Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Do you have any headcanons/theories?

Odyssey

Luna wasn't "missing" during the Changeling invasion of Canterlot.

She was with a group of her Night Guards, kicking Changeling ass and saving every pony she could find.

Luna is Queen Chrysalis is Nightmare Moon still.

Luna, or should I say Nightmare Moon, wasn't completely bested by the Elements of Harmony and Luna is playing the waiting game.  The attack on Canterlot by the changeling army was nothing more than Luna testing the waters and seeing the extent of her power.  The surprise shown by Chrysalis when she bests Celestia is true shock - Luna can defeat her sister in combat.

However, Nightmare Moon/Luna has been calmed as of late with seeing Equestria's night life, Nightmare Night, and Luna visiting the dreams of ponies... and her fanclub.

• Brohoof 1

"Sugarcube" was a name Applejack's parents called her, and she now uses the nickname for other ponies as a way of keeping their memories alive.

• Brohoof 1

My headcanon is that alicorns used to exist as something of a protector/ruler race of immortals for all of equestria in ancient past and were the first race made by whatever entity made equestria.

One of the alicorns wanted to enslave all the others however and a civil war occured with the entire alicorn race that remained loyal to their original task sacrificing their life force to create tartarus and imprison the traitor alicorns in it: Celestia and Luna were hidden away by their parents somewhere before they did this because celestia and Luna were just children and were too young to fight in the battle.

The Crystal Empire vanished about the time Nightmare Moon was banished.  IMO, the 2 events are connected.  (perhaps Sombra worked for NMM?)  (This might be an additional reason Luna wanted to go to the Empire & Celestia wouldn't let her)

• Brohoof 1

My headcanon is that Celestia controls the destinies of all the ponies. It starts with before the foal is born, Celestia figures out a role that will be needed in the future and uses that in creating a destiny along with it's cutie mark and name. This explains why the characters' names always correspond with their cutie marks and destinies despite being given to them at birth. This also helps to create a smoothly running society with all the jobs being taken and performed by enthusiastic ponies believing that is their destiny.

My headcanon on Celestia is that Nightmare Star/Solar Flare and her battle form from the end of the "Reflections" comic arc aren't the same thing. Nightmare Star is just Celestia's corrupted form while the latter is just used when she gets really angry (if you've watched the episode Feeling Pinkie Keen, you'd know what I mean).

The topic title says it all. Here are some of mine.

• King Sombra isn't a unicorn, but an entity made of shadows.

If the comics are to be believed, that's now canon  :o

I got two:

-Scoots is disable and will never fly

-One of Troubleshoes's parents is a horse, I mean, JYST LOOK HOW BIG HE IS  :o

(edited)

I think Pinkie Pie might be a bit of a whore.  Maybe not a full fledged prostitute but I think she's at least more inclined towards sexual affairs then the rest of the main six.  let's look at the evidence.  In "Over a Barrel", she dressed up like a hooker.

pinkie_pie___you_got_to_share__you_got_t

Ok, so maybe that might have just been a one time gag and nothing more.  But in "Princess Twilight Sparkle Part 1" she said a line that's a little questionable and could easily be taken the wrong way.

Also, In "Rainbow Rock's" her human counterpart had an entire refrigerator full of nothing but whipped cream.

That's probably being used for more then just cupcakes if you know what I'm saying.  

I'm convinced, Pinkie Pie is a whore.

Edited by Serenade
  • Brohoof 1

Ponyville is a very small town & everyone knows everyone (I'm from a small town & I know)

Rarity & Apple Jack both knew each other before episode 1, but as shown in Look Before You Sleep, they were not friends

Fluttershy & Pinkie both moved to town sometime long before the pilot.  They were both friends with Rarity.  IMO, Rarity's cat got sick.  Pinkie brought in her friend Fluttershy to help & the 3 became friends

I think Pinkie Pie might be a bit of a whore.  Maybe not a full fledged prostitute but I think she's at least more inclined towards sexual affairs then the rest of the main six.  let's look at the evidence.  In "Over a Barrel", she dressed up like a hooker.

img-3741003-1-pinkie_pie___you_got_to_sh

Ok, so maybe that might have just been a one time gag and nothing more.  But in "Princess Twilight Sparkle Part 1" she said a line that's a little questionable and could easily be taken the wrong way.

