), but keeps me busy. Hope that my country does a 180 and instead of the economy going down in trash, I hope it goes up to provide more opportunities for everyone. If not I hope to be that one person that can provide those opportunities. 

• Brohoof 1

I currently have my Bachelor's in Psychology, but am looking to go for my Masters in Clinical Psychology soon. :) 

• Brohoof 5

I barely made it out on time with my class in high school. I have no plans on going to college... its like I always say, college is for the rich or the intelligent... and I lack in both departments. Plus even if I went, and some how managed to get through, all I'd really get out of it is a paper that says... "you survived hell 2.0, congratz".

• Brohoof 2

Only completed high school and I BARELY could do that. In fact, I didn't get a proper diploma, I got a 'certificate of completion' which basically a paper that basically means 'you are a brain dead sack of shit, but we don't want you around anymore, so, here you go.' Matches my life quite well really. So I am pretty much a failure.

(edited)

I plan to get an associates degree in criminal justice. Nothing extravagant but it will teach me the basics of criminal law which i will need for the career of police officer. 

Edited by DayShadow
  • Brohoof 1

Oh dear. Who dareth to raise this topic up from the depths of hell?

If only I could ignore the truth of what I said three years ago... Yet, I was whisked back into school somehow. I've said it many a time before, but a chain of events culminated into the most unexpected ways a year and a half ago, and steered me directly back into school. It was like fate... I couldn't avert it. Such nonsense.

So I'm now back in school going for my Bachelor's Degree. I've successfully completed a year, so when I return in August I'll officially be a 'senior'. o.o From there the plan is to find another university to transfer to for a Master's degree in Musicology.

No doubt, returning to school brought me into a great Music History education. I got to take Music History courses from a wonderful professor who I would have missed if I had come just a year later. I understand how to look at and interpret music (beyond theory) a lot better now.

...But this still doesn't feel right.

I completed 8th grade before my parents agreed to take me out of public school. From there I was home schooled and thus began the vast majority of my real learning. Public school basically taught me how to evade bullies, injustice and unqualified teachers, but nothing resembling a real education unless I'm planning on living my life as a perpetual victim. I thought it might be more useful to learn skills I could apply toward a career or at least satisfy my sense of curiosity, which was voracious. 

So, my 'official' education might be considered limited, but my real education was (and is) extensive. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm professor of the Internets! Have diploma, really.

But to be serious, In my opinion, papers mean nothing.

Also I have an engineer degree on computer science, yah...

• Brohoof 1

I'm currently working on my bachelor's degree in psychology. Just finished my second semester of classes. :)

I'm not so sure about psychology anymore, even though I wanted to major in it as far back as junior year of high school. Working in counseling, clinical psychology, or social work would be very rewarding, and I love the subject matter, but I'm not sure if it's really what I want to do anymore. I'm a bit torn. :confused:

• Brohoof 1

I finished high school and have a tech certificate. The few college courses I took drove me to panic attacks, and I never finished a degree. But I've worked about five years at a sign shop and I'm somewhat financially stable, so I'm not too broken up about it.

• Brohoof 2

I forgot to mention that I had some problems while I was in school. I have dyslexia, concentration problems. got often beat up in primary school.

finished vocational high school. went to a private high school to learn about computers. was there 3 months and I had problems at home. after 3 months I stopped going there. I know I'm a failure. at least I'm good with computers and speak 3 languages.

I acquired a degree in Bachelor of Art in English (Major) and History (Minor) over four years ago after spending over a decade in both post-secondary institutions and online schooling--the latter was necessary to complete my final courses--yet it was worth it as it got me out of the house and I've learned so much since then. Would I consider going for the next level? Maybe but maybe not as it would be rather expensive.

• Brohoof 1