Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the highest form of education you completed or plan to complete?

Rye_B_P

Finished high school with honors and got into a decent community college planning to get started on a music education degree as the only vocals major in the program. Due to problems that started with my adviser I ended up switching majors a couple times, but the damage had been done and was I dismissed from the college. I'd like to eventually go back somewhere and at least get an associates in business though 

this is UK terms, not sure what the US equivelent is. 

I have my GCSEs (not great but only 2 failed), then I have A and A* levels for Art and an A level in photography. Then I have the foundation diploma in art as well. 

Very art based, done nothing with these grades really, I now work with Historic Buildings. lol

I got my Master's degree in a field of molecular biology and genetics, but that was a couple years ago. I'm not too sure where to go from here; didn't feel like continuing with a doctorate thesis, tried teaching but that's not working out either.

• 1 month later...
On 01/12/2017 at 8:26 PM, Feather Spiral said:

I got my Master's degree in a field of molecular biology and genetics, but that was a couple years ago. I'm not too sure where to go from here; didn't feel like continuing with a doctorate thesis, tried teaching but that's not working out either.

Pourquoi tu mens t'as fais stmg !

I have a baccalauréat (which doesn't mean anything to you) and a BTS (which doesn't mean anything to you either) in motorcycle mechanic :derp:

Well, I've got a Master's, but I am going back to school for a second Bachelor's. It's kinda hard to get a job in the field I want to work, as I am overqualified for an entry level position and under-qualified for everything else, so my resume never makes it to human hands (Many companies rely on computer algorithms to pick the "best" candidates to interview). Here's hoping the third time's the charm!

I'm almost 40 and I continue to take class after class on targeted applications and skills. Most of it relates to programming, ERP, CRM and e-commerce stuff. Lots of regular SQL training and leadership classes as well. 

Currently in university, hoping to sitting it through into graduate school. Pretty fortunate that my parents can afford it. I don't fully believe that you can gain as much knowledge as you do online than if you just went to university; sure, the Internet is an endless pool of information, but it takes a lot of studying, commitment, and instruction to actually understand it and use it practically. I'm currently going for a physics major. 

It's understandable if you can't afford or don't meet the requirements to get into certain universities, however, but community college is always an option. You can still choose to transfer to a larger university afterwards or just get an associate's degree. 

I graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Economics back in 2013. I am currently employed as a Clinical Research Coordinator and will apply to Medical School this Summer. Hopefully, I can get an acceptance to begin in Fall 2019. It has always been my dream to become a Doctor!

Got Bachelor's degree in design last year, started working in a small studio.. Can't say I dont like it (hours are good, almost no overtime, and pay is pretty neat for my region), but I definitely want to get another degree in a few years. Either in CS or Marine Biology. (weird, but that's 2 things that engage me) 

Though, nothing beats learning from life 

• 2 months later...
On 1/22/2018 at 6:34 AM, LunarWave said:

Got Bachelor's degree in design last year, started working in a small studio.. Can't say I dont like it (hours are good, almost no overtime, and pay is pretty neat for my region), but I definitely want to get another degree in a few years. Either in CS or Marine Biology. (weird, but that's 2 things that engage me) 

Though, nothing beats learning from life 

Experiences will always beat degrees. But Degrees helps ya get one leg up over everyone else! Certs are the same way!

• 1 year later...