Also, In "Rainbow Rock's" her human counterpart had an entire refrigerator full of nothing but whipped cream.

That's probably being used for more then just cupcakes if you know what I'm saying.  

I'm convinced, Pinkie Pie is a whore.

I think alot of people tend to view pinkie pie as being rather promiscuous; she doesn't seem like the type to have a very good hold on her self control due to her eating habits (even had a comic about her being unable to muster up self control to avoid eating sweets), so I could see her not connecting the dots of the possible responsibilities of having sex.

post-33206-0-35072200-1431237613_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

Similar to ponies, griffins have split groups with the common variety (griffins) representing pegasi and a less common variety, keythongs representing unicorns/earth ponies.

Canterlot is divided into multiple regions where the closer one is to the top, the higher in status they are. Near the bottom of the city are the slums which also happen to be the least watched by the guards (you work for the pony who signs your paycheck)

(edited)

i do not have all the facts yet, but i will try my best to tell my theory; so lets begin!

"There is a way to release ourselves. A spell to obtain our souls once more. We must speak it; but when we speak, no sound. We are all dumb. So failure is inevitable. And I regret ever entering the eternal bet with the devil inside me."

confrontation_luna_and_night_by_dragonfo

These words are a poem which i took from a game and rewrote it for luna's theory, so this will have much more impact if i explain:

Luna has always looked up to big sister, but when it became nighttime; she got no attention from anypony. This reason is because all ponies are sleep while she watches over their dreams, but she wasn't satisfied with this at all; she wanted all ponies to see her work. So she secretly makes a deal, she asks the darkness to grant her wish; but it would only do it on one condition, she must give up the one thing she values most; her soul. With this agreement, the darkness takes her for its own.

This is the point of no return, the deal has been made and Luna loses everything she is; and becomes that darkness. Why? She was willing to give anything to have her night sky noticed and nothing will stop her from doing it. We've seen how determined Luna is at making friends, what makes you think she wouldn't give in to weakness?

But Luna realizes all too late that this darkness doesn't want to help her, it wants to get rid of Celestia and bring forth the eternal night. All Luna can do now is watch as this thing attacks her sister and fails; both Luna and the darkness are banished to the moon for 1000 years. In that span of time, Luna regrets her deal with this darkness(Which i refer to as the devil inside), and wants it all to end. But whenever she speaks; her voice is no longer there; she can't speak.

Luna has made a grave error and cannot take it back; her soul is trapped and used by the darkness to fuel its magic, this in turn helps it gain the power to rival Celestia's own magic. But there is a catch, while it does have Luna under it control; there are times where Luna tries to call out; but cannot.

This is because her soul holds her voice, and her life; but this darkness can manipulate it for its own personal gain, so any attempt to speak is futile. So the darkness speaks for her, but not the words she wishes to be heard; only words of jealousy and hate come out. This is her sin, and she now must live with it until somepony can save her.

So when the elements of harmony are used on her, her soul is freed and she returns back to normal once more. Luna learns from her mistake and never does it again, favoring her abilities and friendships over greed.

So this is where i end it, but until i have any real proof of it, it remains a theory.

Edited by Candy Star

A headcanon I came out with recently: 

All generations of MLP existed in the same world at different times. 

In the events of G1, everything was perfect Ponies got along with each other, and it was a time of love and harmony. This was the beginning of Cutie Marks. Some ponies were born with cutie marks while others never got them. Also, many ponies reproduced asexually causing baby ponies to be copies of the parent. 

Between the events of G1 and G1.5, all the peace was lost. The different races couldn't agree on anything, so they declared war on each other. All races except Earth Ponies were wiped out. 

In the events of G1.5, the word was dominated by earth ponies. Unicorns and pegasi were considered fictional. Ponies had a simple life without any magic. Their world was similar to our world. They went to school, had transportation, technology, etc. 

Then, before the events of G3, an outbreak of non-earth ponies broke out. It turned out that many earth ponies still carried unicorn or pegasus genes. They decided to join together and not let any disagreement get between them. They lived in a peaceful age. 

Then, between G3 and G3.5, an evil pony turned everyone into babies. They kept their harmony, so everything was still perfect. Unfortunately, many of the ponies were killed due to the transformation. 

Finally, after they grew up, disagreement arose again. That time, instead of breaking out into war, they formed their own tribes. The Alicorns, a rare and seemingly immortal race of ponies, tried to convince the ponies to stay together as friends. Their attempts failed, and they decided to find a peaceful place to live. The events of Hearth's Warming Eve happened, and Equestria, a nation ruled by harmony, was formed. There was some disagreement between ponies, but overall, all races lived together in harmony. 
  • Brohoof 2

full.png

I know it probably sounds really stupid, but I've always liked the idea that Fausticorn is Celestia and Luna's mom.  When you think about it, Lauren Faust kind of, technically, is their mom.  She did create the characters after all. So......maybe Fausticorn is their biological mother. 

King Sombra could not gain a full physical body until he came into contact or got close to the Crystal Heart. All this time he was an ethereal being or even just a spectre that manifested in the depression and intimidation felt by the Crystal ponies.

In the past, like hundreds if not thousands of years ago, Smooze was actually a bad guy, and ravaged all different parts of Equestria. He was one of the princesses' toughest opponents. Much later in the future he decided to become good.

There is a seventh element of harmony called 'Forgiveness'. Because sometimes you fight with your friends, but it takes a real friend to forgive and forget.

and the bearer of that element is sunset shimmer. Forgiveness was was what her entire character arc was about in Rainbow Rocks and she even got her own (Red) ribbon in the humane six's rainbow lazer beam of doom. Besides, there are seven colors in a rainbow. Not just six.

(edited)

This post is about my Head Canons about Equestria Girls, specifically more about what was going through the head of Human Flash Sentry in the first film. I'll also point other little tidbits that I believe went in one way or another.

First of all, I recently wrote a post about Flash Sentry; focusing on a wasted flashback showing his breakup with Cruel and Dishonest Sunset Shimmer: The post is in "Should Flash Sentry have a backstory?" page 2. That's one of my head canons: How I pictured Flash Sentry breaking it up after seeing what a mean girl Sunset was being. Anyway, I would like to talk about what I pictured Flash was doing throughout the first film. Bold phrases in Head canon paragraphs are what I want you to take away from this post.

Reminder of earlier half between Flash and Twilight's first meeting in hallway and 2nd encounter in the coffee shop:

Flash first encountered Twilight when she rolled across the hallway into him. He simply helped her up and went on his way. The next time they met was in the EGW verison of Sugarcube Corner the next day after Sunset had released a video making Twilight look like a awful choice to be Fall Formal Princess. Also, when Twilight met Applejack the same day as Flash, A.J said she knew Twilight as the "new girl who gave Sunset the what-for today". 

My Headcanon here between first meeting in hallway and 2nd encounter in the coffee shop:

When Flash Sentry first met Twilight, he helped her up just as any good person would do. Later that day, word about the new girl standing to Sunset reached Flash's ear. Flash's silent reaction: "Not since I broke up with her has anyone stood up to Sunset. That new girl must be very brave to do so." Later when Sunset's video of Twilight in the library is seen by Flash off screen, he quickly realized that Sunset was up to no good again, and hoped that the new girl Twilight Sparkle would win the Fall Formal Princess instead of Sunset. This is the reason why when Flash bumped into Twilight in the coffee shop, he didn't make a fuss. He did start to develop a crush on Twilight, but was still a little wary after learning Sunset turned out to be such a jerk.

Reminder of latter half between the coffee shop scene and the Vice-Principal's office scene:

At lunch on Friday, the Humane 5 and Twilight did that flash mob song, (Helping Twilight Win Her Crown) The different kinds of students (Athletes, Rocker, Techies, etc.) were commingling with each other again. Later that day, Sunset privately show false photos of Twilight destroying the Gym to Vice Principal Luna, with Flash overhearing the accusation. Flash would later arrive with the original photos that were cut out and left in a library trash can to prove Twilight's innocence. When he asked if Twilight would like to go the dance with him, she quietly remembered that with the dance postponed until the next day, the portal back home would close for a long time. And so she run out with a panicked series of no's, leaving Flash a little disappointed. ("One no would have been fine.")

My Head canon here between the coffee shop scene and the Vice-Principal's office scene:

When Twilight and the Humane 5 were singing that song, Flash was so glad about this new girl and her friends making everyone come together in a long while that he decided to add his own guitar skills to the song. After that, but before Sunset showing Luna the ruined decorations, Flash noticed Snips and Snails coming out of the library with a folder of the fake photos. Fearing Sunset was scheming, he followed her and Luna to the gym, where he overheard Sunset's false "Twilight's ruined the decorations and I have proof" story. Determined to not let Sunset's evil scheme win over Twilight's chance at being crowned FFP and bringing the school together again, he went back to the library and found the original photos. I believe that only Luna saw the fake photos, not the whole school like with Sunset's video of Twilight. After clearing Twilight's name, he felt much more certain that Twilight would be a much better girlfriend than Sunset ever was, which is why he asked. Also I go with the Fridge Brilliance pointed out on Tv Tropes for this film: it wasn't supposed to be a subplot about Twilight being accused; it was supposed to be a subplot about the dance decorations being destroyed and the school having to come together to fix it! Twilight being accused was only added to avoid the plothole of nobody questioning who destroyed the decorations, and we all know Sunset would try to get Twilight accused of it.

Reminder of Act 3:

After Twilight told the truth about herself to the Humane 5, they decided to get the gym cleaned up. Slowly, almost the entire student body joined in the clean-up, and the dance would go on as originally planned. Twilight only bumped into Flash once during the clean-up, but no words were spoken there. It was clear everyone wanted to vote for the new girl who sang about everyone coming together despite their differences. That night as Twilight and company were going into the dance, Flash showed up to ask if Twilight would consider having one dance with him. It's the first time Flash visually blushed, while Twilight has blushed many times by this point. Right after Twilight won the crown fair and square, she ran out to save Spike. By the time Flash and the student body reached outside, Sunset was transforming into the she-demon. Demon Sunset put the student body and Flash under mind control, but lost when the crown gave Twilight and Humane 5 their antro forms and the power to stop Demon Sunset. Twilight gave the defeated Sunset a chance to learn real friendship from the Humane 5 and accepting Flash's offer to share a dance. Flash is last seen doing Twilight's awkward dance she's previously did in Sweet and Elite.

My Head Canon for the 3rd act:

Flash was finally showing his adorkable side when he asked Twilight for that one dance. I believe that while Flash and the student were "turned into teenage zombies for [Demon Sunset's] own personal army", they were aware of what was going on. Once freed, Flash approached the crater where the defeated Sunset lied and thought, "I told Sunset something bad would happen to her if she continued to be mean to everyone, but I didn't think turning into monster would be that." He would feel sorry for Sunset; he wouldn't forgive her as easily as the Humane 5, but wouldn't be as distrustful of her as the rest of the school. (At least until the next film when the Dazzlings would show up, but I'll save that for another post)

A quick list of my other head canons for Equestria Girls 1:

• Sunset broke the Friendship between the Humane 5 to ruin Rarity's chance to win last year's Spring Fling
  • Pinkie's hunch about Twilight is explained in more detail here: Pinkie Pie Theory
  • Flash was unaware Sunset was from another universe until after this first film.
  • Sunset only asked Twilight, "What happens when you bring an Element of Harmony into an alternative world?" just to discourage her. Sunset had no true idea of the consequences until her transformation.
  • As Demon Sunset, her darker ambitions took control of her as she was now willing to kill when before the transformation, she said she wouldn't harm Spike. The real Sunset was horrified by the monster she'd become.
  • That moment also made her realize she doesn't "know the first thing about Friendship". Even when she was Flash's girlfriend, she never truly treated him like a friend.
Edited by WiiGuy2014

I just thought of this Diamond Tiara headcannon.

Before the events of Call of the Cutie she used to be good friends with the Cutie Mark Crusaders. At least Sweetie Belle as we saw her and Silver Spoon at Sweetie Belle's 5th Birthday Party. It also hinted that DT and SS got some sort of makeover between the party and the events of Call of the Cutie making their appearence exactly like what we are used to today.

Headcannon 2: Diamond Tiara's Mother is Rarity's Mother. In case the first headcannon did not work I came up with this theory based on Diamond Tiara's colour scheme. She could have been a twin with Sweetie Belle but Diamond Tiara was given to Filthy Rich.